The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Carragher got the nail on the head, when he picks up the ball opponents slow down and watch him, scared of what he’s going to do, it’s not just one defender, it’s 2 or 3, I think during the 2nd half for the one lay off to hourihane it was 4

He described it as a quality that not even the players in the front 3 of Liverpool and city have...

but there’s no stat for it, there’s no highlight for it, you have to watch him every week to get it, he’s not Maddison or mount, he’s different to any player I’ve seen, he’s above Merse for me already, he’s unique and I don’t think neutrals and rivals get it

Did he say that? I’d have to disagree. Players like Mane, Salah, Silva, De Bruyne, Mahrez to name a few have this ability in which is why they are the best around. Sterling has it with pace.  Jack can be on their level but not just yet. Add more goals and he will be.  

That aside he is such a massive player for us. I really hope he stays for many years. Just a joy to watch. Unfortunately it’s inevitable a massive bid will come for him eventually. We just need to enjoy him while he is here. 

• Like 1

Played absoloute  Beautiful football today, glad he's our man.

Some Newcastle fans saying he will now play for a top 6 side lol. Why is it when fans of other clubs always incite our Jack playing for a top six club when tbey finally relise how good he is, in a way its nice but in a way its also annoying. Personally i would not sell for all the money in the world and any club coming in for him can get lost, hes too important and way to valuable to us. Big clubs will try come in and test our Owners resolve on the sale of Jack and possibly John, I'd not budge at all and knock any offers back and I'm pretty sure Wes Edans and Nassef Sawiris will say hands off at some point to all clubs.

Jack is that kind of player that because of what he does if we sold him we would most likely never find a replacement for him never mind struggle to come to terms of the loss of such a fantastic player.

I think Southgate will eventually come out and state Jack needs to be playing for a top 6 club, which will tell us all that we need to know about how our England manager is on there side. Time will tell but i Jack could be best player in england and still not get in the england squad regardless of how well he performs because hes playing for us. Last season in the championship SG said Jack needed to be playing football in the premier and now he is where is SG and where is Jacks chance.

I'm nervous about it all because if Jack doesn't get In, i think there's something dodgy going on and I think they will try to test Jackto see how much he wants national football, they will try make him leave with an ultimatum so he joins one of the big boys (join a top 6 club if you want to be in England squad).

Edited by Dave-R

31 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I really hope he stays for many years. Just a joy to watch. Unfortunately it’s inevitable a massive bid will come for him eventually.  

Massive bid so what we have Owners who have more money than most owners in this league. They already said hands off to Tottenham, ok it was for a few cookies compared to what will come in for him next,. However if our Owners are intent on building a winning premier squad that is stable, our Owners will have to put any bids down or what is the point of all of this.

We're no longer a selling club for a start, winning silverware should be priority along with building this club back up as the best in English football.

We can either be a mid table or lower premier selling club or we can go try blow the lid of this league and compete with the best. You can't do both at the same time can you as you need to get the best out of your stars and constantly add to existing stars, those kind of squads take time to build not to mention using big chunks of cash each window to support your build effort.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Did he say that? I’d have to disagree. Players like Mane, Salah, Silva, De Bruyne, Mahrez to name a few have this ability in which is why they are the best around. Sterling has it with pace.  Jack can be on their level but not just yet. Add more goals and he will be.  

That aside he is such a massive player for us. I really hope he stays for many years. Just a joy to watch. Unfortunately it’s inevitable a massive bid will come for him eventually. We just need to enjoy him while he is here. 

It is different to them. When he has the ball it seems like time stands still and he can just stroll past opponents. Other players work really hard to beat their man but Jack does it effortlessly. In the last 10-15 years the only players who have had that same ability are Messi and iniesta. You passed the ball to them and their defender shits themselves. They didn't beat them with pace or much effort with iniesta it was the shoulder drop and with Messi it was him flicking the ball across to his other feet and defenders couldn't deal with it. Grealish is the same except it seems like he doesn't even use a move to glide past defenders which is what is so unique about him. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Majestic tonight.

One thing he needs to improve though is getting a little more power in his shots.

He's superb, but it fascinates me how poor he is at striking a ball. It's one of the easiest things in football. 

What a beautiful thing to be a once in a generation player and be doing it for your hometown club.

My head tells me he needs better players around him to fulfill his potential but of course my heart wants him to stay with us forever.

He could be better than Gascoigne because he has his head screwed on. His talent is unique - and because he is working hard he is improving all the time.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

It is different to them. When he has the ball it seems like time stands still and he can just stroll past opponents. 

Isn't that called bullet time.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Carragher absolutely did say that Grealish has something that the front 3's at Liverpool and Man City do not have. He commented on how much time Grealish seems to have on the ball and mentioned that his Dad told him, when he first started watching football as a kid, that the best players always seem like they have more time on the ball than the other players and that it was the best compliment he could give Jack. 

Carragher was clearly very impressed by Jack and thinks that just because he doesn't have blistering pace or scores loads of goals it doesn't stop him being a very good player. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, chappy said:

Maybe Southgate isn’t picking him so he can unleash him as a secret weapon in the Euros

Let’s hope so. Somehow I doubt it though. 

Could Mount, Barkley, Alle or Lingard beat players with ease like Jack does , Absolutely not. If Southgate can’t see how unique and special Grealish is then England will never progress 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

It is different to them. When he has the ball it seems like time stands still and he can just stroll past opponents. Other players work really hard to beat their man but Jack does it effortlessly. In the last 10-15 years the only players who have had that same ability are Messi and iniesta. You passed the ball to them and their defender shits themselves. They didn't beat them with pace or much effort with iniesta it was the shoulder drop and with Messi it was him flicking the ball across to his other feet and defenders couldn't deal with it. Grealish is the same except it seems like he doesn't even use a move to glide past defenders which is what is so unique about him. 

im the same, sounds daft but trying to explain how jack plays is like messi but you mention the 2 in the same sentence and the overrated comment will come straight up

what I mean by that is try and explain how jack beat a man, did he do a drag back, a step over, a feint...nah he just kind of did...he just glides past them with no "skill"

I think part of what Carragher allures to is the ability to draw in multiple players as well, like he said they're scared of him, they close down him, they double and triple up on him, you cant do that vs city or Liverpool, you cant put 3 men on firmino or sterling because the quality in the midfield means they'll just bypass you, that's why I want to see him play for England and I dread to think of it but one day if he leaves then a really big (non English) CL team, surrounded by better players with more time and space on the ball and more movement around him, I think if he steps up a level he will be better

• Like 2

Just now, villalad21 said:

I wonder how the Wolves game would have went if Jack was fit. One can only speculate but i think we would have come away with at least a draw

maybe more confidence which would have helped us, definitely an outlet so we would be better on the ball but in reality it was wolves shape and our inability to defend it that killed us

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Some praise that.  If he plays like this week in week out there’s not a chance he won’t get called up for England.  

This thing is we are starting him on the left but he pretty much has a free role. Southgate would not want to play him that way so he probably has a dilemma of how he would fit in to how he wants to set his team up. I reckon that’s why he was hesitant to call him up.   Either way he is pure quality and he has to be part of the setup.

I’m glad there’s no Internationals until March though.

• Like 1

Â