The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

42 minutes ago, PaulC said:

His last excuse was because Grealish is playing out wide, he has strong competition in those positions like Hudson adoi. It’s redicuous, he’s playing in a poor side and he’s still head and shoulders above anybody else in the league 

Hudson adoi is pace and nothing more no football brain , is it to late to choose  ireland? 

I also love that his shorts are always dirty. He just loves playing football and doesn't mind getting mucky.

He's just like a kid over the park. Such a breath of fresh air as so many footballers seem to be 'jobbers' who don't really love the game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I also love that his shorts are always dirty. He just loves playing football and doesn't mind getting mucky.

He's just like a kid over the park. Such a breath of fresh air as so many footballers seem to be 'jobbers' who don't really love the game.

The latest Guardian Football Weekly episode has a bit about Villa (well, mainly Grealish) at the start of it after our Leicester win.

One of the guys makes the point that Grealish appears to be a luxury/flash player but actually wins the ball back a lot too and puts in a good defensive shift. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MaVilla said:

simply the best player i have ever seen in a Villa shirt.

If we had some clinical finisher oh my.......some of the chances he created and we missed....

Videos like this should put to bed the idea that he dives at the slightest contact - you can clearly see him brushing aside challenge after challenge.

Also, as a little mental exercise, try imagining that was Lionel Messi not Jack doing the exact same things and watch the video again...

17 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Hudson adoi is pace and nothing more no football brain , is it to late to choose  ireland? 

I imagine if he isn’t in the England team by the end of, say, next season he will switch to Ireland.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I imagine if he isn’t in the England team by the end of, say, next season he will switch to Ireland.

I’d prefer if he did tbh England have already missed out on Zaha , Daniel James it would be crazy on their part to miss out on Jack

3 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Based on what? Until he plays for England in a competitive game he can do what he likes. That’s the FIFA rules.

A player can only request to change which national team once.

Fifa statement from the switch: "The single judge decided to accept the request of the Football Association and the player Jack Grealish based on article eight paragraph one in conjunction with article five paragraph three of the regulations governing the application of the FIFA statutes."

The specific rule: "If a player has more than one nationality, or if a player acquires a new nationality, or if a player is eligible to play for several representative teams due to nationality, he may, only once, request to change the Association for which he is eligible to play international matches to the Association of another country of which he holds nationality."

By commiting to England he used up his one time switch.

10 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

A player can only request to change which national team once.

Fifa statement from the switch: "The single judge decided to accept the request of the Football Association and the player Jack Grealish based on article eight paragraph one in conjunction with article five paragraph three of the regulations governing the application of the FIFA statutes."

The specific rule: "If a player has more than one nationality, or if a player acquires a new nationality, or if a player is eligible to play for several representative teams due to nationality, he may, only once, request to change the Association for which he is eligible to play international matches to the Association of another country of which he holds nationality."

By commiting to England he used up his one time switch.

Thanks, I didn’t know that. But I still bet they would make an exception to that rule if an application was made. 

Dont think we will find out though, think he will play for England.

37 minutes ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

Think the Club have really let him down by bringing in the dross that they have. We really should have reciprocated his hard work for us by bringing in some proper players to support him. Very, very disrespectful to the lad

We've obviously been completely limited by a] our league position through January and b] our FFP position.

You're right that Grealish won't want to be playing any longer than the end of this season with the poor players we have across the pitch. But it may well be that there was never anything we could have done to have kept him beyond the end of this season anyway.

2 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Thanks, I didn’t know that. But I still bet they would make an exception to that rule if an application was made

Dont think we will find out though, think he will play for England.

I really hope Gareth sticks with his stubborn shit and Grealish does make the application and you're right. But then again I am Irish!

Hopefully as captain he gets into a few of our more gentile players and tells them they need to stop being so passive. If they followed his lead we'd be alright.

He's the only one I can see that fights his corner with refs and opposing players for everything and anything and generally has the bollocks you need to win points in games like today. It's an un underrated quality, and we had spades of it season with Mcginn, Tammy and the old heads in the changing room. It's poor that a side that rely on his quality so much can't at least step up and match his fight.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Hopefully as captain he gets into a few of our more gentile players and tells them they need to stop being so passive. If they followed his lead we'd be alright.

He's the only one I can see that fights his corner with refs and opposing players for everything and anything and generally has the bollocks you need to win points in games like today. It's an un underrated quality, and we had spades of it season with Mcginn, Tammy and the old heads in the changing room. It's poor that a side that rely on his quality so much can't at least step up and match his fight.

I'm pretty sure they're all gentiles!

Spoiler

I agree with your point, though. Even Mings seemed subdued today.

Â