The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Jack is already 9 figures and so is maddison. I mean name an attacking midfielder in England who you would want more than those 2. Outside of England it is a straight toss up between isco, coutinho and Rodriguez. Currently Neymar is the only attacking 'midfielder' in Europe that you would definitely take over those 2. The rest are all older play for better teams and don't have good enough stats to come close to Grealish or Maddison. 

that's an exaggeration, there are a fair few attacking midfielders that would be ahead of those 2, for football, marketing, value and potential reasons

kai havertz is the best top young attacking midfielder in Europe at the moment, Donny van der Beek is probably the most realistic obtainable one, you then throw in Dybala, ziyech, or even the likes of that rennes kid camavinga who has apparently been watched by just about all of the top teams and linked with a £100m move to real madrid, Eriksen who will go on a free and all of that isn't including joao felix seeing as he moved last summer

if he did leave id want it to be to a foreign CL winning club but I just don't see it happening, I don't think the profile is there to match the price tag

52 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

his record for the U21s was 7 games 2 goals and 4 assists, won the Toulon tournament 

I think it is the tactical thing, southgates England are kick and rush get the ball in early to kane and sterling

By personal misgivings I meant something off the pitch - doesn't like his attitude or perceived disruptive influence on a dressing room. I don't know.

The tactical excuse is probably what Southgate believes, but it speaks volumes about his limitations as a manager. Does he really think he can go through an entire tournament playing one system, and not having to adapt it at any point because of injuries / opposition strength / game situation? He needs game changers on his bench, and really that means Grealish and Maddison.

I also struggle to understand exactly what it is that Jack doesn't do right that makes him more tactically unsuitable for Southgate's **** "system", which seems to fall apart every time we play decent opposition. What is it? Not good enough defensively? Doesn't pass quickly enough? Doesn't hold the shape? Don't Barkley, Alli and Hudson-Odoi have the same issues?

1 hour ago, OxfordVillan said:

I’d say that Grealish is very much a Guardiola/ManCity type, he’d soon be viewed as one of the worlds elite under Guardiola. Without getting too carried away, what does DeBruyne do that Jack can’t, except  showcase his talents at a top of the table club? Who would ManUtd prefer, Pogba or Grealish? Jack is proving what we Villa fans already knew, that he is a unique and outstanding talent. He’s priceless to us, impossible to put a figure on. What I would say is that if media were talking about McGinn at £50m, then starting figures for Grealish are far above that. I repeat, there is no one else in the game with the same talent and skill set as Jack. I keep hearing pundits compare Jack with Maddison but they are very different, Jacks influence during games is bigger than Maddisons imo. As is being proven this season. Ppl have spoken of Maddison at £60m. It’s not inconceivable that in 7-8months jack could be a 9figure footballer. 

Agree completely.

13 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

No, he praised him before the game, so had nothing to do with his performance VS City.

I thought it was after

either way a shit journalist asked the same boring question of man city, is this player any good and would you like to buy him to which pep said good player but city cant afford him which isn't as unrealistic as people will make out but in reality it was just pep being polite to a bad question

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

that's an exaggeration, there are a fair few attacking midfielders that would be ahead of those 2, for football, marketing, value and potential reasons

kai havertz is the best top young attacking midfielder in Europe at the moment, Donny van der Beek is probably the most realistic obtainable one, you then throw in Dybala, ziyech, or even the likes of that rennes kid camavinga who has apparently been watched by just about all of the top teams and linked with a £100m move to real madrid, Eriksen who will go on a free and all of that isn't including joao felix seeing as he moved last summer

if he did leave id want it to be to a foreign CL winning club but I just don't see it happening, I don't think the profile is there to match the price tag

No doubt all of them are great but would you take any of them over maddison or Grealish.

Van De Beek and Ziyech are in a weak league and whilst they have performed well in the champions league look at what has happened to De Ligt. Personally I would love Van De Beek but he isn't really a solo creator like Maddison and Grealish. Ziyech is probably as good as them and I did forget him but he is a little bit older than them and it is hard to say he is that much better. 

Havertz is younger than Grealish and Maddison but has not continued to develop his game this year and has only scored 3 goals and got 1 assists in all competitions.

Dybala is inconsistent and generally only scores at home despite playing for a club 3 times as good as everyone else in their league.

Eriksen is 29/30 and whilst he is arguably better than them currently has hardly played this season and a year of inactivity can really hamper a players ability.

Joao Felix is a quality player but he is more of a 2nd striker than an attacking midfielder and so shouldn't really be in this discussion. 

However Maddison and Grealish are both worth 100+million. 

5 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Yeah it wasn’t a criticism of Jack, but I think he’s still missing that matchwinning performance against a top side on his CV. It’ll come at some point.

Liverpool semi final... he’s completed it 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Yeah it wasn’t a criticism of Jack, but I think he’s still missing that matchwinning performance against a top side on his CV. It’ll come at some point.

I don’t think it matters. Same stuff gets trotted out about the greatest player ever. 

There's no one like Jack in PL currently. And I think in the world either. Jack is unique. And to top the skills off he's also very likeable and marketable pretty face. Someone young boys and girls can idolize and dream about. He's worth so much.

Ok. I might get heat but I'm going to put it out there. His passing and shooting technique is reminiscent of Beckham. His movement with the ball in the way he moves reminds me of Zidane, he glides on the pitch. 

Edited by Sulberto21

Â