The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

40 minutes ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

Now knowing that we can’t stay up, I’d take £40M for him now. Playing him for rest of season just means we run the risk of him picking up an injury and not being sold in the summer. 

did we get a points deduction or something?

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

Now knowing that we can’t stay up, I’d take £40M for him now. Playing him for rest of season just means we run the risk of him picking up an injury and not being sold in the summer. 

and then when we don't replace him with the next messi within 2 days you can blame suso?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

tenor.gif

Are we going down and cutting off his leg?

• Like 2

Personally i feel that is just crazy.

The other thing that bothers me is that you value Jack as low as 40M. Maddison is being talked about at 60 to 80 & Grealish has to be close to that as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 14/01/2020 at 00:26, striker said:

Not sure I’d want him picked for England yet. Perfect situation for him to be tapped up.

Also perfect for an additional 25m on his eventual fee. I think all Villa fans want to see him wear England colours whilst at Villa and not when he leaves. I think if he also gets into the England squad under that muppet Southgate then he may also feel he can hang around a year or two longer as it wont affect his international tournament chances. 

The thing is, Jack is known by many top players already. He's linked up with most the top young players coming through anyway. If he's going to go he's going to go.  I don't see Jack as a player that can be tapped up as he would've been a long time ago. He will go when he wants imo now we are financially safe. Eventually he will of course but if we hang around in  the PL I think he gives us at least another 18 months.

• Like 1

Yeah man Utd fans are loving all this, saying see if we have the same resolve on not selling him in the championship, whichis what pisses me off most of all, as they think they will prize him from us then.

Like I said stay up or go down, no sale for me.

I'd rather not see him at any other club for cheaper especially at Man Utd who think they can just come in and swoop him up if we get relegated.

Football sucks, because it doesn't change the talent of who Grealish is and be it in this league or the league down, does not change what Jack is capable of.

• Like 1

On 16/01/2020 at 00:31, sir_gary_cahill said:

For the older posters, is Jack Grealish better Gordon Cowans? I never saw Cowans for Villa, I’m too young, Noel said to me on the phone that Grealish is the best player he’s ever seen in the academy, do other posters agree? I want your views, answers on a postcard please 

I saw Sid on many occasions.

Ive also seen many other great Villa players but Jack is special.The way he drifts past players and invites challenges.

This season he has stepped up and added goals to his game but it’s ability he has to slow the game down marks him out for me.

There is no other English player around like him.

He is our Gazza

If we go down he'll go and can't really argue against it tbh. He's far too good for that League. Whoever we sell him to though we should ensure that we have a buyback clause or something of that nature just in case it doesn't work out.

Edited by PieFacE

Unless we can support his development by bringing proper players in to play with him, it’s just going to breed resentment on his part. 

To be as good as he is, for him to be playing with the likes of Taylor, Elmohamady, Targett, Trezeguet and Wes is inevitably going to start impeding his development soon. At his stage, he simply needs to be around proper players. Playing for England is only going to fuel that sentiment. 

I don’t see how anyone could begrudge him a move and think it entirely sensible to take a good fee for him now if one is available. Even if we stayed up - which, in my view is not possible with how chronic recruitment has been in January - we’re at best several years off being able to recruit the calibre of player needed for him to reach anywhere near his full potential. 

• Like 1

He'll keep us up, win us a trophy and his chant will still be the Super Jack one from his debut. Deserves a better one really that we can sing for years a la God. 

He'll be gone in the summer I think either way, slim hope that he gets in the Euros Squad and gives us another year but I think we all know he has to leave. We'd have to spend £150m to have a chance at keeping him.

Hope he goes out on a high. He'll come back and end his career here, hopefully as a legend. 

18 hours ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

Shit, did I miss the Brighton game? 

54 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

He'll keep us up, win us a trophy and his chant will still be the Super Jack one from his debut. Deserves a better one really that we can sing for years a la God. 

He'll be gone in the summer I think either way, slim hope that he gets in the Euros Squad and gives us another year but I think we all know he has to leave. We'd have to spend £150m to have a chance at keeping him.

Hope he goes out on a high. He'll come back and end his career here, hopefully as a legend. 

If we stay up, and can convince him that we are going to be signing QUALITY to the squad.

I think he would give us one or 2 more years.

Leaving your boyhood club at 26 or 27 is not the worst thing.

You'll have given ample service and/ore homage to your hometown, be a better and more matured player, and hopefully be leaving your club in a solid state.

On the flipside, we could also stay up, push on, and he becomes our Lampard/Gerrard/Totti.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

21 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Shit, did I miss the Brighton game? 

No, you missed the rest of the season apparently, we’ve been relegated and can only get £40M at most for Grealish, one of the most coveted players in the country.

Fortunately most of us live in the real world.

• Like 1

The way I see it is if we go down and top clubs come hunting Jack, we'd be best holding out for a decent offer (what they would of paid if wed of sold in the premier), not just for ourselves but for the whole of the EFL.

Big clubs think they can just prize anyone they see fit at low cost, like I said doesn't matter the league, ace talent is ace talent. I think the EFL this season tried to demonstrate that by pricing there players who are worth more to there club deserve the right pay out, its about time the gap with signings between the top and the leagues down got smaller. Clubs are struggling financially in every league but the Premier and deserve some justice, the only way it seems is through signings. I'm happy to let Jack go, but the price needs to reflect his talent, not the league he's in and I'm sure the Owners will push that next season and Jack will understand.

Again a Jack Grealish sale in the championship doesn't have to be a small payout, they know he's damn brilliant and he isn't or wouldnt be the only one from EFL on that level. There's some fine talent in the EFL and a message needs to be sent regardless, that if you want that talent you need to pay what the club want you to pay and not what your willing to pay which would be peanuts.

If good could come of such a player sale in the league under the Prem, then it should if it helps other clubs out in the process.

Edited by Dave-R

According to the rags Man U are offering £25m for Jude Bellingham at SHA. Can't be true can it?

I mean if they think a 16 y.o Championship player is worth that kind of money then Grealish should be worth at least 5 times that even if we go down.

Unless we can support his development by bringing proper players in to play with him, it’s just going to breed resentment on his part. 

To be as good as he is, for him to be playing with the likes of Taylor, Elmohamady, Targett, Trezeguet and Wes is inevitably going to start impeding his development soon. At his stage, he simply needs to be around proper players. Playing for England is only going to fuel that sentiment. 

I don’t see how anyone could begrudge him a move and think it entirely sensible to take a good fee for him now if one is available. Even if we stayed up - which, in my view is not possible with how chronic recruitment has been in January - we’re at best several years off being able to recruit the calibre of player needed for him to reach anywhere near his full potential. 

Absolute garbage!

It’s his first season properly at this level, he’s developing extremely well.  So many great young talents get lost at bigger clubs when they move early and fade into oblivion.  A strong couple of seasons at a club like ours before a big move is perfect for them.

As for not staying up, jeez, I’d hate to be in your head.  We still have a great chance of staying up, players have half a season experience in the PL that they didn’t have at the start of the season, have now played with each other so have settled, there are teams around us that are awful, we are adding players (we are only half way through the window) and it’s still well within our own hands.

p.s. We don’t seem to need the money either, especially 40m!

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â