The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

It is only me that posts on this account, in my opinion, Grealish isn’t a leader, he doesn’t rally the troops or shout encouragement.How have I wound you up? Because I have a different opinion to everyone else? I often see strolling back on the halfway line when the rest of our team is trying their hardest to get back in to position. For me, Grealish has done nothing to warrant the praise he has received from top managers and the press. Yes, he has scored a few great goals but he doesn’t dominate a game or take a game by the scruff of the kneck. He comes across to me like ‘I’m too good for this team’ and no player should do that, regardless of how good they are

I'm sorry but that's just absurd. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Grealish knocks around with Stormsy. He is a total rock star. Platty used to knock around mere green with a few fat blokes from Sutton! He was good Platt to be fair but Grealish is on another level. Injury permitting he will do great things

Nothing wrong with being a portly bloke from Sutton! :ph34r:

Grealish hasn't hit Platt levels yet IMO. 

• Haha 1

Wish he could just come out and state he's staying with the club and sign a new 10 year contract. Would stop the journalists write so much utter shite. 

He's made for life now already, so he's at fork where he can either stay and become a legend or leave and just become another academy product that most fans will remember with an ambivalent taste. Personally hope he goes the road of Le Tissier. 

Fouled more than anyone else, created more chances than most premier league midfielders. Minutes per goal & assist is better than Maddison and most other midfielders who aren’t at Manchester City.

if he keeps this form until the end of the season his stock will be mega. I can’t see a fee of less than £65m which is what Randy Lerner Bought Our whole club for (£68m). 

I hope Purslow is trying to ensure if we stay in the Premier League we have deals lined up early to try and give assurance to Jack we are seriously building for the future but also bringing in real quality to build this club to the next level. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

Fouled more than anyone else, created more chances than most premier league midfielders. Minutes per goal & assist is better than Maddison and most other midfielders who aren’t at Manchester City.

if he keeps this form until the end of the season his stock will be mega. I can’t see a fee of less than £65m which is what Randy Lerner Bought Our whole club for (£68m). 

I hope Purslow is trying to ensure if we stay in the Premier League we have deals lined up early to try and give assurance to Jack we are seriously building for the future but also bringing in real quality to build this club to the next level. 

Maguire went for £80 M...a CB!!! As a maker and scorer of goals I can only see Jack leaving for at least £80-85M.....probably pushing the £100M..plus the fact he’s got 4 yrs left on contract. (Obviously this will change should we get relegated). 

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

It is only me that posts on this account, in my opinion, Grealish isn’t a leader, he doesn’t rally the troops or shout encouragement.How have I wound you up? Because I have a different opinion to everyone else? I often see strolling back on the halfway line when the rest of our team is trying their hardest to get back in to position. For me, Grealish has done nothing to warrant the praise he has received from top managers and the press. Yes, he has scored a few great goals but he doesn’t dominate a game or take a game by the scruff of the kneck. He comes across to me like ‘I’m too good for this team’ and no player should do that, regardless of how good they are

It’s not 1st April...

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Nothing wrong with being a portly bloke from Sutton! :ph34r:

Grealish hasn't hit Platt levels yet IMO. 

Grealish has exceeded Platt’s level. I’ve been watching Villa since the early 70’s and he’s up with Sid & God in terms of ability.

I posted this on Facebook:

Anybody else getting sick and tired of these disrespectful Jack Grealish stories tabloids have been coming out with relentlessly over the past few days? It is actually starting to look like some kind of conspiracy to destabilise the club and player, as they know if his head gets turned right now, and his performances dip, their is a higher chance we go down, and almost NO chance some of these clubs get him if we stay UP.

It might sound far fetched but trust me, at the end of the day it's money and business, you have no idea how far people with connections will go to get what they want. Aside from that, I see some of our very own fans "resigned" to him leaving, look, we are not a small club with a low ceiling, we are not Hull, Bournemouth, Burnley, or Brentford ffs. We are a historical club, with a huge fanbase and ceiling. We have extremely wealthy owners, CEO and ambition. if we stay up, there is no way Jack Grealish leaves, he will be sold the vision and we will then be in the market now for actual top quality players to push on.

Infrastructure will continue to be built to push on. If we stay up, and Jack is presented with the option to stay, on big money, make history with the club he "loves" and still decides he wants to go? He can piss off as far as i'm concerned, and any deal will HAVE to be one which can see the club pretty much build a quality squad. Tired of this defeatist small time attitude.

Realistically, this is his FIRST season playing in the Premier League properly, and ASTON VILLA are as much responsible for Jack Grealish becoming who he is, as Jack Grealish himself. Where is OUR respect? What do WE deserve?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

When you see what £ 40 million gets you £65 million would be a pisstake. 

We're not gonna sell so it's a non issue, bit if we had to he'd go for way more than that. 

Harry Maguire is supposedly worth circa £80m! On the basis of that alone, Jack Grealish goes for a minimum of £100m. 

Also, its worth remembering that, if we do get relegated, we still hold all the cards. I don't buy this idea he would be worth less because he's our player and under a decent length of contract so we could play hardball and sell others to meet FFP before we let Jack go. 

Edited by Villarocker

Been watching villa for close on 50 years he's up there with the best I have seen:-

Brian Little

Tony Morley

David Platt

Paul Merson

Mark Bosnich

- not only were the above great players - they were a joy to watch - they made it look easy ...Jack's up there them.

Â