The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

15 hours ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

I think he will go even  if we stay up . Yes he is remarkably loyal,  local  lad but were so far away as a club  from where he really  needs to be. He needs achieve what he is really capable of playing in the  Champions league  chasing titles and cups. lets not forget he was almost on his way to Spurs , and was initially disappointed. I sort of think a multi million pound contract at a club chasing top honours playing with better standard  football players might turn his head!!  

We all love Jack,  he is one in a million when,  if  he goes we should all support him and what he has done for the club whatever the outcome of this season . 

He seemed to be “reluctantly on his way” if his reaction often the Hull match was anything to go on.

I agree I think he will get support from most fans if at the end of the season we are not able to support his ambitions by being competitive in the Premier.

If you pretend Jack isn't a Villa fan (as him being a Villa fan combined with him as a player I honestly wouldn't swap him for another player in the world), and on performances/ability/potential alone, who would you swap him for?

Mbappe maybe. But in terms of ability and pure entertainment there's not (if any) many I'd rather watch.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

If you pretend Jack isn't a Villa fan (as him being a Villa fan combined with him as a player I honestly wouldn't swap him for another player in the world), and on performances/ability/potential alone, who would you swap him for?

Mbappe maybe. But in terms of ability and pure entertainment there's not (if any) many I'd rather watch.

What he does for the team...there's very few in the world who could do it better. You're talking literally the best players going IMO. Messi, Sterling, De Bruyne, Mane, that sort of silly level.

Take these brilliant players, just in the PL. Maddison, Son, Zaha, Salah, Bernardo Silva, Mahrez, Wijnaldum, Pogba. On current form, would any of them do better for us than Jack right now? Contribute everything he does offensively and continue to run themselves into the ground defending when surrounded by a team nowhere near as good? How do I know they wouldn't crumble under pressure when our team has one of their funny spells when they all forget how to play football?

I wouldn't swap him for anyone honestly, I enjoy watching him too much. Plus, if you could magically switch Grealish for one of the those top players, it would take time for them to adjust to their new teammates much worse than wherever they've come from.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I think you are overrating him an awful lot here 

8 minutes ago, Rodders said:

who's the old fella in the above pic?

The actor David Bradley. Best known for being Walder Frey in GOT or the caretaker in Hogwarts.

• Thanks 1

We stay up, some players will obviously leave to fund for better players. We will swap a few out each window easily so long as we can keep improving, I see no reason why Jack would leave us if that happens. We do not know Jack and what he feels, but Villa is his heart and he will do whatever he can to aid in the club becoming great again. Jack may even be prepared to sacrifice Champions league football for the time being and some seasons to come for all we know.

It's just one of those things where we as Fans can assume this or that about a player, but you never truly know what will be the push that takes him away from the club, if there's even a push at all. They say everyone has there price, I say that's not true and some people are just happy with what's going on. Others are happy because they feel to much change could be the very thing that destroys what they are trying to do, so staying put while things are good, is just right for them.

Jack may of looked stressed at quality of the passing in alot of games recently, yet last game he looked fine apart from the 30 or more fouls he endured. I'd say if he is stressed that's a major contributor being kicked all over and took down every time he's on the ball.

We will just have to see, I think for the time being and next couple of seasons, the only things that will prize him from Villa will be relegation or if we stay up a massive oversized purchase by one of the top four clubs.

• Like 2

He is a good example of why we should have patience with our younger players and support them when they make mistakes, both on and off the pitch. Just consider how many there have been who have written him off over the years.

I think he is the best player I have seen play for us and I wouldn't swap him for anyone. I love watching him play, his balance, timing, ball control, he has that ability that the only other sportsman I can think of, Wayne Gretzky, had - the ability to drag players close to him, just to make a last second move that leaves the opponent stranded and humiliated. It's like he knows that he is on a level above everyone else and just plays with them. No wonder he is the by far most fouled player in the league.

Agree with the posts above, hope we stay up and he gives us one more year! 

11 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

No wonder he is the by far most fouled player in the league.

Agree with the posts above, hope we stay up and he gives us one more year! 

Thanks Keener first of all 😊

If Edan Hazard has won 1030 fouls in five leagues over a decade, then surely Jack Grealish is not only on course to topple that, but clearly obliterate it, the way its going. Jack grealish was in tripple figures on fouls last season in the championship was he not, sure he had 158 fouls to his name. This season right now he's just gone into tripple figures on 102 which could possible be slightly more than last season. It all means really that more and more are threatened by Jack and increasingly targeting him. So in two seasons now and this season is not over yet, jack has earned a quarter of the fouls Edan earned, which means he is on target to beat Edans record, but what we havnt taken into account if Jack gets any England games or has down time through injury. Jack could end up on a decades worth of seasons hitting the 1300 mark and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest  The more fame he's getting the more he will be targeted, which is why I'm absoloutly baffled by Gareth Southgate not utilising a player in the England team in such a way it causes opposition game disruptions to there movement and game plans. GS must be absoloute clueless not to relise how much of a weapon he has under him, just bonkers not play the most fouled player last season or this season into the National squad.

• Like 2

Â