The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

That's because you have no faith my friend. He is by far the best home grown we have ever produced. Family are Villa mad, he's captain, will possibly make the England squad for the Euros...And will more than likely get a much improved contract if we stay up. He's the most important asset we have. IMO he wont want to wear another teams colours against us anytime soon. I'm sure...I have faith that he loves the club enough to not give a shit about an extra 20-30k a week and CL football until we are stable at least. If we go down though he will go without a doubt.

I think he will go even  if we stay up . Yes he is remarkably loyal,  local  lad but were so far away as a club  from where he really  needs to be. He needs achieve what he is really capable of playing in the  Champions league  chasing titles and cups. lets not forget he was almost on his way to Spurs , and was initially disappointed. I sort of think a multi million pound contract at a club chasing top honours playing with better standard  football players might turn his head!!  

We all love Jack,  he is one in a million when,  if  he goes we should all support him and what he has done for the club whatever the outcome of this season . 

3 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

I think he will go even  if we stay up . Yes he is remarkably loyal,  local  lad but were so far away as a club  from where he really  needs to be. He needs achieve what he is really capable of playing in the  Champions league  chasing titles and cups. lets not forget he was almost on his way to Spurs , and was initially disappointed. I sort of think a multi million pound contract at a club chasing top honours playing with better standard  football players might turn his head!!  

We all love Jack,  he is one in a million when,  if  he goes we should all support him and what he has done for the club whatever the outcome of this season . 

I don't know tbh. I would like to think that he still sees the bigger picture for his club, and that he could be not only the catalyst for a new era, but be the leader to take us there. Maybe it's fanciful but if he breaks into the Euro set up he may feel CL can wait for a season or two longer.  

I think the whole leaving for Spurs and being disappointed would've had as much to do with spending another season out of the PL as anything else. Would in hindsight he think that he would've had a better season at Spurs instead of guiding us to promotion?? I'm not so sure now we are here.  If we can stay here he is still young enough to think..."I'm only going to get better". IMO he will...massively. The possible transfers available in the summer would multiply in a season or two of international football. With a choice of European giants to possibly contemplate. He would still have his best years ahead of him.

Who knows...he probably doesn't himself. I definitely wouldn't begrudge him a move to a top club. Just not in England lol.. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I don't know tbh. I would like to think that he still sees the bigger picture for his club, and that he could be not only the catalyst for a new era, but be the leader to take us there. Maybe it's fanciful but if he breaks into the Euro set up he may feel CL can wait for a season or two longer.  

I think the whole leaving for Spurs and being disappointed would've had as much to do with spending another season out of the PL as anything else. Would in hindsight he think that he would've had a better season at Spurs instead of guiding us to promotion?? I'm not so sure now we are here.  If we can stay here he is still young enough to think..."I'm only going to get better". IMO he will...massively. The possible transfers available in the summer would multiply in a season or two of international football. With a choice of European giants to possibly contemplate. He would still have his best years ahead of him.

Who knows...he probably doesn't himself. I definitely wouldn't begrudge him a move to a top club. Just not in England lol.. 

I really hope your right, he is different class and will i agree only get better . 

• Like 1

It's only really just dawned on me that it would make me so sad to see Grealish at that sack of shit club United with the clown that is Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as his manager, makes me sick thinking about it.

If things don't go to plan this season and in the summer I just really hope he doesn't end up there. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Farlz said:

It's only really just dawned on me that it would make me so sad to see Grealish at that sack of shit club United with the clown that is Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as his manager, makes me sick thinking about it.

If things don't go to plan this season and in the summer I just really hope he doesn't end up there. 

Most links of players to Man U are biased fawning. They are a club in decline, 200 million pounds in debt and club worth is surely on decline as based on previous success 

5 hours ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

I agree with you and think he will go BUT there is always that hope that he is a Le Tissier or one of those other guys who could always have got a bigger move but were happy playing for their team... sadly in the modern game I think we will lose him sooner or later. But agreed we shouldn’t then begrudge that!

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

Don’t think you need to worry about Ole being in charge either way...

13 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Has to be a running gag at this point.

:bang:  aaaaaggghhh. Southgate should be thanking McGrath on a daily basis that he is England manager at a time where a truly unique generational talent is entering his prime after sticking his neck out to declare for England. I dont get this begrudging agreement to consider Jack for England.

by gawd I would love Jack to tell him to shove his England cap up him pooper once he gets the call. Although I know this makes no logical sense whatsoever

I think if we stay up and our leadership show the right actions and give him the right messages we would see at least one more season out of him. 

Otherwise,  i could see him moving to Spain for his next step. Can't see him moving to anyone in England other than a team challenging for the league, and even then that would need something significant to trigger him wanting to actually leave and having no other option. 

Can imagine him going to the Euros and getting so much "persuasion" from the lads that play at Liverpool and Man City that it might make him give it an extra thought that he otherwise wouldn't have. 

Edited by MrBlack

14 hours ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

tin hat on...

part of me wants him to get called up for England smash the euros and get a call up to a big big European powerhouse club, Bayern or Atletico someone like that, put himself on the world scene and continue to smash it, he will always support and represent aston villa and as much as I love watching him for us and as much as we need him I would give it proper billy big bollocks if and when grealish did well for a team like that, as good as le tissier was for Southampton and he has that highlight reel out there somewhere is he relevant any more? if he wasn't on TV would anyone who didn't watch him play really care who he was? I don't want that for grealish, I don't mind if he serves his time here and then goes and does something special somewhere else, I feel like he will always be one of us and I wouldn't begrudge him success

just not at another English club! **** that, him joining a shit man utd would throw all of that in the bin, id rather he stayed here for his whole career if that's the case

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

tin hat on...

part of me wants him to get called up for England smash the euros and get a call up to a big big European powerhouse club, Bayern or Atletico someone like that, put himself on the world scene and continue to smash it, he will always support and represent aston villa and as much as I love watching him for us and as much as we need him I would give it proper billy big bollocks if and when grealish did well for a team like that, as good as le tissier was for Southampton and he has that highlight reel out there somewhere is he relevant any more? if he wasn't on TV would anyone who didn't watch him play really care who he was? I don't want that for grealish, I don't mind if he serves his time here and then goes and does something special somewhere else, I feel like he will always be one of us and I wouldn't begrudge him success

just not at another English club! **** that, him joining a shit man utd would throw all of that in the bin, id rather he stayed here for his whole career if that's the case

I totally agree, as much as I want him here forever he's one of us and as it is with your own kids you want them to do well. 

I'm sure we would all be proud if he smashed it at a higher level, would love to see how far he can go. 

Obviously preferably winning the champions league with Villa!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Jack should only be allowed to go for a team capable of winning the league and the champions league. Domestically only Liverpool and Man City are in that bracket. Man who!

I think Jack can give us another season if we stay up. He is still not at his prime and has his best years ahead, as a Villa fan why not give Villa one more year! Also we have billionaire owners what's to say if we stay up, we can't push on and challenge that group behind the top two in a season or two!

As for England, I truly believe he is the missing link for England. Put him in front of Henderson and Rice, with Rashford and Sterling wide and Kane upfront is like putting reliable GPS navigation in a cruise missile. Pinpoint targeted attacks right at your enemies weak points.

Â