The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, Stevo985 said:

How do you know they're off on the piss?

Jack's Instagram yesterday showed him training pretty hard in a gym while he's on holiday.

I'm sure the players have been told to relax and recharge, but I'm sure they're also under strict instructions not to take the **** piss.

Every other premier league team is giving their players time off to rest and recover. I'd be **** livid if we weren't doing the same and had everyone in training. Every other team would be coming back fresher and more recovered and our guys would be knackered because they haven't had a break.

Yep, he's out with mings relaxing, he's out with maddison for a meal, he's on insta at the gym 

There's no indication anywhere that he's drinking 

Strange stick to beat him with 

And you'd guess that with so many of them obviously in dubai on this 1st winter break the rags will have every man and his dog out there looking for something contraversial, don't feed them when the bullshit comes 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Yep, he's out with mings relaxing, he's out with maddison for a meal, he's on insta at the gym 

There's no indication anywhere that he's drinking 

Strange stick to beat him with 

And you'd guess that with so many of them obviously in dubai on this 1st winter break the rags will have every man and his dog out there looking for something contraversial, don't feed them when the bullshit comes 

Yep.

And believe me, if something did come out that showed our players were taking the piss during this break and were getting hammered and not taking it seriously, then I'd be angry about it too.

But it's not very fair to assume they're all out there on the piss. Especially when every other club in the Premier League is doing the same thing.

This will be happening every season now that we have a winter break. This is a far better use of it than jetting round the world playing lucrative friendlies in Qatar as was feared.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

The figures being spoken about are £80-100m. I think it has to be higher. Has to be. Off the top of my head West Ham spent £45m on Haller, Grealish is so far more effective than him it’s incalculable. Maguire at Man Utd was £80m, Grealish as a No10 is a far more valuable and rare player. A couple of factors will have a big effect on potential value....1) Villa must avoid relegation 2) Euro 2020. If Jack has a good tournament his value goes into the stratosphere. 
Similar to John Terry I don’t envisage Jack EVER wanting to play against Villa, so if the worst happens and he has to go then I think/hope it’s abroad. The momentum now is all geared to trying to unsettle Jack in the coming weeks/months to try and effect his performance negatively in the hope it gets Villa relegated. We MUST find a way to survive this season. 

I think he may have a release clause in their unfortunately. I also am happy he’s being linked with Real and Barca, have thought for quite awhile now he may end up at Barca, he would be a natural successor to Messi, if they get him in the summer he’d have a year or two to learn from Messi before being there talisman. I hope I’m wrong of course, but I don’t think any of us would begrudge him going aboard to a massive club.

8 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

This is also why so many footballers prefer to live in London. We always say as fans “but as a millionaire you can live in a nice part of Birmingham/Liverpool/Newcastle” or wherever but in London people are more used to seeing celebs so they can go out without getting pestered.

I remember going for a lunch with some colleagues to this little pizza place around the corner from work and Rio Ferdinand walks in with three others.

It’s a very popular spot only taking walk ins and always busy but it still made me laugh the hilariously sour manager just shouts “no room” from across the restaurant without even bothering to do more than glance their way.

47 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

The figures being spoken about are £80-100m. I think it has to be higher. Has to be. Off the top of my head West Ham spent £45m on Haller, Grealish is so far more effective than him it’s incalculable. Maguire at Man Utd was £80m, Grealish as a No10 is a far more valuable and rare player. A couple of factors will have a big effect on potential value....1) Villa must avoid relegation 2) Euro 2020. If Jack has a good tournament his value goes into the stratosphere. 
Similar to John Terry I don’t envisage Jack EVER wanting to play against Villa, so if the worst happens and he has to go then I think/hope it’s abroad. The momentum now is all geared to trying to unsettle Jack in the coming weeks/months to try and effect his performance negatively in the hope it gets Villa relegated. We MUST find a way to survive this season. 

Spot on. He's arguably the value of a PL contract. 

As long as he wants to captain this club we should fight tooth and nail to make it so. He's progress this season has been exceptional. 

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Don’t think his anywhere near high profile enough for a Madrid or Barcelona to come in for him. Especially the former. He’s status after a successful Euros will be interesting though. 

The problem is that he more than likely wont have a successful Euro's because he's not even got into the squad yet and when he does (although we believe he should easily) it's unlikely he'll be in the first XI.  As Villa fans we know he's a great talent but the world is only just catching on and they already have their favourites like Mount and Maddison, and it will take some convincing for that to change and I'm not sure there is enough games from now to the end of the early stages of the tournment for Jack to turn that bias.

