The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

My understanding is a "chance" is a pass that resulted in a shot being taken, I'm assuming they include assists in that too

Take Tuesday night for example, he gets a chance created for the goal, however he doesn't get a chance created for the 2 absolute worldie crosses that he put in, the one to guilbert which Chilwell did well to save and the one for samatta, neither resulted in a shot

I might be wrong there but that's the way I read it

No you're absolutely right. Pretty sure those 2 chances wouldn't have been considered.

It also doesn't take into account the "assist of the assist" of which Jack is the king of. 

Pretty sure Barnes isn’t supposed be spelt Barnez.....

......also, when considering the volume of chances Grealish creates we have to take into account that he’s pretty much our only creative player and pretty much everything we do goes through him. 

Be interesting to see him play for England just to see how he copes with not being the star man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I dont see him leaving if we stay up;

Owners say not for sale; Deano has re-iterated many times we want to build around and keep our best players; he’s under contract and is highest earner which will likely increase again should we cement PL place; He’s captain; He’s hardly going to force a move out of his club. Owners have put foundations and infrastructure in place top to bottom & we’re finally being run properly. Jack can see the progress thats being made.

Sure, many clubs have noticed he is literally the second best playmaker in the division behind KDB. Everyone will want him and will test the water with bids left right and centre. But I fully expect us to reject everything and to invest heavily ourselves again this summer. He’ll go to the Euros, come back focused on what we can do next season.

Throughout the years all our greatest talents have left as soon as someone came sniffing, they were well within their rights to aswell as they had no allegiance to us. But Jack is Villa. Thats the big difference. This club can now match his ambition with willing owners who want to spend and make us compete at the top end. Of course if we are down the bottom and not showing any signs of progression again this time next season then and only then I can accept Jack thinking maybe time is running out and he’ll want to win trophies and play champions league, which is fair enough as his talent simply deserves that. 

If Jack left us this summer, when we finally are able to show our potential and have a good go at re-establishing ourselves, then we really have no chance. The One time we have a homegrown, elite superstar, money and ambition; if Jack doesnt see that and want to stick around and see what we can achieve together then I really would give up hope of us ever being able to get back up there. We could be on the cusp of something amazing, any player whos a fan and captain living his literal dream, should want to achieve it all and be that legend who took his club back amongst the elite. I think Jack does. 

spacer.png

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Pretty sure Barnes isn’t supposed be spelt Barnez.....

......also, when considering the volume of chances Grealish creates we have to take into account that he’s pretty much our only creative player and pretty much everything we do goes through him. 

Be interesting to see him play for England just to see how he copes with not being the star man.

Think he’d be a different level of player because when he got the ball he wouldn’t be triple marked.

And if he was at a Man City or somewhere he’d be magical.

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Southgate will find a reason not to pick him. Something not right there since the u21 days. 

I don't see him really having a choice anymore. The overall public are all in agreement the lad is different class. When Pep and the rest of the PL managers along with pundits are all saying the same thing he would look a complete idiot not including Jack. His excuses of Jack not proving anything are gone. He's been head and shoulders above the likes of Ali, Lingaard, Mount, Barkley etc this season. I would probably go as far as saying he's the standout English midfielder this year in any team on individual performances. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Be far easier to stomach if does leave and go abroad

This... All day long...

I'd loathe to see him in a kit playing for another English club... Go abroad by all means, win trophies, medals, Champions Leagues, whatever...

But if he plays football in England, it should only ever be for us...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I don't see him really having a choice anymore. The overall public are all in agreement the lad is different class. When Pep and the rest of the PL managers along with pundits are all saying the same thing he would look a complete idiot not including Jack. His excuses of Jack not proving anything are gone. He's been head and shoulders above the likes of Ali, Lingaard, Mount, Barkley etc this season. I would probably go as far as saying he's the standout English midfielder this year in any team on individual performances. 

His last excuse was because Grealish is playing out wide, he has strong competition in those positions like Hudson adoi. It’s redicuous, he’s playing in a poor side and he’s still head and shoulders above anybody else in the league 

• Like 1

Â