The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

This. Really can’t see Jack joining Utd when they’re at least 2 seasons away from silverware. Surely he only leaves Villa for a club where he will be straight in the mix for trophies? He’s good enough to expect that.

I certainly see your point and have no doubt he’s good enough to expect that.

I wouldn’t be so quick to rule out a move to Utd as much as I hate to say it. They still play in the biggest stadium, have one of (if not the) biggest fan bases in the world and would pay him as much as anybody. I’m sure the appeal of being the one to return them to their former glories is also a nice prospect. People will say that he can do that here, but the reality is that United are 5th and we’re 16th.

I don’t like to pay too much attention to stuff like this but there’s also a few other indicators with the Instagram-post like and the “respectful” celebration when he scored there. 

Just because he could start for Liverpool/Man City doesn’t guarantee that he will go there.

21 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It's funny. Just a couple of months ago I got laughed out of there for suggesting Jack is better than Maddison and the best English midfielder since Scholes. They just thought he was Peter Whittingham or some shit. 

He's going to leave one day. God, it'll be sad.

When he does, people will try and give him the Van Dijk elevation. "Oh wow, he's gone to a new level." Feck right off.

Fair case to say the current Liverpool and City sides are some of the best teams to ever play in the Premier League and he'd start and improve both right now.

He's ridiculous.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Jesus Christ what a ball that was. Seriously what a ridiculous player, if we ever have another player come through the academy with talent like Jack I'll be amazed. 

He can put it on a sixpence every time. He makes football look so easy.

23 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

I don’t like to pay too much attention to stuff like this but there’s also a few other indicators with the Instagram-post like and the “respectful” celebration when he scored there. 

All the other stuff you said made sense, but these two seem pretty far fetched to me. He didn’t do a big celebration because it was early in the game against a mediocre United side, and it wasn’t that kind of atmosphere. Why would he be afraid of celebrating anyway?

The social media stuff is classic footballers liking any praise they get without paying attention.

I do worry about whether we can hang on to him, but I think United fans have got carried away with this idea that it would be his dream move. I just don’t think it happens unless they get a world class manager and several new world class players - which of course is possible, but more likely in 2021 transfer window?

My personal view is we can get one more season out of him if we finish the season strongly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

Maddison disasterclass while Grealish puts in a worldy performance. My **** captain. 

Really? Maddison was class, took two great saves from Nyland to keep him out. Jack is better, but I’d happily have both in the team 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Really? Maddison was class, took two great saves from Nyland to keep him out. Jack is better, but I’d happily have both in the team 

The Leicester forum somebody linked earlier they were slaughtering Maddison which sounds a bit unfair, was similar to the deluded stick Jack got when he wasnt playing great in his early days.

I genuinely dont see the media competition that is being made out about them, if Southgate had tactical skill and some balls they could play together with Sterling

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I genuinely dont see the media competition that is being made out about them, if Southgate had tactical skill and some balls they could play together with Sterling

I don’t know about that, think you could only do that against whipping boys. When you’ve got a front three of the likes of sterling, Sancho and Kane, I think only one of the two behind them would work. Jack for me is better option and Maddison is back up to him (better than mount and Barkley). 

We've got a chance to keep him now. Stay up, win the final and next year we're in Europe.

As Dean says, he's captaining his hometown club and he's close with his family. That counts for a hell of a lot to Jack.

There's no way he leaves for that disaster in Salford unless he gets and takes some terrible advice.

I think he is the best English player I've seen since Gascoigne - no-one can move with the ball like him in England and if he's given the chance he will be the star of Euro 2020.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I don’t know about that, think you could only do that against whipping boys. When you’ve got a front three of the likes of sterling, Sancho and Kane, I think only one of the two behind them would work. Jack for me is better option and Maddison is back up to him (better than mount and Barkley). 

I think against pretty much everyone but France, Germany or Belgium maddison and Grealish is viable. I think England doesn't have a great defence so we should just commit to having the best offence and we would if we had grealish, maddison, sterling, sancho and Kane. 

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I love Jack. He scuffed that pass and it ended up being perfect height to hit it. Even when he doesn’t mean to be he is class. 

edit: just reading some twitter messages. Does anyone seriously think he meant to flick it up like that? 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

I've just had a bloke at work (a Liverpool fan from Birmingham. Make of that what you will) tell me that Milner is a better player than Grealish and controls the game better than he does. I just had to walk away. Needed somewhere to vent. Honestly, there is no side in world football that Grealish wouldn't improve. Never loved a player so much.

Â