The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

30 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't really 'get' this England moaning. He missed the games before the recent internationals while he was injured. Of course he wasn't picked. He'll get into the team this season, people just need to chill.

From Southgate's comments, it looked like he wasn't getting picked regardless. Or maybe I'm misremembering the England squad before that one.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Like the fella he is talking to in the video says, they don't know else how to stop you. 

George Boateng bonus too. Well worth a watch. They also discuss preparing for Leicesters full backs. Jack also mentions how he captains the lads. 

Jack is underrated smart. 

Jack is absolutely underrated smart.  Like moustache-twirling smart sometimes.  Turtleneck smart.

I sometimes wonder when watching Jack if he's deliberately modelled his game on a very astute appreciation of his particular qualities.  Good and bad.  He knows he's not strikingly fast or strong, but boy does he have smooth, quick, cultured, witty feet!  And great vision and a wonderful birds-eye feel for the game.  So he's chosen to lean into those freakish superlatives and twist the game to his advantage.  Pretty smart.

He dictates that the game will be played as he wishes.  And then goes on to play that game exceptionally well, the nonstop dance of his witty, witty feet a constant drain on his opponents health bar.

• Like 3

The question is who is actually picking the England team?

Smith mentioned in his post match interveiw that Grealish is "putting more pressure on the people choosing those squads. "

DO we take this slip of the tounge by Smith has revealed the secret  inner workings of english football and the squad is picked by a commitee?

Southgate's volley of excuses for grealish's ommitance from the last squad were pathetic to say the least, like someone who was making it up on the spot.

16 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

The question is who is actually picking the England team?

Smith mentioned in his post match interveiw that Grealish is "putting more pressure on the people choosing those squads. "

DO we take this slip of the tounge by Smith has revealed the secret  inner workings of english football and the squad is picked by a commitee?

Southgate's volley of excuses for grealish's ommitance from the last squad were pathetic to say the least, like someone who was making it up on the spot.

It’s probably a committee of Southgate, coaches and analysts.

Going back to the Utd game, as the camera zoomed in on Grealish you could see the eyes of the crowd were all on him. Some looked with fear whilst others looked at him with admiration.

It was refreshing and also fascinating to see this palpable level of focus going his way. Players too will undoubtedly feel this, well Utd committed three yellows against Grealish alone!

I hope this continues, if we get a striker who can put a few chances away in January maybe a top-half finish. A big 'MAYBE' I know, I know 😉

UTV

• Like 1

Jack just oozes class and has done for a while. Consistency was perhaps a problem the last time he was in this league, but then he was very young.  I don’t think a price tag of 80m plus is now unrealistic for him.

Would any of us swap him for Maddison, Mount, Foden, Alli?    I wouldn’t.

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Jack just oozes class and has done for while.  Consistency was perhaps a problem the last time he was in this league, but then he was very young.  I don’t think a price tag of 80m plus is now unrealistic for him.

Would any of us swap him for Maddison, Mount, Foden, Alli?    I wouldn’t.

Nope and I’m not sure I’d take £80 mill plus Alli given his rapid decline and form and increase in ego. For what it’s worth too Maddison is at Leicester former leagues winners. Mount at Chelsea league and cup winners regularly, Foden at Man City again regular league and cup winners. Alli at spurs a club that have won nothing. Jack is more likely to win trophy’s at villa than spurs.

It's difficult when a lot of the players around him aren't that good. He'd have been brilliant had he been in that Chelsea team, quicker, better players on his wave length. He basically had it all to do last night, hard for him to carry us going forward every single week. 

• Like 2

He's been able to find the back of the net since his Notts County days. The Manchester United goal really was the prime example of what he'll do given the space.

It's just difficult for him when he's such a focal point of the attack, but regardless he's always occupying enemy territory and asking the defense if they are up to it.

I think we sacrifice the middle to try and get the ball to Grealish all the time. This will back fire soon as all the teams now see our tactics are centered around him. When Grealish was out against liverpool, it was one of the best games I have seen us play, all chasing for the ball. I think the team is getting much to to reliant on Grealish, weather this is tactical i'm not sure.

• Like 1

The absolute funniest thing I read about Grealish are people whining about him "searching for free kicks and fouls".

And? If you don't want to create a free kick, don't foul him? If you don't wanna break the rules of the game, let him run with the ball. Complaining about someone playing the game is another level of stupid. 

54 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

The absolute funniest thing I read about Grealish are people whining about him "searching for free kicks and fouls".

And? If you don't want to create a free kick, don't foul him? If you don't wanna break the rules of the game, let him run with the ball. Complaining about someone playing the game is another level of stupid. 

Its football intelligence

Take the yedelin push we scored the free kick from for example, Jack has the intelligence to know he probably isn't getting that ball, he knows he's in front of the defender who is chasing him down fast, he knows that if he slows his run down he will be barged in the back

Yedelin does not have the intelligence to see what is coming, fouls him, all day foul lucky not to be a penalty (1 more step) Newcastle fans direct their anger at Jack, should direct it at their own player

Rinse and repeat, every week, made me laugh when he bought a really soft one off mata vs utd because there is a very intelligent footballer and he couldn't stop himself, you could see it on his face after too

6 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Frank Lampard himself was whining about this. It's just admitting that the only way they could stop him was by fouling.

Â