The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Surely Southgate would have got the nod that Jack was injured, hence this was the true reason he wasn't called up most recently!?. He's not exactly going to come out and say that though as then our opponents would have known he was likely not playing against them (Wolves).

Southgate alluded to it last time that where Jack is playing for us now, he's up against Sterling, Sancho etc for places. However I think Grealish could easily end up at the Euro's at the expense of Mount, Maddison or Barkley.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Not in the slighest. Two different players, Mcmanaman was lighting, two footed, scored goals, played at 100 mile an hour.

Yeh I was thinking the same but I can’t remember him that well. I never remember him being quick but having the ability to just skip past players.

• Like 1

I love Jack, but I just wish he could shoot!

He’s scored the odd goal here and there, but for a player as expressive in the attacking third as he is, his shooting is absolutely shocking. Imagine if Hazard could do all the trickery in the world, but then turned into Tonev when he lashed at goal. That’s how I (harshly, perhaps) view Grealish’s ability.

• Haha 2

The only thing i don't like about grealish is when he fannies about on the edge of our own box trying to trickily jink his way out of danger when sometimes a row Z ball is preferred or at least up the field. It just brings on trouble and he did it again last night in the second half. 

Apart from that, carry on Jack !

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

I love Jack, but I just wish he could shoot!

He’s scored the odd goal here and there, but for a player as expressive in the attacking third as he is, his shooting is absolutely shocking. Imagine if Hazard could do all the trickery in the world, but then turned into Tonev when he lashed at goal. That’s how I (harshly, perhaps) view Grealish’s ability.

Yes he usually tries to score by teasing the ball around the keeper but I think he would be more successful if he could put his foot through it on occasion. After hes done all the hard work on the ball and left opposition defenders in meltdown sometimes he could do with smashing the ball at goal instead of looking for one more pass. Its that fine balance between selfish and team work!  His natural instinct is always team work and of course thats his strongest game.

Edited by birdman
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

The only thing i don't like about grealish is when he fannies about on the edge of our own box trying to trickily jink his way out of danger when sometimes a row Z ball is preferred or at least up the field. It just brings on trouble and he did it again last night in the second half. 

Apart from that, carry on Jack !

I am fine with this, if it was anybody else I wouldn't be but Jack I am perfectly fine with it. He will either find a pass or get fouled.

He got caught out against Tottenham but I think that was him with his Championship hat still on.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Maddison praised him on Insta after his performance.

Always liked Maddison.

that's a strange thing about us and Leicester, I don't think you'll find many villa fans who don't like Maddison and want him in the England team

but any kind of notion that jack should be in there too is met with a torrent of abuse from them about Maddison being better 

they're like wolves fans who don't understand football well enough to see that 2 midfielders can play slightly different roles in the same team meaning they could actually play together rather than needing to be directly compared to each other all the time

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

redknapp on talksport saying if he was Italian or Spanish he would be a national team regular, he'd build the team around him, England have a history of not using that kind of player properly 

He'd have trouble getting into those national sides as well.

Not exactly poor sides.

Should be in the mix for England thou.

Edit: Or is he saying that if he was Italian or Spanish England should build their team around him :D 

Edited by sne

Think the point was more England don't know how to use players of that ilk whereas Spain in particular you can say build their teams around them and are great because of it

We are built around pacey wingers, 100mph central midfielders and brave centre backs 

Jack doesn't fit the England mould like he does other (more successful) nations

35 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Sterling Maddison Grealish

Kane

Southgate would never play that with Barkley and Rashford available

Grealish is twice the player Rashford is in my opinion. I like Barkley, but again, Grealish is a far better footballer. One player I do like is Oxlade Chamberlain. I think he deserves a place somewhere. Good player. 

21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Think the point was more England don't know how to use players of that ilk whereas Spain in particular you can say build their teams around them and are great because of it

We are built around pacey wingers, 100mph central midfielders and brave centre backs 

Jack doesn't fit the England mould like he does other (more successful) nations

Long history of it as you say - Le Tissier, Hoddle, Scholes to an extent (though overstated sometimes as he was usually in the team), etc...

The he's worth the admission fee alone cliché was made for Grealish. He's so good to watch even when the team isn't fully at it. He reminds me of Frenkie de Jong at Barca, they are just on a different page to everyone else and when you watch them the similarities in style are uncanny. The stage is set for him to absolutely run the show at Old Trafford on Sunday.

Edited by villanmac

5 hours ago, Hitzlsperger_12 said:

Surely Southgate would have got the nod that Jack was injured, hence this was the true reason he wasn't called up most recently!?. He's not exactly going to come out and say that though as then our opponents would have known he was likely not playing against them (Wolves).

Southgate alluded to it last time that where Jack is playing for us now, he's up against Sterling, Sancho etc for places. However I think Grealish could easily end up at the Euro's at the expense of Mount, Maddison or Barkley.

He will be injured again by then, plus Championship players don't get in the England squad!

Â