The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Gareth Southgate says Jack Grealish must play in the Premier League to earn England call-up

Southgate

Personally I’d say we have Jack as our great player, a few good and a few average. There’s a reason we are low in the table 

1 player won’t keep us up

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

You don’t think that Mings or Heaton are great players?

In my original post, I name-checked them as well as Jack, McGinn and possibly Samatta as exceptions (good players - great is pushing it for all bar Jack). The rest of our squad is made up of average/poor players, hence why we are strong contenders for relegation.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

In my original post, I name-checked them as well as Jack, McGinn and possibly Samatta as exceptions (good players - great is pushing it for all bar Jack). The rest of our squad is made up of average/poor players, hence why we are strong contenders for relegation.

Targett and Guilbert?

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Targett and Guilbert?

Without derailing the thread, I think Targett has been largely poor over the course of the season. Guilbert has been average. We need better recruitment if we have any ambitions of keeping a player of Jack's quality. Why do you think we're 17th with most of the top teams still to play if all of our players are so great?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Without derailing the thread, I think Targett has been largely poor over the course of the season. Guilbert has been average. We need better recruitment if we have any ambitions of keeping a player of Jack's quality. Why do you think we're 17th with most of the top teams still to play if all of our players are so great?

Who could we have signed that were better than those 2 in the Summer? I’m struggling to think of names. They are good players for where we are

11 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Who could we have signed that were better than those 2 in the Summer? I’m struggling to think of names. They are good players for where we are

I could give you countless examples but this isn't the Targett and Guilbert thread. Ask yourself this - how many points do you reckon we'd have without Jack this season? I strongly suspect we'd be cut adrift in 20th place. That doesn't reflect very well on the rest of the squad.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

I could give you countless examples but this isn't the Targett and Guilbert thread. Ask yourself this - how many points do you reckon we'd have without Jack this season? I strongly suspect we'd be cut adrift in 20th place. That doesn't reflect very well on the rest of the squad.

I agree to an extent but they are Smith signings, we spent £100m in the Summer. If we go down, I don’t think we’ll be in a good position financially 

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I agree to an extent but they are Smith signings, we spent £100m in the Summer. If we go down, I don’t think we’ll be in a good position financially 

Be fine as we’ll sell McGinn, Mings and Jack. 

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Gary Cahill the best player ever at Villa.

Jack Grealish overrated.

Current Villa team having many great players.

Best trolling I've seen in a long, long time!

Not trolling at all, Cahill has gone on to win 61 England caps, the Champions League, he’s had a great career, he was always destined for big things, he hasn’t disappointed. 

Grealish could go on to have a great career but he’s done next to nothing so far...oh wait he holds the record for 20 consecutive defeats in the Premier League. People that are saying that he’s the best player ever to play for the club need a reality check in my opinion 

Mings is a current England international so is Heaton, we have many internationals in our squad 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Can't belive I'm seeing a villa fan use that stat against grealish. Was a young kid in a garbage team for most of those games and you know it. 

What has he done to be labelled by some as the best player ever to play for the club? It’s hyperbole to the max and an insult to past greats in my opinion 

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why have you made that assumption? The fact that I’m called sir_gary_cahill gives it away, no?

Because I’m sure you have said mentioned it before I’m sure. Are you a he or a she? Not that it matter but genuinely curious now. 

Keeping on topic. For me Jack is the best we’ve had since Ashley Young and James Milner. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Because I’m sure you have said mentioned it before I’m sure. Are you a he or a she? Not that it matter but genuinely curious now. 

Keeping on topic. For me Jack is the best we’ve had since Ashley Young and James Milner. 

I am a man who likes both ;) you? 
When Young and Milner left, we never really replaced them, hopefully if and when Grealish leaves, we can replace him adequately 

Â