The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

49 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Tbh after Young, Yorke, Milner, Barry I can’t take another especially not Jack. 

I’ll always be a Villa fan but that will significantly diminish how much I emotionally invest in this club. The fact one of our own just compounds the misery. I can not and will not accept any talk of “ambition” by any board if we sell our best players. 

Hes a once in a generation player and if we sell then I’m done. 

Even if we go down the only way I’ll accept him leaving is with a buyback clause he’s ours circuses like United can **** off

It would definitely hurt like hell mate.

I'm also certain some sort of "Powers that be" are feeding these things to the tabloids.

There is no way this could just all of a sudden be so relentless.

A nice pay off and pat on the back for doing the dirty work. c*nts.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Xela said:

Platty in the Venglos season (90-91) was another. Single handedly kept us up. 24 goals from midfield. 

Super Jack is right up there though. 

Platty was amazing too had in my mind as in the small group.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I doubt we'd accept anything less than 9 figures for Jack. We cant replace him even with that money so its pointless unless we have to, or we go down.

Anyway, Man Utd arent even the best team in their City that would want him, so why go there and play for a clueless manager? Get ****.

If we stay up, and if we don't have release clauses or agreements in place, he stays. We'd have to invest heavily in the squad too to match his ambitions.

I, just like you, would be bitterly disappointed if he joined Man Utd. They have a massive rebuilding job on their hands to win anything big so why go there? I could understand if he joined Liverpool or Man City but where would he play in those teams? Behind the striker so Firmino or David Silva's replacement. Not too sure that would happen although, Silva may now be passed what Man City want from a player in that position. 

If/when Jack leaves, I hope it is to go to Barcelona as he would be a perfect fit there.

If we stay up, I think it will lead to Jack sitting down with the senior bosses to discuss player recruitment. I think that he would want to know he won't have to drag the team along by himself all next season before committing to the club. I think that he has a fair case if that were to happen. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Graham t said:

I actually played alongside Keith Leonard. What is your claim to football fame?

ATB

VLD.

Was that for Moor Green?.....fine Player keith, another one cut short by injury, hope Keinan doesn't go the same way.

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

When you see what £ 40 million gets you £65 million would be a pisstake. 

We're not gonna sell so it's a non issue, bit if we had to he'd go for way more than that. 

The problem is, if we get relegated, we have no real bargaining position. He'll be taken off our hands for much less than he's worth. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Grealish will never score 24 goals in one season at any club, I guarantee you that

Different types of midfielder though. 

Jack is more like Gazza in style. 

• Like 3

Just now, Xela said:

The problem is, if we get relegated, we have no real bargaining position. He'll be taken off our hands for much lower than he's worth. 

Why? Unless there's a release clause we don't have much of a problem. There's so many clubs that would be interested it wouldn't be hard to drive up the price anyway. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I find this staggering. Not just the content of the post, not the fact you’ve managed to somehow spell ‘neck’ wrong, but the fact it’s come from you, SGC. 

You have claimed that nearly every one of our academy products over the years will go on to great things. You still claim RHM will be better than Harry Kane. Players that have gone on to ply their trade in the conference south were once lauded as future superstars by yourself. And here we have a player that has come through our academy, an absolute superstar in the making the like of which we may never produce again, and you’re claiming he doesn’t warrant the praise he is receiving from nearly every pundit in the world. Has he done something to your family? 

’Doesn’t dominate the game’, ‘Doesn’t take a game by the scruff of the kneck’. Those are two things he absolutely does in nearly every single game he plays. He is literally our only attacking threat in most matches, he never drops his head and he continues to fight hard until the very last kick. His attitude is absolutely superb and it compliments his incredible ability. 

It’s very rare, unless it’s something posted by VillaLad, that you come across a post so wide of the mark on this forum. 

I think you need to wind your kneck in sunshine. 

But he is entitled to his opinion....even if we disagree with him.....as is Villa lad entitled to his.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Getting really worried now. Goal are reporting he has already looked at houses in Manchester 🤣 

Garbage isn't it! As if he'd be looking now, potentially 6 months ahead of a speculative move. 

Plus surely you'd be looking in Cheshire not Manchester!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Why? Unless there's a release clause we don't have much of a problem. There's so many clubs that would be interested it wouldn't be hard to drive up the price anyway. 

