The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

41 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Marco Reus is the comparison Id go with. Both mavericks. Both technically exquisite and are the heartbeat of their sides. Both glide across the pitch and pop up with goals. Take either out and the team is instantly weaker.

Strangely I've somehow never seen an awful lot of Reus.

Jack now is a CAM, yes he can play more centrally but his attack game and his management of the ball in the final third is as good as anyone’s right now. 

we need a lineup which means he doesn’t need to track back as much defensively and ideally move the ball so that he isn’t running back to collect off Mings etc all the time. 

Bournemouth will be scared of him on the ball in the last third.

not sure why he isn’t taking many free kicks either, surely has that in his locker. 

11 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Remember when tinpot Leeds and West Brom etc fans were moaning he got Championship player of the year?  :crylaugh: 

Pablo Hernandez  :crylaugh: 

I know Jack was part of the Team of the Season (along with Hernandez) but didn't Pukki win Player of the Season?

12 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Remember when tinpot Leeds and West Brom etc fans were moaning he got Championship player of the year?  :crylaugh: 

Pablo Hernandez  :crylaugh: 

Pablo Hernandez had 12 goals and 12 assists, and was generally influential in any fixture he played in. Grealish is no doubt the better talent but Pablo had a great year.

15 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

So rumours saying Barcelona bid £85m for Richarlison, if that’s the case Jack is easily worth over £100m

But Richarlison is capped as a senior Brazilian international, Jack has yet to make his senior internation debut. Factors like that make a difference in relation to transfer prices. And he would probably be valued less going to Barcelona as he's English. It's just my opinion but if a PL team bid for him his price tag would probably be higher than if Barca bid for him.

1 minute ago, sparrow1988 said:

But Richarlison is capped as a senior Brazilian international, Jack has yet to make his senior internation debut. Factors like that make a difference in relation to transfer prices. And he would probably be valued less going to Barcelona as he's English. It's just my opinion but if a PL team bid for him his price tag would probably be higher than if Barca bid for him.

Richarlison needs 10 shots to score 1 goal. That's an exaggeration but for all Everton paid for him he has a huge shots tally to score goals. He's getting better but blanked for 16 game stretch with Watford then similar first season with Everton and still had good tallies but.... goals per £££

15 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

So rumours saying Barcelona bid £85m for Richarlison, if that’s the case Jack is easily worth over £100m

I honestly wouldn't consider any offer for him if we stay up. They could offer £250 million and I'd tell them to **** off, before I sent them a Villa shirt with Grealish's name on the back. 

You can still make bargain signings for little money, but they are few and far between. The type of valuations you see from rubbish players like Wesley and Joelinton have set a standard. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Richarlison needs 10 shots to score 1 goal. That's an exaggeration but for all Everton paid for him he has a huge shots tally to score goals. He's getting better but blanked for 16 game stretch with Watford then similar first season with Everton and still had good tallies but.... goals per £££

I would take Grealish every day over him as he just influences games way more. I would however take Richarlsion over our wide options at the minute. I don't think he's better than Grealish - I just think he would be valued higher. He has 6 goals in 19 apps for Brazil (disclaimer: wikipedia) and of course they could have come in games vs. Bolivia or Venezuela but Jack has a bit to go to reach this and Richarlison is also younger I think. Everton could point to that when asking Barca to stump up the cash where as we could say "Jack should be in the England team but Gareth's a bit of a clown and thinks Ross Barkley is better - I mean nobody can legislate for that shit". 

Anyway I hope he nevers goes anywhere.

17 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

If he was fit we might have got a similar bid for Wesley ;)

• Haha 1

I hope he is never sold, but if he goes I want some stupid amount in return!

It's just a matter of being given a chance to prove himself on the international stage. After that he will only be realistically available to the clubs who dont care about money!

It would be madness to consider a sale before he reaches those heights....or hopefully not even then!

16 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I honestly wouldn't consider any offer for him if we stay up. They could offer £250 million and I'd tell them to **** off, before I sent them a Villa shirt with Grealish's name on the back. 

You can still make bargain signings for little money, but they are few and far between. The type of valuations you see from rubbish players like Wesley and Joelinton have set a standard. 

This post made a lot of sense until the section in bold... 

I'm terrified of him having some silly release clause.

When he signed that new contract the club was in terrible negotiation position and him and his agent would have gotten anything they asked for.

His love of Villa kept him here and he would want the club to get paid, but at that point in time he'd have also wanted an realistic out and the prices for transfers since then has rocketed.

If there is a fixed sum (fingers crossed there isn't) then it will likely be less than half of what he should fetch now.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, sne said:

I'm terrified of him having some silly release clause.

When he signed that new contract the club was in terrible negotiation position and him and his agent would have gotten anything they asked for.

His love of Villa kept him here and he would want the club to get paid, but at that point in time he'd have also wanted an realistic out and the prices for transfers since then has rocketed.

If there is a fixed sum (fingers crossed there isn't) then it will likely be less than half of what he should fetch now.

Supposed to be 45 mill but Grealish clearly wants to lead Villa to PL heights

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Supposed to be 45 mill but Grealish clearly wants to lead Villa to PL heights

Really hope this isnt right, 45 million is ridiculous!

However the worry has to be tempered by Guardiola's comments a few months back when he suggested it would be too expensive to sign him.

Edited by Nigel

Kevin Phillips gave the most common sense opinion recently in an article that with the stability of the new owners he wouldn't put it past Grealish doing another season in the Championship "... he loves the club that much." I don't think we'll have to worry about that. I think we'll be fine and kick on next season

Â