The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

39 minutes ago, eholm said:

Maguire went for £80 M...a CB!!! As a maker and scorer of goals I can only see Jack leaving for at least £80-85M.....probably pushing the £100M..plus the fact he’s got 4 yrs left on contract. (Obviously this will change should we get relegated).

17 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Harry Maguire is supposedly worth circa £80m! On the basis of that alone, Jack Grealish goes for a minimum of £100m. 

Also, its worth remembering that, if we do get relegated, we still hold all the cards. I don't buy this idea he would be worth less because he's our player and under a decent length of contract so we could play hardball and sell others to meet FFP before we let Jack go. 

Think its fair to not use the Maguire signing as the standard considering everyone agrees its overpriced. If the Maguire signing is the standard, then pretty much near every other signing is a steal in some capacity.

I fear the scenario where we try and mug off any takers for Grealish leading to a scenario where he has to stay with us because we didn't get the offer we wanted. I don't want it to come to the point where we're holding him hostage in the Championship when he wants to leave. 

Edited by Laughable Chimp

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Think its fair to not use the Maguire signing as the standard considering everyone agrees its overpriced. If the Maguire signing is the standard, then pretty much near every other signing is a steal in some capacity.

So what you're saying is that when we sell an important asset we shouldn't be looking at overpriced? Maybe we should just give him away? 

• Like 1

Fwiw this thing where our fans are more worried about selling our best players and what they are worth, than actually watching good players play football is just weird. It's like the player value suddenly is more important than winning trophies. This in a season where we are 21 days from a cup final. Swear I want off this train. 

We're turning more into small shit club fans like Brentford by every day. 

Wish Jack could just sign a contract extension and be vocal about intending to stay so we don't have to read all this drivel for the next 5 months. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tbh after Young, Yorke, Milner, Barry I can’t take another especially not Jack. 

I’ll always be a Villa fan but that will significantly diminish how much I emotionally invest in this club. The fact one of our own just compounds the misery. I can not and will not accept any talk of “ambition” by any board if we sell our best players. 

Hes a once in a generation player and if we sell then I’m done. 

Even if we go down the only way I’ll accept him leaving is with a buyback clause he’s ours circuses like United can **** off

10 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

So what you're saying is that when we sell an important asset we shouldn't be looking at overpriced? Maybe we should just give him away? 

No I'm saying don't let it influence your expectations too much. if we can sell Grealish for even more than he is worth that's great, that's what we should be looking for. But don't set cases of overpriced signings as the standard of your expectation of what we should be getting. Otherwise, you 're liable to be frequently disappointed with our sales.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

17 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Grealish will never score 24 goals in one season at any club, I guarantee you that

Platt really used to play as a second striker. We were also totally set up to match his strengths. Grealish is a better all round player in my opinion and also the league standard is much higher now.

Both top players to be honest. If Grealish scores a last minute winning volley in the last minute of a World Cup last 16 game then he will have done ok. It’s really nice to be having these kind of debates again to be honest. Who is the best, former top player A or current top player B?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

No I'm saying don't let it influence your expectations too much. if we can sell Grealish for even more than he is worth that's great, that's what we should be looking for. But don't set cases of overpriced signings as the standard of your expectation of what we should be getting. Otherwise, you 're liable to be frequently disappointed with out sales.

Nah. I disagree there. If you can't expect a talent that hasn't been seen at the club in decades, to be sold at a premium, a talent that the right age, English, has the best stats in the league, on his way into the national side, a talent talked about by every supporter in every club. If you can't expect that player to be sold at a premium or overpriced, then you never can. He's looking to be worth PL survival at this stage, which is around £300 million? 

Either way, the fetish on here to put a value on and sell a player once we suddenly got a good one confuses me. Swear Championship manager broke a few generations of supporters. 

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

It is only me that posts on this account, in my opinion, Grealish isn’t a leader, he doesn’t rally the troops or shout encouragement.How have I wound you up? Because I have a different opinion to everyone else? I often see strolling back on the halfway line when the rest of our team is trying their hardest to get back in to position. For me, Grealish has done nothing to warrant the praise he has received from top managers and the press. Yes, he has scored a few great goals but he doesn’t dominate a game or take a game by the scruff of the kneck. He comes across to me like ‘I’m too good for this team’ and no player should do that, regardless of how good they are

Wow!! Literally, one of the most bizarre posts I have ever seen on this forum in all my years!! I really am trying to be open minded to an obscure/differing  point of view, however, for someone who pertains to have a  good judgement of footballing ability, I find this post to be staggering. Grealish is quite simply a once in a generation player who will go on to be one if the best players this country has produced. Sidcow sums it up very well.....you simply MUST be watching/describing a different player!!??

