The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

TalkSport are desperate for us to sell Grealish.

Aside from having something to tangible to talk about (instead of just the musings of a bunch of brexit-voting dipsticks), I'm really struggling to see why they have such an agenda on this.

Have we done something as a club to rile them?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Spot on. He's arguably the value of a PL contract. 

As long as he wants to captain this club we should fight tooth and nail to make it so. He's progress this season has been exceptional. 

I agree we should do all we possibly can to match his talent. The first step to doing that is to stay in the Premier League. Then we’d have to sign 2-3 players that are at a level that shows serious intent, we’re talking £50m+ players. 
I’m not convinced Jack is the type who yearns for medals, I think he likes being surrounded by family and friends, and being adored by Villa fans. Let’s remember that the best Premier League striker (Shearer) chose his hometown club over guaranteed medals at ManUtd. If Jack plays for England and Villa stay up then I think he stays for next season. We should, though, be getting him a new contract now that pays him more than what Maddisons new Leicester contract will. 

15 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Aside from having something to tangible to talk about (instead of just the musings of a bunch of brexit-voting dipsticks), I'm really struggling to see why they have such an agenda on this.

Blimey, how did 'Brexit' get an airing on here. Who does he play for?

Regards.

VLD

14 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think they should keep it fresh, take a different angle, do something original and debate who is the better player between Grealish and Maddison.

4 minutes ago, Graham t said:

Blimey, how did 'Brexit' get an airing on here. Who does he play for?

Regards.

VLD

There's a fairly typical correlation in IQ and Brexit voting preferences........given that, I'd imagine pretty much everyone on TalkSport voted as such, and hence the mention.

Hope that clears it up for you.

31 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yes. We were famous once. They like to kick us now we are down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

When you benchmark it against recent transfers for players of Jack's ability, around £80m seems fair to me.

I think £100m would be the top end if we really played hardball and the buying club desperately wanted him. If we go down then I don't imagine we'd get anywhere near that though :( 

Fair enough bud, but I'd say he stays if we stay up, if we go down (doubtful, I've already predicted 15th based on I've had a bet and I'm a lucky dratsab) I think the fact we are very wealthy and him having claret and blue blood will drive the price up.

Edit.... One other factor in all this that's just occurred to me, what if he went and we really did start achieving everything we're all dreaming about, I don't think NWSE are in this for a hobby, they want success and how would Jack feel if it was happening without him.

Edited by Phil Silvers

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Fair enough bud, but I'd say he stays if we stay up, if we go down (doubtful, I've already predicted 15th based on I've had a bet and I'm a lucky dratsab) I think the fact we are very wealthy and him having claret and blue blood will drive the price up.

I'd say if we stay up he MIGHT stay, but there's a very very good chance he'll still go.

If we go down we'll still get a decent price, but he won't command the same fee as if we'd stayed up. He'll want to go, we're in a worse financial position. I'd be surprised if it was £50m

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

The problem is that he more than likely wont have a successful Euro's because he's not even got into the squad yet and when he does (although we believe he should easily) it's unlikely he'll be in the first XI.  As Villa fans we know he's a great talent but the world is only just catching on and they already have their favourites like Mount and Maddison, and it will take some convincing for that to change and I'm not sure there is enough games from now to the end of the early stages of the tournment for Jack to turn that bias.

Once he starts for England he will cement his place. He’s too good not to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think stay up or not he probably has to go really. Careers are short and he needs to be playing at the highest level. 

We can use the money to continue the rebuild as well and spend it on 2-3 players if we stay up. We cant keep relying on one player every week. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Beat Alan Brazil and Ipswich to the title in 1981 :flag:🇺🇳

He can't stand it still.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think stay up or not he probably has to go really. Careers are short and he needs to be playing at the highest level. 

We can use the money to continue the rebuild as well and spend it on 2-3 players if we stay up. We cant keep relying on one player every week. 

Aye, it’s how spurs went from mid table to top 4, turning big profits on players and investing (at times) wisely.

I'm surprised people still listen to Talkshite !!!! Let go, you will feel a lot better from doing it.

Undoubtably there will be a lot of interest in Jack regardless of our Premier League status.

The ambitions of our owners will be put to a massive test next season. Purslow is on record as saying they want to build a team around him.

If we stay up the so called big boys will come knocking and testing the water. Will Jack's head be turned when the likes of Man City, Liverpool and whoever else comes along and offers Champions League football and perhaps more importantly a massive pay rise of say 200k per week. What will our owners do? Offer him a new contract of what, 60, 80, 100, 150k per week?

Will we be able to compete with 200k per week? Will we break a wage structure?

Stay up and surely we will be bringing in better players but i dont think we will be paying players 100k plus a week in wages let alone 200k.

Maybe in the future but not just yet.

Why would Jack want to go to Man Utd? If he did leave Villa it would be to win things so no way he's going to Old Trafford! The only places he would go here are Anfield or Etihad. I think he will go to Barca though - they play in similar colours! 😉

Spoiler

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Probably because we were so very very close to selling Grealish to Spurs then refused the deal at the last minute...

Levy probably has many friends in many high places that didn’t like seeing their mate being made to look a prick...

Plus the fact, teams from the West Midlands aren’t meant to be successful... it’s not fashionable... Only London teams and teams in the North West are allowed to have nice things and good players...

Â