The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

And what if we don't for some reason get better and get stuck in a relegation season year after year or hell, even get relegated? Its a distinct possibility, just as us reaching the top 10 or even top 6 is a possibility too in the future. We aren't entitled to anything in this league. I'm saying if its the former, I don't think Jack sticks around. 

A player signing a new contract doesn't mean they wouldn't want to leave in the future, it just means they didn't want to leave at the time they signed the contract. Like I said, Jack himself said that he had expected to leave at the end of the season despite signing a 5 year contract a year earlier, I don't think there's anything which indicated what his intentions were more than that, unless you think he was lying for some reason.

Winning the league is also a possibility, anything is possible, it’s the unpredictability of the sport that we all love 

Why would he lie? No reason for that

51 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

And what if we don't for some reason get better and get stuck in a relegation battle year after year or hell, even get relegated? Its a distinct possibility, just as us reaching the top 10 or even top 6 is a possibility too in the future. We aren't entitled to anything in this league. I'm saying if its the former, I don't think Jack sticks around. 

A player signing a new contract doesn't mean they wouldn't want to leave in the future, it just means they didn't want to leave at the time they signed the contract. Like I said, Jack himself said that he had expected to leave at the end of the season despite signing a 5 year contract a year earlier, I don't think there's anything which indicated what his intentions were more than that, unless you think he was lying for some reason.

Before we were relegated, we were on equal footing with Tottenham, and look at them now?

We have the owners and are building the structure to make something happen.

Why didn't Kane go to United for example?

ALSO, if you read the rest of those articles, or even listen to the interview he goes on to say "Not that I wanted to, but I think I would HAVE to" for the club.

Unless he massively climbs up trees, one of the BIG clubs come in for him, and we simultaneously show signs of going nowhere I don't think he forces a move.

If you can grow with the club you love, make great money and try to win things with them, why do you leave?

I think he would be more likely to join a club overseas personally.

I could obviously also be totally wrong.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Before we were relegated, we were on equal footing with Tottenham, and look at them now?

We have the owners and are building the structure to make something happen.

Why didn't Kane go to United for example?

ALSO, if you read the rest of those articles, or even listen to the interview he goes on to say "Not that I wanted to, but I think I would HAVE to" for the club.

Unless he massively climbs up trees, one of the BIG clubs come in for him, and we simultaneously show signs of going nowhere I don't think he forces a move.

If you can grow with the club you love, make great money and try to win things with them, why do you leave?

I think he would be more likely to join a club overseas personally.

I could obviously also be totally wrong.

I mean, what do you mean by equal footing? Because we had like 3 full years of battling relegation before finally going down while tottenham were competing for top 6 and trying to get into top 4 in that same period. 

And even if we were on equal footing with them, so what? There are also other clubs who have gotten top 6 and have gone down the table after, some even getting relegated. Why does us being like Tottenham at some point entitle us to a similar level of success? 

Kane not going to United? I don't know much about Kane's situation, but I think maybe the fact that Totenham were at least a top 6 club and were on the rise during the whole time a big factor? How is that at all comparable to us who have been in the championship the past 3 years and have only just gotten promoted? And with Poch gone now, and if Spurs don't win anything this season, I can totally see him leaving nexy year.

I don't know what he said in those articles, I just know what he said to the interviewer after winning the playoffs. And your statement doesn't even go against mine, he's saying he felt like he had to leave. He obviously would have to leave to further his career, which is the same thing I'm saying for why he may leave us eventually.

Here's the thing, if we show signs of upward progress, then I don't think Grealish leaves. BUT, if we don't, and remain rooted to the bottom half of the table and that shows no sign of changing, I think its entirely possible he might leave. Would you not think if after 3 years of relegation battles, a 27 year old Grealish might start thinking that it might be time to join another club before his prime disappears? Of course, he might not and its entirely possible he remains satisfied with Villa regardless butI do think from his comments ambition is a motivator for him. 

Edited by Laughable Chimp

2 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Here's the thing, if we show signs of upward progress, then I don't think Grealish leaves. BUT, if we don't, and remain rooted to the bottom half of the table and that shows no sign of changing, I think its entirely possible he might leave. Would you not think if after 3 years of relegation battles, a 27 year old Grealish might start thinking that it might be time to join another club before his prime disappears? Of course, he might not and its entirely possible he remains satisfied with Villa regardless butI do think from his comments ambition is a motivator for him. 

