The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

If Madison is valued at 80m, Jack is worth 100m. The price Vs performance at that top level is huge.  You can get a M3 that nearly as quick as a Ferrari but at 1/3rd of the price. Same goes for Jack, he is a Ferrari. I bloody do hope he stays. Absolute joy to watch. He is worth a 100m to us.

I have to say it’s very weird looking at the first page of this thread and seeing Joe Lolley commenting that he hopes Jack will make it. I have to admit even though I could see he had talent, I never thought he’d be this good.

• Like 1

Just watched that goal again.....WOW!  The crazy thing is every goal is better than the next.  The more difficult the situation he just rises to meet it. He's stay healthy, we stay up. Their I said it. 

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Or does it show what an exceptional talent he is?

Plus he is doing it whilst playing with Marvellous Nakamba, Neil Taylor and no strikers, rather than with Didier Drogba, Arjen Robben, Torres, Etoo, Cole etc

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Yes.  However, that's not the point really is it?  Grealish is superb, he's untested at international level and he's not played on the Champions League but I'm pretty sure he's got the ability to do well in both.  We are probably going to lose him this summer but the fee will be enormous if he keeps us up. 

I agree. Especially because in both the CL & internationals he'll have much more time on the ball than in the PL. He loves to slow the game down and then just waltz past people and it will be easier when the game is played at a slower speed.

The most amazing thing Jack has done though? Unite VT on something - I never thought I'd see the day but finally we all agree!! - He's the dogs bollocks.

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He should have scored 2 today. His play to break from half way line was fantastic but once he was through he has to put that away.  Worst thing about it was they bloody broke and scored! 

Yep, poor effort for him.

When he watches it back he'll be fuming. He'd got away from their guy, think he thought he was getting caught.

I love Jack but I do think he stands out because we are so shit. Pretty much anything good happens from him so anything bad he does like give ball away or miss a good chance gets forgotten. 

When he leaves us for a bigger club he won’t stand out as much as he will have stars around him.  He will another class player amongst many. 

Hopefully he never leave but we all know it’s inevitable. He is just too good. 

if he does leave I hope it’s city or abroad. Can’t handle him at Man U or Liverpool. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

13 hours ago, tinker said:

He was a Holte end hero but forced a move to Man u . He was a good.player but he was at the villa for nearly 10 years, came good in the last 2 and then forced a move.

Grealish has dragged this team up for two seasons . He's influential all over the pitch and he's still young, Grealish is re writing the record books and we should all sit back and enjoy it. Dwight Yorke........na not for me., Grealish kicks his arse into touch 

Wow, feels like you are in moment with Jack, which is perfectly fine and he’s a tremendous talent.

Shame you dismiss previous players so easily as even your argument about last two seasons is not correct.  His final three seasons he scored 61 goals, he had an almost 1 in 3 goal ratio across his career for us and that’s with playing a lot on the right of midfield at points for us early on.  Such an influential player for us at the top end and had the talent to go on beyond us and win the treble with United including the champions league.  I hated him for leaving us but you can’t deny his talent.  

I love Jack but he’s only just begun on that journey and I’m looking for to seeing him continue his growth but Yorkie did it, Jack has just started.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Wow, feels like you are in moment with Jack, which is perfectly fine and he’s a tremendous talent.

Shame you dismiss previous players so easily as even your argument about last two seasons is not correct.  His final three seasons he scored 61 goals, he had an almost 1 in 3 goal ratio across his career for us and that’s with playing a lot on the right of midfield at points for us early on.  Such an influential player for us at the top end and had the talent to go on beyond us and win the treble with United including the champions league.  I hated him for leaving us but you can’t deny his talent.  

I love Jack but he’s only just begun on that journey and I’m looking for to seeing him continue his growth but Yorkie did it, Jack has just started.

As a young lad watching Dwight must have been impressive and I'm sure you have fond memories of your hero  

But If you want to quote stats then look at Bentekes for us, better than Dwight's, and Benteke was in a relegation team. I watched Dwight live from his first game on and he had a swagger, but Grealish isnt a striker it's not easy for him to make the impact a striker can. He's a world class player who could play in any team and make a big difference. 

Time will tell who's right. 

Jack is an exceptional talent. It took him a few games to adjust back to the pace of the league but since then he's simply bossed it. Turning from provider to top scorer and provider who gets all over the pitch. His fitness levels are beyond belief. Every top club in every top league must be well aware of him. 

For me, he's not suited to how Liverpool play as they play a lot of long balls from the back and bypass the midfielders. He's way too good for Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs - he is next level! 

The only places I can see him is Barcelona, Real Madrid or, dare I say it, Man City.

I think that Guardiola must be a huge fan. I bet he cannot believe his eyes when he sees an English midfielder scoring goals like that and playing passes through defences. A player that creates all kinds of opportunities and makes things happen in every game he plays. A player that covers every blade of grass and is fouled more than anyone else but keeps demanding that ball and carrying it forward. 

I see Jack has Man City's idea of the perfect replacement for David Silva and, I suspect, they will make him their main summer target. No way will Guardiola allow such a player to pass him by. If it happens, it'll be at least £100m. 

Personally, I'd prefer to see him carry Villa back to the top. But, if that's not possible, I'd like to see him in the Barcelona team as I think he'd be amazing for them with the way they play football. 

Edited by Villarocker
  • Like 1

Question for all Villans, do you think that Jack could ever win a Ballon D'or? 

Sound crazy right? But, in a couple of years time, Messi and Ronaldo will be out of the running. If Jack was to play at Barca and they won the Champions League with Jack being their star talent, would it be possible? 

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Question for all Villans, do you think that Jack could ever win a Ballon D'or? 

Sound crazy right? But, in a couple of years time, Messi and Ronaldo will be out of the running. If Jack was to play at Barca and they won the Champions League with Jack being their star talent, would it be possible? 

If he won the Champions League with Barcelona, and was their best player then yes he would be in the running.

But the same could be said for any player in that situation.

Funny thing is that it makes me a bit sad when ever Jack does something like that; Its the thought that it only makes him more desirable to the biggest clubs.

We will be lucky to keep him next year even if we stay up!

• Like 1

Â