The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

42 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Does he have much competition for the 10g/10a club this season? Looking at his stats and made me wonder

KDB, Mané, Maddison will be up there I would imagine. Maybe Willian, Sterling, Salah, Jimenez, the two Silvas?

edit:

Grealish 6 / 6

KDB 7 / 14

Mané 11 / 8

Maddison 6 / 5

Willian 4 / 4

Sterling 11 / 2

Salah 10 / 4

Jimenez 8 / 6

D Silva 3 / 8

Bernardo 5 / 4

selected others:

Mahrez 5 / 8

Rashford 12 / 5

Vardy 17 / 5

Richarlison 7 / 4

Son 5 / 9

Edited by chappy
Checked the numbers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I am 99.99% sure that the only reason he wasn't in the last England Squad because Southgate was informed he wouldn't he fit. 

Definitely not. Why give such an elaborate excuse as to why he left him out?

Anyway, huge 5/6 months for Jack! Can he keep us up and make the Euro squad? And then win us the Euros!? 😂

Stepping into elite attacker territory.

Remember when our main complaint was "doesn't shoot or score enough"?

How far has he come?

I genuinely now think he is best as a very advanced midfielder, attacker or supporting striker

Another poster commented him referencing to himself as "striker" in the post match interview. (Obviously i'm aware he meant, in the formation and on the day)

Just seen the interview, brilliant.

He thrives in attacking areas!

Even the ruled our header shows growth, he has always had the skill and passing but used to be relatively impotent.

We MUST build a quality team around this boy!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Ok. I might get heat but I'm going to put it out there. His passing and shooting technique is reminiscent of Beckham. His movement with the ball in the way he moves reminds me of Zidane, he glides on the pitch. 

Beckham could beat the first man on a corner, though. And his free kicks were much better.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Jack's touch and dribbling skills are incredible, but there's still room for improvement with his final ball.

I've thought for a while that there's something of Zidane / Iniesta / Gascoigne about him. A hybrid number 10 / centre mid / winger who has all the dribbling skills and creativity of a traditional playmaker but has a good enough all-round game to drop deep and help in the transition. Like those players, he doesn't have lightning pace, so you don't always want him standing on the last man like a Sterling / Bale type player. He's more dangerous drifting around central midfield, where there's more space for him to turn into.

But I wouldn't place Grealish in the same bracket as any of these players yet. Still needs to show that he can do it consistently over several seasons of top flight football. I hope we don't weigh him down with unrealistic expectations.

I'd like to know why Paul Parker thinks that James maddison would be a better signing that Jack Grealish, I'm absoloutly shocked on that one.

15 hours ago, Keyblade said:

2 things for me from that video

32 seconds - the chance he created for Wesley in the 1st half when he's stood up 1v1 against the burnley CB, the other LB comes straight over at full speed to double up on jack rather than stick with Wesley's run, that's mental, that's the thing that villa need to do better, the other players have to use the space he is creating

1.07 - I really wish that clipped ball over the top to I think guilbert had ended in a thunderbastard of a volley in to the top corner

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I'd like to know why Paul Parker thinks that James maddison would be a better signing that Jack Grealish, I'm absoloutly shocked on that one.

an English ex media pundit now doing soundbites, im sure he could give an indepth analysis of both players games and how Maddison suits ole's man utd better...(which might well be the case)

but instead he just said jacks not consistent enough, Maddison has been in the league a few months now (his words) and other players and managers constantly talk about how well he's doing

absolute clown

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Beckham could beat the first man on a corner, though. And his free kicks were much better.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Jack's touch and dribbling skills are incredible, but there's still room for improvement with his final ball.

I've thought for a while that there's something of Zidane / Iniesta / Gascoigne about him. A hybrid number 10 / centre mid / winger who has all the dribbling skills and creativity of a traditional playmaker but has a good enough all-round game to drop deep and help in the transition. Like those players, he doesn't have lightning pace, so you don't always want him standing on the last man like a Sterling / Bale type player. He's more dangerous drifting around central midfield, where there's more space for him to turn into.

But I wouldn't place Grealish in the same bracket as any of these players yet. Still needs to show that he can do it consistently over several seasons of top flight football. I hope we don't weigh him down with unrealistic expectations.

I said his passing and shooting technique is like, and re Zidane I said his movement is reminiscent of. 

I don’t remember saying he is on the same level. It was about his technique and movement. As for his final ball he has created an awful lot of chances this season and has a good number of assists too. 

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

I don’t remember saying he is on the same level. It was about his technique and movement. As for his final ball he has created an awful lot of chances this season and has a good number of assists too. 

Wasn't intending to put words into your mouth - was just making observations off the back off your post.

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

To be fair James Maddison is a better player. It won't go down well here but I think it's true.

I think Jack WILL be better, once he has another year at this level under his belt (and unfortunately probably after he moves to a better team).

But at this moment, Maddison is better, so i can understand why a pundit would say he's a better signing, even though I don't agree (again I think Jack would be a better signing because he has a higher ceiling)

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Let him say stuff like this it suits us.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

an English ex media pundit now doing soundbites, im sure he could give an indepth analysis of both players games and how Maddison suits ole's man utd better...(which might well be the case)

but instead he just said jacks not consistent enough, Maddison has been in the league a few months now (his words) and other players and managers constantly talk about how well he's doing

absolute clown

Couldn't of said that any better to be honest, especially the last bit lol.

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

2 things for me from that video

32 seconds - the chance he created for Wesley in the 1st half when he's stood up 1v1 against the burnley CB, the other LB comes straight over at full speed to double up on jack

That was Mee, so was probably planning a career ender

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â