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Fwiw this thing where our fans are more worried about selling our best players and what they are worth, than actually watching good players play football is just weird. It's like the player value suddenly is more important than winning trophies. This in a season where we are 21 days from a cup final. Swear I want off this train. 

We're turning more into small shit club fans like Brentford by every day. 

Wish Jack could just sign a contract extension and be vocal about intending to stay so we don't have to read all this drivel for the next 5 months. 

A bit harsh that.  Also inaccurate and pretty disrespectful to Brentford. 

Nobody wants us to sell him but pretty much every club will have players that are too good for them and eventually move on. Even teams like Man U and Liverpool have had to sell to the likes of Real Madrid and Barca and even City!  You can’t hold back a player that wants to leave. 

What is important is the club get big money for him and reinvest every penny of it. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I fear the scenario where we try and mug off any takers for Grealish leading to a scenario where he has to stay with us because we didn't get the offer we wanted. I don't want it to come to the point where we're holding him hostage in the Championship when he wants to leave. 

If you believe the press, Man Utd are favourites to sign Jack. That was the case with Maguire iirc. 

Let's imagine the scenario where Woodward of Man Utd sits around a table with Purslow of Villa. Woodward says "We are really interested in signing Jack Grealish from you. What would be your asking price?". I don't know about you or anybody else but, as a fan of Aston Villa Football Club - and, Jack Grealish - I would be mortified if Purslow didn't reply by saying something like, "well, a year ago you paid £80m for Harry Maguire. We all know that the most valuable players are those that create and score goals and Jack is our very best at doing that so, by that alone, we are looking at over £100m for the player". 

If Purslow didn't do that he shouldn't be in the job. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

A bit harsh that.  Also inaccurate and pretty disrespectful to Brentford. 

In my experience it's very accurate. Both from reading their forums and what the lad that posts on here say. It's all about turning a profit. Like their fans were paid dividends or something. Small time shit thinking. You're in football to win trophies. The end. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Maguire has a lot of elements to it, a club desperate for a marquee "were still relevant!" type signing who you could argue had a political element to him following Liverpool paying £75m to break the most expensive defender record, from a club that don't want to sell with a player who to be fair to him iirc stayed pretty quiet all summer and then it was a deal that happened towards the end of the window in a summer in which they'd been mugged off by Palace (wan bissaka deal itself having a lot of elements to it, again relevant club syndrome, young English RB when Liverpool have their own etc) and not done enough to suggest they would progress this season

Long worded summation of "panic buy" 

With Woodward still there you could see them doing it again so it depends what the club and player want, we could take utd for a ride all summer (I hope not, will be boring as ****) and get maguire type money for him, the scenario that lead to Maguires inflated value will still be there this year

I doubt we'd accept anything less than 9 figures for Jack. We cant replace him even with that money so its pointless unless we have to, or we go down.

Anyway, Man Utd arent even the best team in their City that would want him, so why go there and play for a clueless manager? Get ****.

If we stay up, and if we don't have release clauses or agreements in place, he stays. We'd have to invest heavily in the squad too to match his ambitions.

Just now, Mazrim said:

I doubt we'd accept anything less than 9 figures for Jack. We cant replace him even with that money so its pointless unless we have to, or we go down.

Anyway, Man Utd arent even the best team in their City that would want him, so why go there and play for a clueless manager? Get ****.

If we stay up, and if we don't have release clauses or agreements in place, he stays. We'd have to invest heavily in the squad too to match his ambitions.

I’d love to share your opinion, mate, however, I think Jack’s head will be turned in the Summer, especially after the Euros, and he will look to move on irrespective of our status. Now, the question then is will he be allowed to leave....we all know that the players hold the power these days and long contract or not, a circa £100m bid combined with Jack’s potential desire to leave makes it extremely likely that we have 13 games left of Jack in a Villa shirt, IMO. 

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Grealish will never score 24 goals in one season at any club, I guarantee you that

Neither has Riyad Mahrez. Man City paid £60m for the 27 year old in 2018 and he has scored 7 goals in each of his last two seasons. 

Grealish is worth £100m whether you like it or not. It's a crazy price but that's what special talents go for and everyone bar you seems to think he's a special talent. 

26 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

In my experience it's very accurate. Both from reading their forums and what the lad that posts on here say. It's all about turning a profit. Like their fans were paid dividends or something. Small time shit thinking. You're in football to win trophies. The end. 

Ok fair enough. I have a lot of respect for fans of smaller clubs that could easily support the giant of a club a few miles down the road yet chose their local club instead.  They also understand that player turnover is important to the survival of the club and fans on here have many times said once they have their new stadium they can hope to get promoted and retain more players. 

Anyway I have a lot more respect for them than the classic Liverpool and Man U fan that has zero connection to the club or City.  You call it small time shit thinking. I call it supporting your local club and understanding what’s best for it.

Anyone going off topic now so leave it there. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

Â