The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I wouldn't ever go on holiday to Dubai personally, but these millionaires have to get away from the general public if they want a break. There's no way they can go out anywhere here without getting pestered. They can't (and don't generally) complain, it's the world we live in. If you want to earn the dough of a PL footballer, sorry but you're going to get bothered when you head out.

Maybe it's the high number of exclusive bars/clubs and the relatively low number of people that attracts them to Dubai? So many more attractive destinations out there. 

50 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I wouldn't ever go on holiday to Dubai personally, but these millionaires have to get away from the general public if they want a break. There's no way they can go out anywhere here without getting pestered. They can't (and don't generally) complain, it's the world we live in. If you want to earn the dough of a PL footballer, sorry but you're going to get bothered when you head out.

This is also why so many footballers prefer to live in London. We always say as fans “but as a millionaire you can live in a nice part of Birmingham/Liverpool/Newcastle” or wherever but in London people are more used to seeing celebs so they can go out without getting pestered. I remember Les Ferdinand saying he loved Newcastle but hated he couldn’t just go to a restaurant the way he could in London - and that was before camera phones!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not sure how I feel about everyone being off on the piss in Dubai while we are fighting for survival.

Depends if you have faith in the manager or not. If you do you’ll think he’s decided this is the best thing to help their performance in the next few months. If you don’t you’ll think it’s not a great look. And whichever side of the fence you’re on we will all find something to prove us right in the next two or three games!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Maybe it's the high number of exclusive bars/clubs and the relatively low number of people that attracts them to Dubai? So many more attractive destinations out there. 

I used to live in Dubai. You’d always get footballers knocking about, mostly (weirdly) ex West Ham players + John Terry. I saw Joe Cole, Bobby Zamora, Rio Ferdinand and Jamie Redknapp during my time out there. The retired ones do a lot of football camps for kids and stuff like that.

As you identify it is essentially the hot weather, clubs and hotels. Plus no one really bothers anyone in Dubai because seeing celebs out there is no big deal and everyone is busy having their own fun for the most part. As you can imagine it’s very much a don’t ask, don’t tell, don’t interfere culture. Pissing someone important off will come down on you pretty swiftly. 

6 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I used to live in Dubai. You’d always get footballers knocking about, mostly (weirdly) ex West Ham players + John Terry. I saw Joe Cole, Bobby Zamora, Rio Ferdinand and Jamie Redknapp during my time out there. The retired ones do a lot of football camps for kids and stuff like that.

As you identify it is essentially the hot weather, clubs and hotels. Plus no one really bothers anyone in Dubai because seeing celebs out there is no big deal and everyone is busy having their own fun for the most part. As you can imagine it’s very much a don’t ask, don’t tell, don’t interfere culture. Pissing someone important off will come down on you pretty swiftly. 

This time of year as well there aren’t too many places you can go that are hot good beach weather but within a few hours flight of the UK.

7 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Yes I thought that would be a bit of it as well.

3 hours ago, The Hawk said:

Some baseless reports coming out that Barca and Real Madrid have joined the race for him

If ever he must needs go anywhere, let it be Real Madrid. We'd get the biggest fee possible and I could just about stomach him going to a club that big in a different country so I don't have to watch our best player line up for ******* Manchester City every week yet again. Not resigned to losing him yet, though, absolutely have to stay up and invest!

Now I'd be more accepting of him going to Barcelona or Madrid (Obviously don't want him to go), but couldn't stomach seeing him at another Premier League club.

They can double that "reported" 60 mill and send their best talent in exchange to open talks. 😎

The figures being spoken about are £80-100m. I think it has to be higher. Has to be. Off the top of my head West Ham spent £45m on Haller, Grealish is so far more effective than him it’s incalculable. Maguire at Man Utd was £80m, Grealish as a No10 is a far more valuable and rare player. A couple of factors will have a big effect on potential value....1) Villa must avoid relegation 2) Euro 2020. If Jack has a good tournament his value goes into the stratosphere. 
Similar to John Terry I don’t envisage Jack EVER wanting to play against Villa, so if the worst happens and he has to go then I think/hope it’s abroad. The momentum now is all geared to trying to unsettle Jack in the coming weeks/months to try and effect his performance negatively in the hope it gets Villa relegated. We MUST find a way to survive this season. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

The figures being spoken about are £80-100m. I think it has to be higher. Has to be. Off the top of my head West Ham spent £45m on Haller, Grealish is so far more effective than him it’s incalculable. Maguire at Man Utd was £80m, Grealish as a No10 is a far more valuable and rare player. A couple of factors will have a big effect on potential value....1) Villa must avoid relegation 2) Euro 2020. If Jack has a good tournament his value goes into the stratosphere. 
Similar to John Terry I don’t envisage Jack EVER wanting to play against Villa, so if the worst happens and he has to go then I think/hope it’s abroad. The momentum now is all geared to trying to unsettle Jack in the coming weeks/months to try and effect his performance negatively in the hope it gets Villa relegated. We MUST find a way to survive this season. 

Agree with all of that!

Â