The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Smith (pundit on BBC for the Leicester game) saying that Grealish's attitude is superb and that he's pushing the coaches now. Says if he feels a training session isn't good enough he's questioning it.

Refreshing but also strange that Smith was almost admitting some sessions aren't good enough :D

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Smith (pundit on BBC for the Leicester game) saying that Grealish's attitude is superb and that he's pushing the coaches now. Says if he feels a training session isn't good enough he's questioning it.

Refreshing but also strange that Smith was almost admitting some sessions aren't good enough :D

Yes I thought that too , Lineker also judging by his reaction

11 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Southgate’s defining personal characteristic is arrogance. He doesn’t like to be seen to change his mind. Because he didn’t go all in on Jack early it’s hard for him to do so now. Simple as that I think.

That Gregg Evans story is basically saying he's in the next squad if he stays fit.

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

That Gregg Evans story is basically saying he's in the next squad if he stays fit.

I hope that’s correct but I don’t think Gregg Evans has any more clue about anything than any other random person.

On 24/01/2020 at 21:31, dont_do_it_doug. said:

If he stayed one more season after this and propelled us up the table, he would leave a legend. He's the type to come back later in his career too. 

There's not much left that needs to be said other than I am really happy for Jack Grealish too.. Jack may have had one too many a few times as a kid, but he has had the maturity to develop into a driven professional... who also enjoys his summer blow outs! Judging from the things he does for the football community he's also a good human. Oh, and he's fit and a proper likeable person. 

Jack Grealish is a superstar primed to burst out. Keep us up, smash the Euro's and drive us into the top half next season and he can choose any club in the world. He will always be one of our own. 

At which point, he'll obviously choose ... the Villa!

20 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Southgate’s defining personal characteristic is arrogance. He doesn’t like to be seen to change his mind. Because he didn’t go all in on Jack early it’s hard for him to do so now. Simple as that I think.

Don't know about Southgate, but that type of behaviour is true for many managers, football and others. So what they'll do is they spin it around in a way that it looks like it was their idea all along. No probs I don't think.

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

The idea that Southgate has been having a good chat with Gregg Evans about his next squad has really given me a good chuckle this morning. 

Why, in particular? Do you think it's covered by the Official Secrets Act or something?

Southgate being linked with Man Ure job today.  Hopefully that would be the final nail in the coffin for them whilst allowing a proper manager play Jack for England. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I'm not sure what you mean by going all in early. Some people were saying on here two years ago that he should be playing for England, but he simply wasn't good enough at that point.

He has improved a lot this season, and Southgate had previously mentioned that he needed to be playing at the top level to really be able to judge his ability, which is fair enough. 

Jack has proved himself and I really don't think Southgate is going to omit him if fit.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Southgate being linked with Man Ure job today.  Hopefully that would be the final nail in the coffin for them whilst allowing a proper manager play Jack for England. 

Mmmm... Southgate or Solskjær, Southgate or Solskjær?

Its like being asked if you want kicking in the left bollock or the right bollock! 

• Haha 3

It’s worrying that it’s taking Jack to know what a poor session looks like. He has been trained by Sherwood, Garde, Lambert, Di Matteo and Bruce....how is he calling out bad sessions?

If Dean and teams are subpar as they’ve only been Championship or below, what in the **** is John Terry doing?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poitier said:

I'm not sure what you mean by going all in early. Some people were saying on here two years ago that he should be playing for England, but he simply wasn't good enough at that point.

He has improved a lot this season, and Southgate had previously mentioned that he needed to be playing at the top level to really be able to judge his ability, which is fair enough. 

Jack has proved himself and I really don't think Southgate is going to omit him if fit.

Your last sentence is what I mean - I do think he will omit him. Or pick him for the squad but not have him near the team. Guess we will see!

50 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

It’s worrying that it’s taking Jack to know what a poor session looks like. He has been trained by Sherwood, Garde, Lambert, Di Matteo and Bruce....how is he calling out bad sessions?

If Dean and teams are subpar as they’ve only been Championship or below, what in the **** is John Terry doing?

People are overthinking this. You want feedback from senior players. I doubt he’s saying “this session was crap, let’s start again” or Smith wouldn’t be openly chatting about it as a good thing. 

52 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

More to the point, how would he know a good one being trained by that lot?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I think this is going to prove to be another quote which Villa fans are going to decide to blow way out of context ffs.

All players are not going to like all training sessions .

It could even be something as simple as "I feel we should work on X, Y, Z gaffer" etc.

There is no conspiracy theory, and nothing wrong with players and coaching staff interacting in training, it's not a dictatorship, they should all have a relationship.

• Like 2

I agree, didn’t say he shouldn’t be expressing his opinions, it’s more just a concern that Jack is the one calling it out when he’s only ever been trained by utter tripe.

you would kind of hope Deano would’ve brought in improved training as we finally work towards a style - and if not Terry would know what a world class training program would look like. And to Jack of all people that would be a revelation considering what he’s had to put up with.

But I’m all for senior players having an input and there being a dialogue, maybe it sounded worse than it was but whilst it’s nice as a fan to hear Jacks involvement it did cause a little bit of concern for me 🤷🏻‍♂️

31 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think this is going to prove to be another quote which Villa fans are going to decide to blow way out of context ffs.

All players are not going to like all training sessions .

It could even be something as simple as "I feel we should work on X, Y, Z gaffer" etc.

There is no conspiracy theory, and nothing wrong with players and coaching staff interacting in training, it's not a dictatorship, they should all have a relationship.

Only football fans could make something out of that comment.  Managers, players, coaches really do have to watch everything they say. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 4

I’ll honestly eat my hat if Jack isn’t in the next England squad. I think the only reason he missed the last squad was that he was under an injury cloud. Only a complete and utter fool would overlook him at this point and even if Southgate is an arrogant and stubborn pr*ck I don’t think he’s stupid.

• Like 2

Â