The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

On MOTD2 last night, the only player they analysed during the catch up highlights was Jack, and both Jermaine Jenas and Danny Murphy agreed that not only should he be going to the Euro's, but that he should be starting in England's strongest XI as part of a midfield three.

I only really watch MOTD if we win/draw (I know, I know...) but, Grealish is the only player they ever talk about after those games now.  Happened against Newcastle, Man Utd, Norwich, Burnley and now Brighton.  A lot of fans seem to bemoan the media regarding Villa, but I reckon Grealish has been the most discussed player on MOTD for the past couple of months.  There's been a real push to get him into the national side.

Of course, it's all deserved so.... 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I only really watch MOTD if we win/draw (I know, I know...) but, Grealish is the only player they ever talk about after those games now.  Happened against Newcastle, Man Utd, Norwich, Burnley and now Brighton.  A lot of fans seem to bemoan the media regarding Villa, but I reckon Grealish has been the most discussed player on MOTD for the past couple of months.  There's been a real push to get him into the national side.

Of course, it's all deserved so.... 

Absolutely, which is why I'm so confident that he will be in the next international squad, and will play. The pressure is coming from the majority of English football at this point. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Or Tottenham,  or Man U or Arsenal

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Its always difficult and old fogies like me ,like to cling to memories that are sometimes a bit misty.

Gordon was a great player for us in many ways, but to be fair ,he had better players around him to shine......For me, right now, Jack is the best I have seen and I think he is still improving.....based on single handedly carrying the team like he does.

He is the most Influential player, I can remember.

Right now, Just about every pundit in the country, is speaking favourably about Jack and his omission so far from the England team is derisory.

I can think of so many players like Cowans,Cropley,Shaw,Withe, Macca, Gray,Little, Barry.....but they all had good players to play with, I don't think any of them could carry a team on his own like Jack is doing.

In that context....He is the Best, for me.

I agree with every word.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Yeah, all the media want him out of Villa. No problem, hand over your 80 million+ quid and his yours end of season😁

They really don't.  They don't care - it's a strange paranoia "we" have.

There will naturally be discussions of "would Grealish fit in a Spurs side?" etc. given that he is obviously a far better player than one which befits a team sitting in 18th in the Premier League.

If he plays for England at the standard he has been for us then the hype will go into overdrive. I'm convinced if he links up with better players he will flourish into Englands biggest hope of winning a trophy. If we go down we should not sell him until after Euro 2020

• Like 1

On 14/01/2020 at 16:41, Delphinho123 said:

He probably feels the same as we do. Frustrated beyond belief. 

In fact, he probably posts on here. I think he's Screwdriver. 

I think he is you. With all the inside transfer information you had last window. 

Where would you play him? 

Would you go with: 

Kane/Abraham

Grealish Maddison sterling

Hendo  rice

Or

Would he take Maddisons place?

Is Ali a non starter now? Just found out he's younger than grealish wow.

Edited by Bugzy1991

8 hours ago, terrytini said:

Likewise. What a goal.

But most of all, the first touch. Sublime.

I Agree.

The technique was phenomenal, it was right up there, so difficult to execute..its the sort of thing George Best would do.

not comparing players, just the goal.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

..............................Pickford............................

Trent..........Gomez.........Maguire........Chilwell

..........Rice...........Grealish..........Hendo..............

......Sterling...........Tammy.........Rashford........

Thats where Jack would sit in my England team, at the heart of it. I’ve won Euro 2020 with that line up!

----------------------Pickford-----------------
Trent ------- xxxxx -------- xxxxx ------Chidwell
------Maddision---Hendo --- Grealish--------
-----Sancho----------Tammy-------Sterling-----

*replace one of centre midfield with rice if against strong team*

at moment centre-half in England is hard to pick which one as we need to find two good pair and understand each other in mutual and natural.

Once Kane back from injury and take Tammy place

Edited by Danny_Villaman84
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

----------------------Pickford-----------------
Trent ------- xxxxx -------- xxxxx ------Chidwell
------Maddision---Hendo --- Grealish--------
-----Sancho----------Tammy-------Sterling-----

*replace one of centre midfield with rice if against strong team*

at moment centre-half in England is hard to pick which one as we need to find two good pair and understand each other in mutual and natural.

Maguire + ?? at CB, I’d like to say Mings automatically but he’s nearly always got 1 or 2 mistakes per game in him recently. 

Agree with the rest but just to say Grealish does much more defensively  than Maddison when he plays in a deeper role. I think Maddison is the luxury player to give way if England need more solidity. 

That aside, I haven’t seen an England team looking that strong since ‘96. It may be better but we won’t know until Jack gets his chance. 

As for the media, Andy Gray was on TV last weekend virtually begging Liverpool or Man City to come in for him this summer. 

Edit: No I don’t. Rashford for Sancho! 

Edited by Awol

26 minutes ago, Awol said:

Maguire + ?? at CB, I’d like to say Mings automatically but he’s nearly always got 1 or 2 mistakes per game in him recently. 

Agree with the rest but just to say Grealish does much more defensively  than Maddison when he plays in a deeper role. I think Maddison is the luxury player to give way if England need more solidity. 

That aside, I haven’t seen an England team looking that strong since ‘96. It may be better but we won’t know until Jack gets his chance. 

As for the media, Andy Gray was on TV last weekend virtually begging Liverpool or Man City to come in for him this summer. 

Edit: No I don’t. Rashford for Sancho! 

I don't like rashford as he is overrated in my opinion. That why I put Sancho ahead him other reason his pace and dribble, long shot better than rashford. If Bowen join premiership he could offer left foot solve problems as England don't got enough left foot inside forward in squad.

rashford can bring goal and positional sense in box can see why people like him over Sancho as his attitude better than Sancho.

I think maddison can take a turn to drop to cover when grealish drive ball to forward and to threat long shot if he draft to free area to recieving to shot or killer pass to other player even or once grealish bring down foul and maddison take direct free kick.

both will more threat that why I like both same pitch together and it is will more goal threat.

Question is both on pitch will experience same problem as Gerrard and lampard less effective as both same roles to forward with not cover each other meant less defence and holes to counter attack (Gerrard was can drop deep as he used but he won't) 

If it does so it is healthy to have good cover each other yet mount is other players is fight place.

Centre half I was think same Maguire and mings is right balance too also be fair there other player is really good & close each other yet hard pick really as no one good partner as Sol and Rio that last time England good centre half partner.

Maguire or Gomez, and other else not got leadership and command as mings that why Mings should starter even his record mistake as he will bring Maguire or else better player that why Maguire struggle as he used Evans or Morgan command next to him and make him look much better than he play in man utd that what Maguire problem is.

I think grealish likely to not pick this euro until other 2 years and play for top 4, he will automatically call up if we in Europa League or champion league. 

Hope we win cup final if we go through to final. So he will stay with us.

Â