The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

47 minutes ago, KHV said:

He won't go abroad and he won't play all the time at the Etihad 

FWIW I think MUFC will be the only bidders

If I was Jack I’m not sure I’d want to go to Man U this summer.  If they did a big spend on quality before me then maybe but I certainly wouldn’t want to be first through that door.  He’s going to get paid whatever somewhere and maybe Man U will be a bit more because of their circumstances but while they are a big club they aren’t a very attractive club to go to at the moment for elite players.

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Let me guess. These so called "Man Utd reports" has come from The Sun?

I've read one from the mirror. I call bull crap and horse crap together on this speculation. If terms had been agreed then wouldn't there terms been agreed eith clubs also which there is no club terms been agreed or any mention of it. Personally I think it's all rubbish to start or get ahead of all this transfer rumour stuff and get people interested. Whoever wrote grealish has agreed terms is really one smart person, he probably got loads of new interest and clicks on his piece just for putting in the fact he has agreed with man utd.

I don't believe in it, it's going to be difficult to get Jack to say yes at this stage of the season when nothing is clear where we are going to survive or go down.

Jack is also a Villa fanatic and getting the lad to move will be a heck of a job, I do not think money will ever motivate him and a career at higher standards if anything will be that very thing that makes his mind up. Jack will be at this club no matter what if we survive, our Owners will keep him pinned down, they don't need the money that is for sure. We will also need to replace Jack and that is going to be the hardest part of all this despite seeing him go and finding his replacement will be near impossible.

Another reason why I don't think he will go for such a long time is because a club has to be selfish, if you see you have a star as an owner you need to put the club first and do all you can to keep that star who stands out.

Jack can make ad a big a name here than he can at anyone outside those who play in Europe, I don't see why he'd jump to any club other than a team like man city, spurs, Chelsea, arsenal who are usually playing in Europe.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-star-jack-grealish-21460232

35 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’m not disagreeing with anything that you’re saying but I don’t think he’s ‘chaff.’ He’s our youngest Premier League appearance maker, he’s had a lot of injuries in his short career so far. I think that he’s out of contract here at the end of the season with us sadly :(

He is out contract end of season.

He's got attitude issues. Hopefully Derby sort that out SGC

Edited by Villan4Life

23 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I know a fella who is close to Jack's family. He told me about Jack agreeing a new contract and how much it was worth etc when we were last in the Premier League. He got that spot on. He also told me that, when Jack had to make the choice between England and Ireland, he chose England because they get paid. 

Not saying that its fact, just saying what I heard and the guy was spot on about personal things before with him. If that's the case, maybe money does talk with him. 

What do you mean “they get paid”? England squad give their match fees to charity 

• Like 2

To link the Scum without linking it:

GREAL DEAL
'To that end, The Sun say United would be Grealish’s ‘No1 destination’. They, too, claim this as an exclusive.

Villa ‘would want up to £60million’, which really does seem a little low of a valuation for a 24-year-old club captain with more than three years left on his current deal at a club who would absolutely not want him to leave.

Real Madrid and Barcelona want him, too, which you would expect to bump that price up. But Goal.com say Grealish has agreed to ‘the outline of a deal’ with United and has ‘begun house-hunting’ in the area.'

https://www.football365.com/news/transfer-gossip-manchester-united-137m-jack-grealish-philippe-coutinho-mauricio-pochettino

People need to stop worrying about this IMO. The whole point of being in a position where he has 3 years on his deal is that the club hold all the cards. The only things United can do are leak to the media about how keen he is to go there (whether it's true or not) and hope he goes on strike (whether a real, refuse-to-train-or-play one or a Christian Eriksen-style play-like-you-can't-be-arsed one). They're doing the former, but Grealish is unlikely to do the latter, so if they want to sign him, they'll have to pay up.

I'm not saying it won't happen; for all I know, they'll pay gazillions for him, and Grealish may have an agreement behind the scenes that a big enough offer will get accepted. But it won't be cheap.

It's also worth remembering that United are terrible at completing transfers (how many windows were they trying to sign that Fernandes guy?) and have a long and dishonourable recent history of being absolutely rinsed by selling clubs, players and agents in every deal they do.