I think all of that is true, but I don't think it'll happen.

I think the ambition, the know how and the investment is in place - if it doesn't work out, then he'll need to leave, but I genuinely believe we're at the start of a really interesting period for the club and that Jack will be more than willing to see how that pans out. 

• Like 3

All I know is that if he ever leaves it will be the first time that I have a "second team". I just love watching the guy play football, as I feel any true football fan should, and will keenly follow his career wherever it takes him. I have never before thought that about a villa player

• Like 2

13 hours ago, New_Hope said:

Hopefully will be the modern equivalent on Le Tissier.

I always saw Le Tissier as a bit of a lazy bastard who enjoyed being the star man in a weak squad, and the fact it meant he could just do his thing on a Saturday and not worry about training. Hell of a player, especially on Match of the Day, but he wasted his talent a bit.

I see Grealish as a different personality, who's a bit more motivated to achieve things. This will probably be more of a Gerrard situation, where some very tempting offers come in, and we'll have to convince him that he can win stuff here. But the current setup seems geared up to doing that, so I'm fairly confident he'll stick around unless something goes badly wrong.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

I always saw Le Tissier as a bit of a lazy bastard who enjoyed being the star man in a weak squad, and the fact it meant he could just do his thing on a Saturday and not worry about training. Hell of a player, especially on Match of the Day, but he wasted his talent a bit.

I see Grealish as a different personality, who's a bit more motivated to achieve things. This will probably be more of a Gerrard situation, where some very tempting offers come in, and we'll have to convince him that he can win stuff here. But the current setup seems geared up to doing that, so I'm fairly confident he'll stick around unless something goes badly wrong.

I'm saying from the point of view of staying with one club despite the offers from other teams.

16 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

All I know is that if he ever leaves it will be the first time that I have a "second team". I just love watching the guy play football, as I feel any true football fan should, and will keenly follow his career wherever it takes him. I have never before thought that about a villa player

That's why I'd rather he went abroad, hopefully somewhere so big it seems daft and shuts the locals up

Imagine for example if say bayern Munich came in for him 

4 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

I'm saying from the point of view of staying with one club despite the offers from other teams.

Oh I know, was just elaborating on your point, since Le Tissier was on my mind earlier in the week when I was thinking about this.

I think there are a few scenarios that could play out:

• Le Tissier - stay at the club regardless of what happens - but as I said, I think Le Tiss was less ambitious and hardworking than Jack is
  • Gerrard - stay at the club, but have head turned in a big way at some point, we hang on to him because trophies are a genuine possibility
  • Barry - stay at the club until late twenties, then leave to win some trophies if Villa can't do it
  • Bale - stay at the club until Madrid / Barcelona come in with a silly offer - everybody's happy for him?

I don't think he'll do a Barry, because in 4 years time we ought to have too good a squad for that to be forced upon him. Also, as much as I rate Jack, I'm not sure he's ever really going to be at that Gareth Bale galactico level. He's definitely good enough to play for a Barca / Real Madrid type team, but not as one of their marquee signings.

So really if we stay up this year and spend well in the summer, I see him sticking around for a while.

'Grealish is far better than Villa'

Man United 2-2 Aston Villa

8557841a-b29b-4236-9d24-e82a9b116cf1.jpg

Robbie Savage

Ex-Wales midfielder on BBC Radio 5 Live

Aston Villa what are they going to achieve? Staying in the Premier League.

If they achieve that it is going to be a great season for them, they are not winning a cup.

If Manchester City, Spurs or Chelsea come with a massive offer for Jack Grealish, let’s say £80m, I think he’ll go.

He’s far better than Aston Villa.

I hate Savage.

1 minute ago, daggy_333 said:

'Grealish is far better than Villa'

Man United 2-2 Aston Villa

8557841a-b29b-4236-9d24-e82a9b116cf1.jpg

Robbie Savage

Ex-Wales midfielder on BBC Radio 5 Live

Aston Villa what are they going to achieve? Staying in the Premier League.

If they achieve that it is going to be a great season for them, they are not winning a cup.

If Manchester City, Spurs or Chelsea come with a massive offer for Jack Grealish, let’s say £80m, I think he’ll go.

He’s far better than Aston Villa.

I hate Savage.

Haha he hates us because we used to wind him up so much. It’s funny seeing his frustration shine through there. 

• Like 2

Â