Player power. If we go down, he'll want to leave, we say no and his head will drop, like Yorke did. Its shit but if a player wants to leave, he can force a move. Unless we put him in the reserves for the remainder of his contract which benefits no one. 

i dare say there is some 'gentleman's agreement' in place with Jack anyway about moving on

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Player power. If we go down, he'll want to leave, we say no and his head will drop, like Yorke did. Its shit but if a player wants to leave, he can force a move. Unless we put him in the reserves for the remainder of his contract which benefits no one. 

i dare say there is some 'gentleman's agreement' in place with Jack anyway about moving on

That's fair enough. But it's unlikely Jack will give the club a bad deal, and we now got owners rich enough to fight player power if needs be. 

But this is pointless as he's staying. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Grealish will never score 24 goals in one season at any club, I guarantee you that

But he does so much more during the game.

Goal scorers are naturally revered, but there is so much during a game that can equally be revered that does not involve scoring.....Gazza was not known for his high rate of goals or Alan Hudson.....i do agree he does need to be scoring more to be taken seriously in some quarters.....but the lad is chief cook and bottle washer for us, he is sacrificing his own career for us right now......he will score loads in a better team.

I don't see Jack agitating for a move yet. If we go down, and our price is met, I don't even think we'd try to keep him. It wouldn't really be fair either.

I think we'll stay up though and considering the wealth of our owners and the potential of this club, we could sell him the dream with a massive new contract to boot. It might not be enough.

I'm not naive to how players are now, even diehard supporters, especially when the so called mega clubs come knocking, and I firmly believe Jack could play for any team in the world.

Having said that, Jack wont have to move to get an England place. He might and should strongly consider giving us another year. Time is on his side. But we have to stay up and we have to have a very ambitious plan to sell him or he will most certainly be gone.

And yes, it would be catastrophic. We can't replace the effect, leadership by example and influence he has on this club. The only way to reinvest the money properly would be to spend it all on hoovering up the best kids around and play the long game. Not clawing at a few 30m mercenary gambles that may never pay off. 

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. The gibbering fans of other clubs and idiot media gobshites are desperate to get Jack to another club. The narrative is he's too good for Aston Villa. Nobody is too good for Aston Villa.

Lets see what happens over the next few months. If he leaves, Football will be a little bit more dead to me but I'm prepared either way.

• Like 2

Just now, Mazrim said:

It wouldn't really be fair either.

That depends on Jack, he might want to try and get us back up and have a team built around him as captain when we come back up and don't have to have a 38 player turnover. 

On a footballing level for your team that is about as good as it gets. In a world without agents, money etc. etc. anyway. That's not the world we live in, but if he wanted to stay and our price was met I'd hope we'd tell whoever it was to go and bollocks ;)

17 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

That's fair enough. But it's unlikely Jack will give the club a bad deal, and we now got owners rich enough to fight player power if needs be. 

But this is pointless as he's staying. 

Until we know our destiny, its just speculative.

its quite clever for certain clubs to put this out and distract their natives from a poor season......funny how Liverpool are not saying much.....they don't have too.

Edited by TRO

Sadly I'm pretty convinced there is in fact a release clause in the contract.

Obviously no idea about the details but I imagine it will at least be triggered if we are relegated.

For him to sign a new contract when he did I'd expect it to contain an out even thou his love for the club is beyond doubt.

Hopefully all those clauses were cancelled when we got promoted.

Jack will never want to leave. He loves the club and it would probably break his heart. But as I’ve said before football careers are short.

He is a special talent that will get the chance to play at the highest level and challenge for league titles and champions league. These are are once in a life time opportunities and he would be absolutely mental to not take that chance and there is no way the club can hold him back. 

But we must get top dollar for him whether it’s this summer or the next so every penny can be spent on new signings. That’s the most important thing for the club. 

As for all the Man U speculation. Just look at the sources. He’d be absolutely mental to join Man U at this moment in time. Especially when City will be looking for big signings this summer.  Pep would take him to the next level.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

I've been following since Villa from about 87 onwards and there are 3 players who stand out above all others: God, Platty and Yorke. 

No-one else has hit that pantheon for me. I'm too young to remember the best of Sid and Gary Shaw etc. There have been some close calls: Milner for one, Barry is another. Southgate, Benteke and maybe Young, but none are at the level of the aforementioned triumvirate. If he carries on like he has for the rest of the season then Jack will be joining those 3. 

Gary shaw and sid were very special players, can't remember Gary ever getting caught on the ball, he must have done, but rarely......sid could scheme and ball win in equal measure.....but a bit before my time but they say Gerry Hitchens was a phenomenal scorer.

but I still think Jack is up there with them all.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â