The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

9 hours ago, KentVillan said:

In fairness, the Mail article on his 'transfer demand' is factual and quotes him directly. Just been purposefully twisted into 'transfer request' by the journalist who wrote it because they know people wont read the article.

FTFY 

They know exactly what they're doing 

12 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Course they do, but before scaring the shit out of people on VT it would be nice if people double checked the article.

I think the poster knew what they were doing too :lol:

I clicked it, horrible click bait website full of adverts and links that takes over a minute to weave through and find the whole article, I knew better too

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I think the poster knew what they were doing too :lol:

I clicked it, horrible click bait website full of adverts and links that takes over a minute to weave through and find the whole article, I knew better too

Rubbish, I took it at face value.....if you think that, you have me wrong.

perhaps living in an age of fake news, i was a bit naive.

best not to believe anything.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Whatever happens we survive or not Jack has to leave the end of the season. He must pull that shirt on he loves and look around the pitch at his team mates and think (I  wonder what clown is capable of supporting or understanding me today ) He is  completely different class . If or when he goes he should with all our full support.  Lets enjoy him for the reminder of the season. 

• Like 4

Just now, Blasterpocket68 said:

Whatever happens we survive or not Jack has to leave the end of the season. He must pull that shirt on he loves and look around the pitch at his team mates and think (I  wonder what clown is capable of supporting or understanding me today ) He is  completely different class . If or when he goes he should with all our full support.  Lets enjoy him for the reminder of the season. 

Sadly, this is where I'm at. 
I firmly believe he can go on to be one of the best players in the world. He isn't going to do that at Villa, sadly. 

• Like 4

For the older posters, is Jack Grealish better Gordon Cowans? I never saw Cowans for Villa, I’m too young, Noel said to me on the phone that Grealish is the best player he’s ever seen in the academy, do other posters agree? I want your views, answers on a postcard please 

On 14/01/2020 at 17:00, Blasterpocket68 said:

Can’t guarantee that mate... If he signs for Spurs, he can **** right off!

14 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

For the older posters, is Jack Grealish better Gordon Cowans? I never saw Cowans for Villa, I’m too young, Noel said to me on the phone that Grealish is the best player he’s ever seen in the academy, do other posters agree? I want your views, answers on a postcard please 

who's Noel? Cowan's & Grealish are two totally different types of midfielders. So can't compare!

Edited by Villan4Life

I think it’s likely he goes in the summer, we need to stay up not just for our own club but it means those buying him need to stump a monumental cheque to get him.

sets us up if we spend wisely and allows jack to further his career.

19 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

It’s difficult to compare. Sid could put a ball on a sixpence, win back possession and do something fantastic within the ball in the blink of eye. But he had options and was surrounded by great players. 

I think a better comparison is Brian Little. Up till Jack he was the most skillful player I ever saw in a Villa shirt and scored more than his fair share of goals. I am not certain which is best. Jack is obviously hamstrung by the ***** around him and I still don’t think we have seen the best of him. Hopefully we can get out of this mess and see him be even better for Villa.

20 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

1 hour ago, MikeMcKenna said:

It’s difficult to compare. Sid could put a ball on a sixpence, win back possession and do something fantastic within the ball in the blink of eye. But he had options and was surrounded by great players. 

I think a better comparison is Brian Little. Up till Jack he was the most skillful player I ever saw in a Villa shirt and scored more than his fair share of goals. I am not certain which is best. Jack is obviously hamstrung by the ***** around him and I still don’t think we have seen the best of him. Hopefully we can get out of this mess and see him be even better for Villa.

Sid is a legend. Unfortunately that legend will never stand up to the talent that exists in Jack Grealish imo. Brilliant player though and as Mike says pinpoint accuracy was his forte. Loved by all, respected by all and everything that you want those that put the shirt on to be. He was superb. 

I had this discussion with my old man the other day though and we discussed the Little vs Grealish argument. I think we both came to the conclusion that although Little was class he was also lazy at times. More my dad actually as I don't remember Little as well as he did. We both agreed that Grealish is on another level for his all round game and will possibly disappear into the clouds if his current trajectory continues. In the modern game he is a serious gem of a player. 

• Like 2

If we stay up we definitely need to start purchasing quality over quantity. In the summer unfortunately we need to do the latter. 

We need a quality young prospect like Piatek etc. Otherwise he would be best for his career to move on to progress himself. He doesn't deserve to be in the same team as Taylor and Nakamba etc

Edited by Lord Willard

Â