Edited by nick76

I wonder how Jacks feels.  I mean in fantasy football a move to Barca or Madrid sounds awesome and I'm sure the money will follow.  Having moved abroad myself I know how major that is especially leaving your support network behind and if there is a chance a PL team may offer a similar deal I can see him staying here.  I know when I went abroad at 27 i went for the adventure but I know how some of my friends have struggled with going abroad, some even trying and back within a year.  I lasted for many years and only came back for parents health issues but I know many of my mates that holidaying abroad is great but moving is not something they would desire....fantasize yes, but reality no.

I would hate to see Jack in another PL team outfit but the likes of Man City and Chelsea can match offers that Barca and Madrid can offer so unfortunately if he doesnt stay with us he may stay local. 

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

The problem is that he more than likely wont have a successful Euro's because he's not even got into the squad yet and when he does (although we believe he should easily) it's unlikely he'll be in the first XI.  As Villa fans we know he's a great talent but the world is only just catching on and they already have their favourites like Mount and Maddison, and it will take some convincing for that to change and I'm not sure there is enough games from now to the end of the early stages of the tournment for Jack to turn that bias.

I see his role with England, initially, as an impact sub. A player of his quality coming on against tired legs, having not been fouled for the first hour of the game... could do some serious damage.

Then later in the tournament (if we make it that far) there will be a huge clamour for Grealish to start. Bit like Owen in France 98, who forced his way into the starting 11 during the tournament.

That’s how I imagine it, anyway. Knowing our luck Eric Dier will break both his legs in the first training session.

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

I see his role with England, initially, as an impact sub. A player of his quality coming on against tired legs, having not been fouled for the first hour of the game... could do some serious damage.

Then later in the tournament (if we make it that far) there will be a huge clamour for Grealish to start. Bit like Owen in France 98, who forced his way into the starting 11 during the tournament.

I love it, I really do.....hopefully it will go this way. 

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I would hate to see Jack in another PL team outfit but the likes of Man City and Chelsea can match offers that Barca and Madrid can offer so unfortunately if he doesnt stay with us he may stay local. 

Agreed, but I think Barca and Real, might want to see Jack doing it at international level and in the Champions league, before they look to bring him in. After a couple of years, with us (hopefully) or a top four club, they would probably have to pay double what they would now though. 

Ever the optimist, how about Jack staying with the club he supports for the next two years and then telling those Spanish clubs, "Thanks, but no thanks, I would rather stay and play my Champions League football, with Villa against you next season" . 😊

Once again **** Real Madrid. No Jack. If you see someone in Madrid who looks like a dick it's guaranteed they're a Real supporter. Because they're a dickhead club. The stadium is literally named after one of Franco's favourite fascists.

Real have a massive squad with tons of players in the positions Jack would be thought of for and they'll be going all in for M'Bappé in the summer.

Barca have a tiny squad (+ some out on loan guys) with some aging players in midfield who might be moved on like Vidal & Rakitic but I'm not sure Grealish is a name that wins you elections down there. They'll also be going all in to get a replacement for Suarez as their main focus and may try again for Thiago, Maybe in some swap deal with Coutinho.

As much as both clubs love throwing money at the next big thing rather than look at what they already have these days I don't see them going for Grealish in the summer.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hobbit Feet said:

I think he may have a release clause in their unfortunately. I also am happy he’s being linked with Real and Barca, have thought for quite awhile now he may end up at Barca, he would be a natural successor to Messi, if they get him in the summer he’d have a year or two to learn from Messi before being there talisman. I hope I’m wrong of course, but I don’t think any of us would begrudge him going aboard to a massive club.

Solid chance Messi walks on a free this summer, it’s all kicking off there.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Assuming there's no release clause, I think 80-100 million ish sounds about right for Jack. We won't get more than that, imo

Cant help thinking that our conversation on here yesterday was read by the lazy journos here there and everywhere and it's making the news today, my love of Jack and the club blind my thinking, I hope and pray he stays but has stated by may he may/probably go at some point. However,60 million is laughable and I hope NWSE offer him the world or get the max fee possible.

Edited by Phil Silvers

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Cant help thinking that our conversation on here yesterday was read by the lazy journos here there and everywhere and it's making the news today, my love of Jack and the club blind my thinking, I hope and pray he stays but has stated by may he may/probably go at some point. However,60 million is laughable and I hope NWSE offer him the world or get the max fee possible.

When you benchmark it against recent transfers for players of Jack's ability, around £80m seems fair to me.

I think £100m would be the top end if we really played hardball and the buying club desperately wanted him. If we go down then I don't imagine we'd get anywhere near that though :( 

12 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Solid chance Messi walks on a free this summer, it’s all kicking off there.

Nah, he does this stuff every year so he can get a new contract.

Same story every single season.

Â