Jump to content
kevangrealish

Jack Grealish

Recommended Posts

Really good performance from Grealish and such a special player.

Didn't get the goal he deserved but a pleasure to watch him running the show.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Sane opinion - nonsense post. 

He was magnificent tonight. Best player on the pitch.

And was weak with his shots. Why is everything black and white with you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

 

Didn't get the goal he deserved but a pleasure to watch him running the show.

He definitely ran the game, but I don't agree he deserved a goal, his shooting was atrocious, it's the weakest aspect of his game, IMO. How many shots did he clearing in the woods over the bar from the edge of the area? It's the one thing I think he really needs to work on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Enda said:

He was magnificent tonight. Best player on the pitch.

And was weak with his shots. Why is everything black and white with you?

I'd be taking a long, hard look at myself if I was rushing to be as negative as possible and that's all I had to say about Grealish after what was a top class performance. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lexicon said:

I'd be taking a long, hard look at myself if I was rushing to be as negative as possible and that's all I had to say about Grealish after what was a top class performance. 

Talk about dramatic 😂

After the match I said he was magnificent. I agree with you if that's as negative as possible I should get another job.

Sure we'll just keep you happy and say 100% of his shots tonight were simply awe-inspiring. Good stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Enda said:

Talk about dramatic 😂

After the match I said he was magnificent. I agree with you if that's as negative as possible I should get another job.

Sure we'll just keep you happy and say 100% of his shots tonight were simply awe-inspiring. Good stuff.

He didn't have a clean opportunity to shoot tonight - he could have done better but it simply doesn't matter when you play very, very well and your team win easily. Awaiting your comments in the Smith thread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he stays fit we will stay up - no doubt about that. He's absolutely crucial to everything we do.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Carragher got the nail on the head, when he picks up the ball opponents slow down and watch him, scared of what he’s going to do, it’s not just one defender, it’s 2 or 3, I think during the 2nd half for the one lay off to hourihane it was 4

He described it as a quality that not even the players in the front 3 of Liverpool and city have...

but there’s no stat for it, there’s no highlight for it, you have to watch him every week to get it, he’s not Maddison or mount, he’s different to any player I’ve seen, he’s above Merse for me already, he’s unique and I don’t think neutrals and rivals get it

I agree, early on in the game in watched him jog a ball about 40 or 50 yards up the pitch. People just dont try to tackle him. I love him playing higher up the pitch as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Carragher got the nail on the head, when he picks up the ball opponents slow down and watch him, scared of what he’s going to do, it’s not just one defender, it’s 2 or 3, I think during the 2nd half for the one lay off to hourihane it was 4

He described it as a quality that not even the players in the front 3 of Liverpool and city have...

but there’s no stat for it, there’s no highlight for it, you have to watch him every week to get it, he’s not Maddison or mount, he’s different to any player I’ve seen, he’s above Merse for me already, he’s unique and I don’t think neutrals and rivals get it

I think you are spot on apart from the bold. They all get it...believe me. What to do about it though is what they can't figure out. He is literally the closest player to Gascoigne this Country has produced since and I know the top clubs would all love to have him. There are times in every game when he is surrounded by 3,4,5 players and still takes the proverbial. Only special players do that.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He got an assist for that Conor free kick didn't he?, as Conor rolled it to him and he stopped it, then Conor hit the free kick in.

So.....an assist apparently?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Gareth Southgate you are a muppet. Imagine damage England could do with Chilwell or Alexander Arnold supporting Jack. Kane would have a field day 

Bet top 4 clubs ar bribing Southgate to leave him out, he has to play for a top 4 club to get a call up scenario! Wish he would have chose ireland  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is an unbelievable talent and ghosts past players with ease. There was one stage today where he was near the touch line in the halfway line and went past 5 players like they weren’t there. My only criticism of him tonight is that I thought he was trying too hard for a goal (Trying improve stats for Southgate??), there were a couple of time when he could have played someone else in which possibly would have been more beneficial. This is normally his forte as his weight and choice of pass is superb 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â