The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Southgate will lean harder on the sterling comparisons 

And then pick Hudson odoi in the squad too

What has Hudson-Odoi ever done? :D I agree it's laughable when he picks him.

• Like 1

Grealish is worth £150m. He could play for anybody, he has a long contract at Villa, he is a leader, he is superb in a number of positions, he scores, he creates and he is a young good looking kid who is a marketing dream. I could really see him in a Barcelona shirt where he would be massive. He will leave at the end of this season and he will go with my blessing. I cannot believe that this kid is not England captain. Unbelievable player

6 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Grealish at this stage is twice the player of Hudson-Odoi. Hudson-Odoi only has pace and does not deliver any meaningful output. He may well improve as years go by but at this stage there's no question as to who is the better player.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Grealish is worth £150m. He could play for anybody, he has a long contract at Villa, he is a leader, he is superb in a number of positions, he scores, he creates and he is a young good looking kid who is a marketing dream. I could really see him in a Barcelona shirt where he would be massive. He will leave at the end of this season and he will go with my blessing. I cannot believe that this kid is not England captain. Unbelievable player

Grealish only goes if we go down. We build around Jack 

26 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

The last excuse I can actually buy in to, he’s competing with sterling and rashford and won’t have the luxury of being of a key player

but then to pick and play odoi....

southgate will have the problem that he doesn’t know how to play him

Southgate wanted numbers, well he’s getting them. No doubt he’ll come up with some bullshit excuse this time around as well. This guy is class.  

Wearing Villa specs, but I’d put him in the top 5 midfielders in the league. There are very few who can do what Jack can. Genuinely think he could play for anyone. 

Just now, M_Afro said:

Hope you’re right mate. He is my favourite ever Villa player. Pure class

His contract had a promotion pay clause so his wages more than doubled from the reported £40k we paid him in the championship once he signed a new deal. Going to take 60m plus £150k-200k a week to get him away from us. Not happening unless we go down. 

1 minute ago, Fairy In Boots said:

His contract had a promotion pay clause so his wages more than doubled from the reported £40k we paid him in the championship once he signed a new deal. Going to take 60m plus £150k-200k a week to get him away from us. Not happening unless we go down. 

Peanuts for the top clubs mate. I think people are going to have to understand that Grealish is going to go at some point. His line of trajectory in football terms is far higher than the clubs at this point and without huge financial investment and a miraculous change in squad ability we will not be able to keep him for much longer. Regardless of his loyalties he has a career to think about. Top level football awaits Grealish not the other way around. He could go to any CL team and tear it up imo   

• Like 1

The one ingredient that was missing from his game was goals - he seems to have that now. complete player  - Can't think of better player in that position for us - Merson (albeit briefly) Platt - 

21 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

It would cost much more than £60m mate. Much, much more

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

The one ingredient that was missing from his game was goals - he seems to have that now. complete player

Yup. He looks better this season than he did in the Championship. I knew he was good, but I'm astounded by the progress he's made in the last year. I didn't get to see McGrath or the league winning team, so he's comfortably the best Villa player I've ever watched.

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Peanuts for the top clubs mate. I think people are going to have to understand that Grealish is going to go at some point. His line of trajectory in football terms is far higher than the clubs at this point and without huge financial investment and a miraculous change in squad ability we will not be able to keep him for much longer. Regardless of his loyalties he has a career to think about. Top level football awaits Grealish not the other way around. He could go to any CL team and tear it up imo   

If we survive this season, in theory we have the budget to give Grealish the teammates he deserves over the next couple of transfer windows (as well as the wages he deserves).

If it's Liverpool / Man City / Barcelona coming in then fair enough. But I keep seeing Man Utd and Arsenal, which would be no guarantee of silverware, constant merry-go-round of managers, and high risk of getting bombed out or misused. Are they really that much more appealing than a well-funded Villa?

1 hour ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Southgate will pick him for the squad. Absolutely won’t use him though. 

I can already hear Southgate's lecture on how Jack needs to show more tactical discipline in the special Southgate press like star pupil Mason Mount.

Â