The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I think it was about the 70th minute when he just thought I am not passing to any of you lot anymore, and just ran at people. Sometimes it worked. Sometimes it didn't.

Should do it more often because honestly, nobody can pick a forward pass and nobody else can go past anyway. Surrounded by honest grafters, but some tragically limited footballers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Just a quick note that I rewatched the game last night (god bless NBC Gold) like most games when the final whistle went he just collapsed to the ground having run himself beyond empty, again. He leaves everything on the pitch for us.

Its easy to praise his talent and we should, but it often overshadows his commitment and work rate which is McGinn like. Which is the highest compliment I can give.

I love this lad.

Would this be available anywhere else?

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

NBC gold for the Premier League is just an American thing. It would work with a VPN. This is the first year I paid for it since Villa is back in the Prem. $65 for every premier league game. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Sorry I dont think so. USA coverage of the Premier League is better than the UK which is pretty disgraceful. tbh.

But yeah we get full match replays of every single game for every club for the whole season. Available with no time limit after. Also you can turn off the scores from other games so you dont get spoiled. Amazing service. ~$65 for an entire season. $40 if you buy it now.

https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/premier-league

edit: I guess VPN per above? Its worth it, very very worth it.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

14 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

NBC gold for the Premier League is just an American thing. It would work with a VPN. This is the first year I paid for it since Villa is back in the Prem. $65 for every premier league game. 

That's amazing. Can you watch live online as well?

31 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

We have something similar in Canada with DAZN. Every PL game live and on demand along with all the televised cup games. $150 a year. Unfortunately they're very prickly about VPNs and seem to ban the majority of them.

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

So if we stay up, people still think Jack will leave? What if the owners promise a higher level of incoming signings to strengthen the team?

Honestly, I can see him signing a new contract if we stay up. 

I think we'll offer him top top money and a new 4 year deal and he'll sign it, but that will be the last contract he signs for us.

Really don't want him to go to Utd at their lowest point in about 35 years.

9 minutes ago, maqroll said:

So if we stay up, people still think Jack will leave? What if the owners promise a higher level of incoming signings to strengthen the team?

If we have a strong finish to the season and finish top half, with the promise of elite talent coming to VP I think he might just stick around and see if we can make a European push. I think he's the type who'd want to take Villa all the way to the top. It must have been his dream from the first time he laced his boots seriously. 

If we stay he stays. Anyone thinking Jack is signing for another PL team yet whilst we are in it is Moffit. He is not going to play against his own club if we stay up. How ridiculous that would be imo. He's not Delph, Milner or Barry and I just cannot see him lining up against us. This is his home and if we renovate and modernise the gaff to his liking and maintain the mortgage in this area rather than move back to dumpsville(Championship), he stays. At least for the next year or 2. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

If we stay he stays. Anyone thinking Jack is signing for another PL team yet whilst we are in it is Moffit. He is not going to play against his own club if we stay up. How ridiculous that would be imo. He's not Delph, Milner or Barry and I just cannot see him lining up against us. This is his home and if we renovate and modernise the gaff to his liking and maintain the mortgage in this area rather than move back to dumpsville(Championship), he stays. At least for the next year or 2. 

I wouldn't be too sure about that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Anyone thinking Jack is signing for another PL team yet whilst we are in it is Moffit. He is not going to play against his own club if we stay up. How ridiculous that would be imo.

I don't think it's ridiculous at all, I think it's certainly feasible if not probable.

Ideally for us, we stay up and sign some serious players in the summer who are approaching Jack's level.

However next season for us, 8th would be an incredible season. Jack isn't the level of player where finishing 8th should be a goal, but that's where we are as a club. The boy should be chasing titles and major honours already with the level he is, Christ knows what he'd look like in a better side. I think that's a lot of the England excitement for most.

49 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Yep, rewind/pause and all that.  I know in the UK it's not nearly as easy to watch your local squad.  We get the same pain over here for other sports. For example I pay $250 for all of the NBA games but can't watch my local team unless I'm about 100 miles from my Washington DC.  It's dumb all the way around. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Tom13 said:

I wouldn't be too sure about that.

That's because you have no faith my friend. He is by far the best home grown we have ever produced. Family are Villa mad, he's captain, will possibly make the England squad for the Euros...And will more than likely get a much improved contract if we stay up. He's the most important asset we have. IMO he wont want to wear another teams colours against us anytime soon. I'm sure...I have faith that he loves the club enough to not give a shit about an extra 20-30k a week and CL football until we are stable at least. If we go down though he will go without a doubt.

Â