The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

30 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

Best player ive seen since Dwight Yorke.

Sorry Dwight was good for  one season , maybe two, was at his best for Manure but even then he was never as influential as Grealish and would never score goals like Jack has , tap ins For a large part of Dwight's villa career he played second fiddle to the likes of Atkinson .

13 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

De Bruyne comfortably. Mane, Salah (probably many more from that Liverpool side). 

Agreed. He is very very good, but still closer to the bottom of his rapidly accelerating curve then he is the top. Other excellent players are still emerging, as they logically should.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Is there a better player in the premier league than him right now..

Yeah about 20 or 30

De Bruyne, Aguero, Silva x2, Ederson 

Salah, Mane, Firmino, AA, Virgil VD

just to name a few from two teams....never mind players like Vardy.

1 hour ago, tinker said:

He's better than Milner, he's the best player I have seen at the Villa and I witnessed the re birth of God 

Sorry, I love Jack but has a long way to go to be as good as God! I doubt I’ll ever see somebody that good down Villa park again.  

I also still think there are other players that measure with Jack and that’s only because Jack is at the start of his greatness but the likes of Yorke and Merson were class at the top end of the table for us and there are others.  

Jack is on his way but it’s too early, we need to enjoy his brilliance as it grows....

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Southgate is doing us a favour. Villa is far more important than England. Dont want to risk the injury. 

The flip side of that mate is that if he gets in the England squad (and we stay up of course) he may be content staying with us for another season. 

He will probably leave in the summer anyway, but not getting in the England squad whilst with us may hasten his decision to bigger off. 

9 minutes ago, tinker said:

So did I, he played his best football for Manure 

Oh I agree with that but the rest was not right.  

He was as influential, he didn’t play second fiddle and he wasn’t just good, he was brilliant for us.  He was a Holte End hero.  I still remember broken heartedly the Everton game at their place, we still had a small hope he would stay and not go but the way he played we knew he was off.  He was influential in a far better team....we all love Jack but don’t dismiss former players so easily.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Is there a better player in the premier league than him right now..

Yes.  However, that's not the point really is it?  Grealish is superb, he's untested at international level and he's not played on the Champions League but I'm pretty sure he's got the ability to do well in both.  We are probably going to lose him this summer but the fee will be enormous if he keeps us up. 

33 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Oh I agree with that but the rest was not right.  

He was as influential, he didn’t play second fiddle and he wasn’t just good, he was brilliant for us.  He was a Holte End hero.  I still remember broken heartedly the Everton game at their place, we still had a small hope he would stay and not go but the way he played we knew he was off.  He was influential in a far better team....we all love Jack but don’t dismiss former players so easily.

He was a Holte end hero but forced a move to Man u . He was a good.player but he was at the villa for nearly 10 years, came good in the last 2 and then forced a move.

Grealish has dragged this team up for two seasons . He's influential all over the pitch and he's still young, Grealish is re writing the record books and we should all sit back and enjoy it. Dwight Yorke........na not for me., Grealish kicks his arse into touch 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

In my time of going down VP , approx. 50 years, I have seen only 2 truly world class players in our colours. Paul Mc Grath and Sir Jack,

I don't know if you saw Andy Gray after last weeks game, but he completely summed up my views about Jack. He could get in any team in the world, and is worth at least £100m

This is the risk the owners should be looking at!

If we go down, we ain't getting more than £50m for Jack. If we stay up, the price is £100m please Mr. Woodward.

Hey look I've just found us £50m to spend in January. N'Zonzi, get your arse to the airport.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Are you kidding? I watched Yorkie home and away for seasons and the above is complete garbage comment!

1 hour ago, tinker said:

So did I, he played his best football for Manure 

I must have watched 95% of all games Yorke played for us. I think there is merit in both comments. He was always good but he did really excel in his last couple of years for us when he was moved centrally and his game went up a level. 

However, Jack stands out more for me as Yorke had much better players around him. Jack gets the full treatment from the opposition and he often has to deal with 2/3/4 players surrounding him when he’s on the ball, whilst carrying us almost single handedly. Jack’s control of a football as he moves is the best I have ever seen. Now he is adding goals he is up there with the best I have seen play for the club.

I wouldn’t swap him for any other current premier league player and certainly none in his age range.

Those that said he was behind the likes of Mason Mount, which is ludicrous (that’s includes you Southgate) weren’t paying attention but they are now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Without him we’d likely be virtually down. 

He is unbelievable. 

Question is best player we’ve had at Villa since? 
(I’d go Milner, but if he continues that form he could easily surpass that)

We keep asking that question with the 'since' qualifier. How long until he's our best ever? Can't be too long now.

• Like 1

Â