The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Nothing to see here.

If we stay up, phase 2 starts and it will involve bigger names all across the pitch, I expect to see 4x established senior players (total £150m) and several more youth investments, with Jota, Lansbury, Taylor, et al departing. 

I think Jack will get a mega bucks new deal and him to give us one more season to show our credentials before/if he considers leaving. He will be worth much more aged 25 with another PL season under his belt, and possibly an England tournament. I see Jack as a £100m player in 12-18months, look at Zaha at Palace, they won't budge from £80m and Jack is better than Wilfred already. We don't need to sell.

However if we go down I am 99% certain he would leave.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Nothing to see here.

If we stay up, phase 2 starts and it will involve bigger names all across the pitch, I expect to see 4x established senior players (total £150m) and several more youth investments, with Jota, Lansbury, Taylor, et al departing. 

I think Jack will get a mega bucks new deal and him to give us one more season to show our credentials before/if he considers leaving. He will be worth much more aged 25 with another PL season under his belt, and possibly an England tournament. I see Jack as a £100m player in 12-18months, look at Zaha at Palace, they won't budge from £80m and Jack is better than Wilfred already. We don't need to sell.

However if we go down I am 99% certain he would leave.

Exactly how I see it.  There are 3 scenarios, first we go down and Jack will definitely go, there will probably be a bidding war amongst a few teams but I have no idea how much he would cost.  Second, we stay up, we spend big and aim for Europe, Jack stays on big new contract.  Third, we stay up and the big clubs want him anyway and pay silly money we can't turn down.  I would be surprised if any of those end up with him at Manure, unless someone like Pochettino takes over and wants to build a new team around Jack.

• Like 1

Sometimes it pays to remember the basics.

Jack is an Aston Villa fan... His current job is playing football for Aston Villa in the Premier League... In the summer he will start a new hobby – playing for England at major championships... Unlike greats of yesteryear, he will never need another job (and will retire a very wealthy man in his 30s).

Only in the twisted alternate reality circus of Sky / Premier League / Football Agents are we all encouraged to look at that situation and think "Yeah, this is totally untenable. Something's gotta give. Probably in the next transfer window."

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I posted this on Facebook:

Well put & exactly my thoughts. I’m so sick of seeing or hearing about the thought of Jack leaving (and resignation or encouragement of this, especially from some of our own “fans”).

Why not see the season out and see where we are at that point?

I definitely agree with the “destabilisation” point. We have been victims of it in the past e.g. when the likes of Yorke & Bosnich were tapped up (I’ve always despised Man U) and tempted away from us when we were looking like genuinely competing at the top end of the table & when we we managed to stay in 1st position (for about half a season?) under Gregory and so many were waiting for the “bubble to burst”. We’ve never had much backing or support outside of our dedicated & loyal fanbase. They can all f*** off for all I care, can’t wait to shove all the crap back down their throats. For that to happen though, we need to stay up and continue to build a side around Jack so that we can progress and at least become a mainstay in this division.

Judging by his comments and interviews, I get the impression that he genuinely loves the club and would ideally like to stay here for his whole career if possible. But we need to be competitive and keep progressing so that we can retain him and attract a similar level of player to the club.

Edited by Jas10

3 hours ago, Nigel said:

2 big points are being overlooked by this latest story, the first of which Is a bit of blatant common sense...why would he go to man utd?

If he is put up for sale he will have the pick of most teams, the only way they get to the top of the pile is simply blowing the other teams out of the water financially,  and (with the rebuilding job they have) I'm not so sure they can afford to do that!

I'd guess these stories are coming from their end to attempt to get into Jack's thinking, to try and get him to get familiar with playing for them. It's an old trick fergie used to use, I'd guess he has been offering a bit of advice here.

The second point would render this all pointless in that I'm not sure we can afford to let him go currently. Our owners have previously mentioned he IS aston villa, and most noises coming out mention what we all know, hes too important. This would play far more into what Guardiola intimated a few months back when he replied about his off putting value.

If this is the case the only way he is sold is if jack forces his hand, would that ever happen?....at least this summer?

My thoughts are that the only reason he leaves (if we stay up obviously) is if we simply cant turn down the offer. 

I'd hope our owners thoughts on this figure match my own!

4 x his current salary at least plus a better chance of playing for England

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

So what would put them over any of the other suitors? 

He won't go abroad and he won't play all the time at the Etihad 

FWIW I think MUFC will be the only bidders

4 minutes ago, KHV said:

He won't go abroad and he won't play all the time at the Etihad 

FWIW I think MUFC will be the only bidders

I think it'll be them too, but I think there'll be other bidders but Man Utd will blow them out of the water on the price like they did with Maguire 

Just now, weedman said:

I think it'll be them too, but I think there'll be other bidders but Man Utd will blow them out of the water on the price like they did with Maguire 

They will probably go all billy big bollox with the salary offer too

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why do you think he is ‘chaff’?

Didn't Derby sign him this month just to play in their under 23s?

Did DS come out and explain the logic behind that move. In any case it dosen't really suggest he has much long term future here if a mid table championship club decide he's not good enough to challenge their main strikers yet.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

No-one is too good for anyone else, I firmly believe that

Speak to Suso and Purslow then, maybe they'll bring in Neymar, Messi and Salah in the summer to replace that no good charlatan Grealish! 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Didn't Derby sign him this month just to play in their under 23s?

Did DS come out and explain the logic behind that move. In any case it dosen't really suggest he has much long term future here if a mid table championship club decide he's not good enough to challenge their main strikers yet.

I’m not disagreeing with anything that you’re saying but I don’t think he’s ‘chaff.’ He’s our youngest Premier League appearance maker, he’s had a lot of injuries in his short career so far. I think that he’s out of contract here at the end of the season with us sadly :(

31 minutes ago, KHV said:

4 x his current salary at least plus a better chance of playing for England

I know a fella who is close to Jack's family. He told me about Jack agreeing a new contract and how much it was worth etc when we were last in the Premier League. He got that spot on. He also told me that, when Jack had to make the choice between England and Ireland, he chose England because they get paid. 

Not saying that its fact, just saying what I heard and the guy was spot on about personal things before with him. If that's the case, maybe money does talk with him. 

8 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Speak to Suso and Purslow then, maybe they'll bring in Neymar, Messi and Salah in the summer to replace that no good charlatan Grealish! 

I can't understand why Messi and Ronaldo haven't joined my Sunday league team yet, who do they think they are?! 

57 minutes ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

Sometimes it pays to remember the basics.

Jack is an Aston Villa fan... His current job is playing football for Aston Villa in the Premier League... In the summer he will start a new hobby – playing for England at major championships... Unlike greats of yesteryear, he will never need another job (and will retire a very wealthy man in his 30s).

Only in the twisted alternate reality circus of Sky / Premier League / Football Agents are we all encouraged to look at that situation and think "Yeah, this is totally untenable. Something's gotta give. Probably in the next transfer window."

He also loves football, and will be excited/intrigued to play at an elite club, and in CL games.

Â