The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

12 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Sure it wasn't the fourth official? 

It seemed more like it was aimed at the bench. I recorded the game because I was out with my family. I watched it over and over again because the commentator apologised for the language used by Jack. You clearly hear him tell someone to eff off. At first, I thought it was towards the Leicester bench but after watching it a few more times it does seem like he's looking towards the Villa bench. Also, Alan Smith said, after it happened, that it looked like Grealish was unhappy with someone on his bench. 

3 hours ago, Villarocker said:

It seemed more like it was aimed at the bench. I recorded the game because I was out with my family. I watched it over and over again because the commentator apologised for the language used by Jack. You clearly hear him tell someone to eff off. At first, I thought it was towards the Leicester bench but after watching it a few more times it does seem like he's looking towards the Villa bench. Also, Alan Smith said, after it happened, that it looked like Grealish was unhappy with someone on his bench. 

On the NBC American feed they thought it was Leicester's bench.  It looked that way to me as well.  It' seems like the most obvious answer. Occam's razor and all that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Villarocker said:

Ooh drama, I wonder who it could be? I did notice this too but I had thought it was towards the fans.

17 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Surrounded by garbage and became sloppy in possession by his standards. Very difficult to expect him to carry us week in week out, others have to step up.

Can't help but think this will be a massive break through season for him and will also be his last season for us. Loads of clubs will want him by the end of the season and he'd thrive with quality around him.

This is where I am with him. I really wouldn't begrudge him a move to a top side after yesterday. I'd hate it, and do struggle to picture him in another teams shirt, but that was the first time I've felt that Villa are holding him back. He would have ran the show for Leicester if he had been on their team. Hopefully he's here til the end of the season, we stay up and then it's up to him.

7 hours ago, tomav84 said:

needs a yellow saturday so that his ban is for the cup game. cant afford him to miss the saints home game...that one's massive

Don't believe that's the rules any more. He cannot serve a ban in the cup for cards accumulated in the league.

The cards "fall off" after 18 games. So he's got to get through Sheff Utd and Southampton and he'll be OK. Makes the booking at the end of Leicester really annoying, was silly.

Plus obviously the yellow given at Palace which also cost us a point ffs.

Suprised no ones said anything in this thread. No bones about it he was very poor this game. I don't neccesarily mind as long as he shows this is a one-off. The bigger problem I think is that it really highlights how much we rely on him. We don't win games unless Jack plays well. But at the same time, we don't necessarily win all the games where Jack plays well either.

• Like 1

He looks really pissed off to me. 

I think he's frustrated with how poor we have become. I am starting to worry he might go in January if a big club come in for him and definitely at season end unless we improve massively. 

Right now, Jack playing on the left side of attack is by far our biggest problem. It's not a natural position for him and he clearly would rather play behind the striker in midfield. Therefore, he spends most of the game drifting into the middle of the pitch and leaving us totally exposed down the left-hand side. Last week, Ricardo, the Leicester right back, won man of the match because he was doubling up on Targett all game. 

Dean Smith has to realise that Jack at left-side attack unbalances the team and stop doing that. McGinn's poor run of form has coincided with this and both of them looked right out of sorts today. In fact, they look frustrated and fed up. 

3 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Right now, Jack playing on the left side of attack is by far our biggest problem. It's not a natural position for him and he clearly would rather play behind the striker in midfield. Therefore, he spends most of the game drifting into the middle of the pitch and leaving us totally exposed down the left-hand side. Last week, Ricardo, the Leicester right back, won man of the match because he was doubling up on Targett all game. 

Dean Smith has to realise that Jack at left-side attack unbalances the team and stop doing that. McGinn's poor run of form has coincided with this and both of them looked right out of sorts today. In fact, they look frustrated and fed up. 

A few weeks back ppl were praising how much better we look with him playing in from the left. Confidence is low, and as a result we've lost form as a team, don't think Jack's position matters much. 

• Like 4

Â