All this is premised on us staying up of course, but if we do we won't lose him for anything less than an eye-watering amount.

8 hours ago, TRO said:

Was that for Moor Green?.....fine Player keith, another one cut short by injury, hope Keinan doesn't go the same way.

Hall Green Social, I think we were both 17 years old at the time. He was ALOT better than me, but I think it helped that he was 6foot 2 inches and about 14 and a half stone even then. I was under 6 feet and 11 and a half stone. This was during the days when the Centre Half would kick the living daylights out of you given half a chance. For some reason they usually kicked me rather than him.

Regards.

VLD.

• Like 1

Hope he stays and becomes our Totti. I'm sure Totti had a more fulfilling career being a legend at Roma, eventually winning things while still being the star of the national team without having to move to one of the Milans or Juventus. Of course Roma were in a better position than us for most of that time, but if we can sell it to him that we can get there, we might be able to make a case to him.

• Like 1

He's in a funny position, the next 3-4 years are going to be his prime, does he really want to waste it slogging about carrying half wits like half our current team? It a big if to say we might be back in the top half again in 3 years. 

If we did sell I'd want £100 mil minimum, with first refusal on a buy back

15 minutes ago, Graham t said:

Hall Green Social, I think we were both 17 years old at the time. He was ALOT better than me, but I think it helped that he was 6foot 2 inches and about 14 and a half stone even then. I was under 6 feet and 11 and a half stone. This was during the days when the Centre Half would kick the living daylights out of you given half a chance. For some reason they usually kicked me rather than him.

Regards.

VLD.

I know it....I used to work at the Bulls Head, Hall Green, doing my licensee training.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

If I was Jack I’m not sure I’d want to go to Man U this summer.  If they did a big spend on quality before me then maybe but I certainly wouldn’t want to be first through that door.  He’s going to get paid whatever somewhere and maybe Man U will be a bit more because of their circumstances but while they are a big club they aren’t a very attractive club to go to at the moment for elite players.

They don't have enough to buy Jack AND several other top players.  Maybe Jack and one other but they need 5 or 6 who all work out to even get back to a level where they can compete with Leicester, Wolves and Sheffield United. 

30 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Hope he stays and becomes our Totti. I'm sure Totti had a more fulfilling career being a legend at Roma, eventually winning things while still being the star of the national team without having to move to one of the Milans or Juventus. Of course Roma were in a better position than us for most of that time, but if we can sell it to him that we can get there, we might be able to make a case to him.

Better treatment by the England setup would go a long way to helping us keep Jack IMO.

• Like 1

It's all typical Fergie tactics to get him on the cheap as has been said by others. Basically it's tapping up but hidden behind a wall of smoke...i.e the media buddies. It's been incessant too, he was going to them in January too "apparently".

I think the general idea is to unsettle the player, fill his head with £££££'s & deluded promises of glory and thus he kicks up a fuss resulting in a weakened bargaining position for us. It's them trying to counterbalance the fact that we have almost all of the cards (the only card we don't have "yet" is whether we will still be a Premier League team in the summer hence the trying to unsettle him now).

What is apparent is how weak Solskaer is up there, clearly Fergie is simply pulling his strings.

18 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Better treatment by the England setup would go a long way to helping us keep Jack IMO.

I honestly feel it's a concerted tactic to get him to move. He should've been in the England squad in 2018, but excuse after excuse has kept him out. First it was "he needs to do it in the PL". He does it in the PL. Still nothing. Now he's the best English player in the PL on current form. If he doesn't get in for the next squad, it's confirmed imo. If he was riding Spurs or United's bench, he would've been in the squad 3 years ago.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TRO said:

I think the key is....reinvest wisely.

we have to remember it would be unlikely to attract a player of Grealish's quality....its ok having money, the players would have to want to come.

I think it would be much easier to build a team around him, properly.

We have 13 cup finals to help , make that possible.

Earlier today I was thinking something similar.

I was thinking in reverse, what if their are top quality young players, who would actually like to play with Jack Grealish?

Isn;t that a selling point for us, to players?

• Like 1

Â