The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 hours ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

No it wasn't. Grealish got injured against City in October and the England team wasn't announced until two weeks later. He missed both the Liverpool and Wolves games which were the two games before the break.

Yet the extent of the injury wasn't at all known externally until after the squad had been announced and Southgate had given his poor excuse.

Hence why Grealish himself commented sarcastically on a Villa IG post about him saying midfielder*, after Southgate had described him as purely a winger/IF.

8 hours ago, blandy said:

I think the thing with him picking (or not) Jack likely stems from when JG was with the U-21s and was a bit, er, wayward, with some of his activities.

I've always thought this. His excuse for not picking him didn't seem natural to me, I reckon it's to do with his experiences with him in the U21s.

11 hours ago, birdman said:

I'm hoping we can get a lead against Leicester and defend that so Jack can be subbed on 70 mins. We do need to be careful with him. Good news having new striker as it improves out sub options. 

based on the first leg we still cant do that, clock management comes in to it too and jack winning a soft free kick and taking 3+ minutes of the clock is as important as defending 

14 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I've always thought this. His excuse for not picking him didn't seem natural to me, I reckon it's to do with his experiences with him in the U21s.

Yep I'd also agree with that. During their time together in the U21's Jack was not in good form as a player and no where near where he needed to be attitude wise either. 

21 hours ago, villaglint said:

Yep I'd also agree with that. During their time together in the U21's Jack was not in good form as a player and no where near where he needed to be attitude wise either. 

in 7 games for the U21s he got 2 goals and 4 assists

personally I think its more to do with southgate being a traditionalist, he does not have a clue how to play him, one of his previous bullshit bingo excuses was that jack would have a different role in the England team not always getting the ball, I agree but think that jack is good enough to play a different role and is also good enough that eventually the ball would start to gravitate to him, deep deep down southgate is a kick and rush manager, get it in to the front men quick, easy and often

On 27/01/2020 at 11:18, villa4europe said:

based on the first leg we still cant do that, clock management comes in to it too and jack winning a soft free kick and taking 3+ minutes of the clock is as important as defending 

I'd say there's almost zero chance of Jack not playing every second of tonight's game.

39 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd say there's almost zero chance of Jack not playing every second of tonight's game.

And rightly so... when we debate keeping him/not losing him, getting to cup finals and semis etc is going to be part of this thinking. Don’t get me wrong winning the League Cup probably won’t be the difference between opting for a move to Man City or not, but the more we can show we can compete for honours and give him a platform the better - and nothing better than winning tonight’s game for us and leading the team out at Wembley.

• Like 2

People saying rest Jack, did anyone ever think maybe he dont want to rest, that sometimes one of the worst things you can do is take yourself out of your pace. For all we know wed give him a rest and Jack would come back and because he's been taken out of his zone because he was made to rest he either picks up an injury or isn't as effective.

He's best left to just carry on the way he's going, he's riding the lightning at the moment and living football to the max.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

On 27/01/2020 at 11:18, villa4europe said:

Yep no doubt he's best in the business of keeping hold of the ball and dictating pace of the game when we need to the most. As others say likilihood is that he'll play every minute tonight but I just hope the ref gives some protection! 🤦‍♂️ If by some minor miracle we have the luxury to take him off I hope we do so. As much as I want the team to smash Leicester and get to the final I want 40+ league points even more! 

• Like 1

Target just messed with Jacks hair in the tunnel and Jack looked round and nearly swore lol, the F bomb nearly came out haha, sure it were target that messed his hair up.

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Target just messed with Jacks hair in the tunnel and Jack looked round and nearly swore lol, the F bomb nearly came out haha, sure it were target that messed his hair up.

Was it Fred? I still can't 100% tell.

What a game yet again from Jack!!!

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Was it Fred? I still can't 100% tell.

What a game yet again from Jack!!!

Looks like Vassilev or Lansbury, it's not target, was funny though.

Edited by Dave-R

He just absolutely bossed the third best team in England in that second half. They couldn't get near him.

And that chipped pass off his own heel for the assist was just outrageous. I can't believe we've produced such a player, and he's our captain.

• Like 4

Â