The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

32 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Where on earth has this idea come from that he is a Utd fan? I've seen several people mention it today on twitter.

He tweeted on Agueroooooooo day something about preferring United to win the league over City.  He also finished the tweet off with ‘Up The Villa’ it something similar.

Edited by Wainy316

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Just the 7 fouls on him today, its pathetic at this stage

Yep. He is up against rotational fouling in every single game he plays. Maybe football could adopt a rugby-style approach to this cynical tactic. "Your team has committed multiple identical offences in the last X minutes (i.e. cheap shots on Grealish). The next person to commit the same offence gets an automatic yellow. Don't care if it's his first transgression." It would at least give the opposition pause for thought. 

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

To be fair most Villa fans thought he was worth about £30m.

I think theres a difference between what a lot thought we would realistically get and what he was worth tbf.

31 minutes ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

Yep. He is up against rotational fouling in every single game he plays. Maybe football could adopt a rugby-style approach to this cynical tactic. "Your team has committed multiple identical offences in the last X minutes (i.e. cheap shots on Grealish). The next person to commit the same offence gets an automatic yellow. Don't care if it's his first transgression." It would at least give the opposition pause for thought. 

I said a similar thing today. More in our own control, we need to be making better use of set pieces (as against Newcastle) from those fouls. We know we will get bucket loads of free kicks - have to make them count. 

If Villa ever sell Grealish it will prove these guys are no better than Lerner or Ellis happy to flog the best players to Keep the bean counters happy.

We've had local lads break through before Daley, Hendrie and Vassel all decent but no one who was good enough to be a big big star on the world stage.

We won't ever get sucess unless we can put some quality in and around grealish. Better wingers and a better striker. we are not a million miles away. Just £90million away.

He’s so good...  Not going to lie, when those photos of Jack surfaced during our relegation season, where he as passed out on a boozer after one of our losses, I had written him off as another Stephen Ireland. I thought he was just another talented youngster who got all the way to the Premier League on natural ability and wasn’t ready to put the work in that is needed to be a great player. Boy, I’m glad I was wrong!

He is looking like a true world class player at times this season. I’m in awe and just glad he is one of ours!

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Just the 7 fouls on him today, its pathetic at this stage

The thing is sooner or later one of those fouls will be completely mistimed and do him some damage, refs need to act sooner and not wait for it to happen over and over again before they book someone!

1 hour ago, Hornso said:

That peach of a goal was his 20th for Villa.

Maybe more relevantly, his 11 th in just 35 starts under Deano. What a ratio that is......(especially when it was 9 in 71 under the previous guys)

( * pedant note......he has scored 2 in the Cup which count towards the 11, but he didn’t start those games. )

• Like 2

I think one of the biggest and best things to happen to Jack was that kidney injury. It seemed to wake him into realising his potential. He worked hard on his physical attributes as well during that time (Oli Stephenson deserves a lot of praise here as well) and came back a different player. 

Its  a privilege to watch him play for us.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think one of the biggest and best things to happen to Jack was that kidney injury. It seemed to wake him into realising his potential. He worked hard on his physical attributes as well during that time (Oli Stephenson deserves a lot of praise here as well) and came back a different player. 

Its  a privilege to watch him play for us.

When he came back from that injury he played an absolutely flawless season. That's when I realized how good he actually was. But it was only the Championship. The fact that he's now hitting similar heights in the PL this season which is just ridiculous.

Â