The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

23 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Not trolling at all, Cahill has gone on to win 61 England caps, the Champions League, he’s had a great career, he was always destined for big things, he hasn’t disappointed. 

Grealish could go on to have a great career but he’s done next to nothing so far...oh wait he holds the record for 20 consecutive defeats in the Premier League. People that are saying that he’s the best player ever to play for the club need a reality check in my opinion 

Mings is a current England international so is Heaton, we have many internationals in our squad 

I think it depends on how you value/appriase the player....if he was playing for a successful club he would have his fair share of England Caps, by now.I think its one of international footballs embarrassments, not him.

I can't think of many of ours players that have Barcelona, Real Madrid, Liverpool, Man city, Man Utd fans saying they would love him in their team.....thats testimony of this fabulous player we have.

I can't think of a player of ours that has had so much influence on our performances/results as Jack.

I am not saying there hasn't been better and more prolific goal scorers......but Jack is Aston Villa, right now.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think it depends on how you value/appriase the player....if he was playing for a successful club he would have his fair share of England Caps.

I can't think of a player of ours that has had so much influence on our results as Jack.

I am not saying there hasn't been better and more prolific goal scorers......but Jack is Aston Villa.

I think it highlights how bad the rest of our side  and as a result Grealish’s ability has been exaggerated. One player doesn’t make a team and it shouldn’t be that way, it’s a team game. I think Grealish has become vastly overrated by fans of all clubs and media alike

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think it highlights how bad the rest of our side  and as a result Grealish’s ability has been exaggerated. One player doesn’t make a team and it shouldn’t be that way, it’s a team game. I think Grealish has become vastly overrated by fans of all clubs and media alike

Apparently Manchester United do not agree with your appraisal.......

28 minutes ago, Graham t said:

Apparently Manchester United do not agree with your appraisal.......

In that case, they’re probably on to something then ;) hopefully they pay a ridiculous amount of money for him and Smith can rebuild the side completely 

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I have to disagree....i think he would be even better in a better team.

However, I agree, we need to play more like a team.

i don't think Jack's ability has been exaggerated, but I will say this, since he has added physicality to his game and learned how to deal with it against him....he has been transformed.

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

I have to disagree....i think he would be even better in a better team.

However, I agree, we need to play more like a team.

i don't think Jack's ability has been exaggerated, but I will say this, since he has added physicality to his game and learned how to deal with it against him....he has been transformed.

You’re an older poster, correct? Is he the best player you’ve ever seen play for the club? I’ve seen quite a few fans say that he is

14 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

You’re an older poster, correct? Is he the best player you’ve ever seen play for the club? I’ve seen quite a few fans say that he is

In my opinion, he is in a small group with the likes of Paul McGrath......but for me, I can't remember a player having more influence on a team......some great players doing Great things like Dwight Yorke.....but sheer influence, it has to be Jack.

yes i am an old fogie, who one star ,was a personal friend at one time, so i could easily be biased.

no its Jack for me.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

In that case, they’re probably on to something then ;) hopefully they pay a ridiculous amount of money for him and Smith can rebuild the side completely 

'A ridiculous amount of money' you mentioned would be 22 million for a player who does know his left foot from his right. Jack on the other hand is a genius who is keeping a whole team afloat ( even one that had a certain centre forward as a 'passenger)'. I would expect 80million for Grealish ( possibly more ) and less than 5 million when we ' jettison ' our passenger, ( can't imagine United involved in this transfer ).

Regards,

VLD.

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think Grealish has become vastly overrated by fans of all clubs and media alike

We will have to wait and see who's right on this one. I however I have seen enough to make my judgement on him, injuries apart he will be a world class player who England fans will love as  much as we all do. 

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I genuinely cannot fathom your appraisal of players.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

In my opinion, he is in a small group with the likes of Paul McGrath......but for me, I can't remember a player having more influence on a team......some great players doing Great things like Dwight Yorke.....but sheer influence, it has to be Jack.

yes i am an old fogie, who one star was a personal friend at one time, so i could easily be biased.

no its Jack for me.

Platty in the Venglos season (90-91) was another. Single handedly kept us up. 24 goals from midfield. 

Super Jack is right up there though. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, tinker said:

We will have to wait and see who's right on this one. I however I have seen enough to make my judgement on him, injuries apart he will be a world class player who England fans will love as  much as we all do. 

Why hasn’t he played for England yet then? 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Platty in the Venglos season (90-91) was another. Single handedly kept us up. 24 goals from midfield. 

Super Jack is right up there though. 

I very much doubt Grealish will get anywhere near that amount ever in his career

11 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Because, for all his talk about "creating an identity", Southgate is a very conservative, copycat manager.

I can definitely understand conservative but why is he a copycat?

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

35 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I genuinely cannot fathom your appraisal of players.

I legit think he's just trolling with the Grealish hate tbh. 

Or maybe he just has a thing for having the unpopular/unique opinion which manifested itself as thinking every 16yo who could kick a ball as the next Messi. But doesn't really work with Jack considering everyone here loves him.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I can definitely understand conservative but why is he a copycat?

I think he's very obviously influenced by what's fashionable. Whether it's using a "ballplaying" goalkeeper (despite England not having any good ballplaying goalkeepers), buying into the John Stones hype, bringing half the Chelsea squad in... I just feel like he has no idea how to accommodate an unusual player from a lower club, because it isn't something he's seen Klopp, Guardiola or Lampard do.

The way he describes his views on Grealish as a footballer has always shown a massive lack of flexibility to me. I think top managers know how to accommodate a talented player who doesn't obviously fit their preferred system. Look how Klopp has used Shaqiri, as a perfect example.

For me, Southgate is the ultimate admission by the FA that managing the England team is largely a PR exercise, and the manager just needs to say the right things and give Henry Winter and Martin Samuel plenty of behind the scenes access.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I think he's very obviously influenced by what's fashionable. Whether it's using a "ballplaying" goalkeeper (despite England not having any good ballplaying goalkeepers), buying into the John Stones hype, bringing half the Chelsea squad in... I just feel like he has no idea how to accommodate an unusual player from a lower club, because it isn't something he's seen Klopp, Guardiola or Lampard do.

The way he describes his views on Grealish as a footballer has always shown a massive lack of flexibility to me. I think top managers know how to accommodate a talented player who doesn't obviously fit their preferred system. Look how Klopp has used Shaqiri, as a perfect example.

For me, Southgate is the ultimate admission by the FA that managing the England team is largely a PR exercise, and the manager just needs to say the right things and give Henry Winter and Martin Samuel plenty of behind the scenes access.

I can’t really argue with this

• Like 1

Â