The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

They call us deluded yet in the last few weeks I've heard, Jimenez is better than Aguero, Boly is the best centre back in the whole league, Neves is one of the best midfielders in the world and the very best striker of the ball, and Moutinho is up there too.

With that in mind, they're clearly the best team in the world and I can't figure out why they have 18 points less than Liverpool.

On 12/11/2019 at 21:05, danceoftheshamen said:

It is getting worrying now, all these injuries just as we are due to play the one game on paper we have the biggest chance of 3 points from for the next 6 games!

Newcastle will be very tough, they will be out to get one in for Bruce as will Clark. They keep picking up results too, won at Arsenal, won at West Ham Beat Man U etc.

Must admit i am starting to get very concerned about the next half dozen games off the back of 3 straight losses too.

We need at least 5 points from them in my opinion which would put us on 16 from 18 games but with a load of the toughest fixtures done.

I'm not too worried at the moment. Generally been very decent albeit without the points we deserved although you could argue silly mistakes don't deserve points! I believe we'll come out ok from the next run of games - 4 points from next 3 at least I hope.

I really really want Jack and the rest of the lads to destroy Newcastle though - i cant stand some of their clueless fans! Some idiot was asking what all the hype was about with Grealish and I reminded him that they all thought Milner was crap when they sold him to us all those years ago. Absolute weapons.

On 12/11/2019 at 21:05, danceoftheshamen said:

It is getting worrying now, all these injuries just as we are due to play the one game on paper we have the biggest chance of 3 points from for the next 6 games!

Newcastle will be very tough, they will be out to get one in for Bruce as will Clark. They keep picking up results too, won at Arsenal, won at West Ham Beat Man U etc.

Must admit i am starting to get very concerned about the next half dozen games off the back of 3 straight losses too.

We need at least 5 points from them in my opinion which would put us on 16 from 18 games but with a load of the toughest fixtures done.

but they have Bruce.....so we are bound to win.

Funny how our 3 best players.....Grealish McGinn and Mings.....all have "fire in the belly"

that's what we are missing.

its not enough.

Edited by TRO

Here's what I think.

Grealish is comfortably a better player right now than Hudson-Odoi, Mount, Ox-Chamberlain, Winks.

Don't even talk about muck that shouldn't be near the squad like Delph, Barkley and Lingard. 

He'll be so gutted he wasn't in that squad because it's over now I think. He'll need so many injuries to get into the final friendlies one before the Euros. Even then it's unlikely he'd be in the full tournament squad, there's too many been incorrectly placed ahead of him.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 15/11/2019 at 15:20, wilko154 said:

Things you love to see on a Friday... Jack Grealish back in training.

EJawI9hW4AA1k-z?format=jpg&name=large

I find this terrifying: The holders of the house cup playing a formation of:

Guilbert Hause Tayls   

Jota.        Grealish 

Kodj

Love that Jack’s back in training but this underlines the need to invest in January. With Wes away, I’m assuming they were also the only team in the House Cup with a fit striker?! 

15 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Here's what I think.

Grealish is comfortably a better player right now than Hudson-Odoi, Mount, Ox-Chamberlain, Winks.

Don't even talk about muck that shouldn't be near the squad like Delph, Barkley and Lingard. 

He'll be so gutted he wasn't in that squad because it's over now I think. He'll need so many injuries to get into the final friendlies one before the Euros. Even then it's unlikely he'd be in the full tournament squad, there's too many been incorrectly placed ahead of him.

Hudson Odoi didn't play well last night, kept losing the ball and I personally don't think he looks ready yet, which gives Jack a chance. Chamberlain and Winks are different types of player, not Winks biggest fan but he does a solid job. Oxlade Chamberlain is actually pretty decent but has been unlucky with injuries. Mount has been rather fortunate playing for Chelsea seeing as Southgate seems to pick all their players, but has done pretty well this season to be fair.

I honestly can't understand Southgate not picking him on three separate occasions when he could have done so. I sort of got September as he wasn't playing too well then, but in October he should have been in after very good performances against Arsenal and Norwich. But then he had a final chance this month to see what he could do to give him an idea of if he is someone he wants to take to Euro 2020, and he ignored him again. His injury might have been one factor but Southgate never mentioned that as a reason so I suspect he was just being a twa* towards him again. I'm still hopeful he gets called up in March if he can stay fit for us and perform to the standards he is capable of, but it is looking more unlikely he'll make the tournament sadly. It's a shame as he really wants to be in there and I think he would do really well in that team feeding the likes of Sterling, Kane and Sancho. 

I'm obviously biased towards one of our own, but I also don't get Southgate's reluctance to play Maddison. Got 30 mins the other night and then last night didn't even come on as sub. This is why I think Southgate is out of his depth, too many favourites and everyone can see clear as daylight that both Jack and Maddison would improve that England team's midfield and would offer something different. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I find this terrifying: The holders of the house cup playing a formation of:

Guilbert Hause Tayls   

Jota.        Grealish 

Kodj

Love that Jack’s back in training but this underlines the need to invest in January. With Wes away, I’m assuming they were also the only team in the House Cup with a fit striker?! 

What's more terrifying is that the only reason they won is because Jack was in their mini-team.

We are so reliant on him on so many levels. He's just a level above. 

I think I love him. 

• Like 2

Bit late but just reading from few days back that Sherwood who is probably Jack biggest fan in the media, thinks he should start for England ahead of Maddison and Mount. Called him a Gazza like talent and is only missing goals from his game

On 22/11/2019 at 20:11, Zatman said:

Bit late but just reading from few days back that Sherwood who is probably Jack biggest fan in the media, thinks he should start for England ahead of Maddison and Mount. Called him a Gazza like talent and is only missing goals from his game

He is missing goals from his game because he has to take on too much responsibility.

In a side with better players he would score more.

On 22/11/2019 at 20:11, Zatman said:

I know he’s widely criticised, but Sherwood for all his fault could spot good youth talent. I agree with his assessment of jack, England don’t have another player who can move with the ball like him.

• Like 1

It's a tradition in international football to have a mediocre manager who ignores a once-in-a-generation talent for bullshit reasons.

Raymond Domenech didn't pick Robert Pires because he was a Scorpio. Redondo (one of the greatest defensive mids of all time) couldn't get in the Argentina team because the gaffer had banned long hair.

Let's face it, nowadays you become an international manager because you aren't good enough to manage the clubs you want to manage. Southgate is a decent enough international manager, but he can't think outside the box. He literally can't work out how to integrate a player like Grealish or Maddison into his "system".

If Klopp can integrate a player like Shaqiri into Liverpool's system, then there is definitely a place for Grealish in the England setup, regardless of what Southgate's philosophy is.

The whole thing stinks of second rate, political management - exactly the management that will get us through the Euro 2020 group stage before going out "honourably" against Belgium or France. Then we'll have to endure another 2 years of softly spoken bollocks.

I wouldn't care really if I thought it was good for Villa, but my worry is that it will affect Jack's confidence and put English players off joining Villa. At least we've got Mings and Heaton flying the flag.

• Like 3

Â