The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I imagine today has been a bit of a sobering watch for anyone thinking we were going to have a comfortable time in the premier league without him playing.

Are we all forgetting we barely won a game without him for three months in the championship?

We  need him back badly for Newcastle. And Engels and Heaton. And hope Mings hasn't badly damaged his groin playing on for last 20 minutes.

It's hard enough to win games at this level with full strength teams of course.

• Like 3

I'm sorry but we're still very much a 1 man team. Without Grealish our forward players have no idea what to do and our midfield have no idea what to do. 

I'd actually forgot just how much he carries this club. We basically can't afford him to ever get injured which is a serious problem. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Thought he passed a fitness test before Liverpool, so how is he still not fit a week later ?

Maybe it's worse than they thought. This happened last season when he was only supposed to be out 2-3 weeks.

Let's hope it's not similar. We need him back for Newcastle.

46 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

The game against Wolves was crying out for Grealish, especially second-half.

Yep think he'd have lots of joy playing inbetween the lines of their middle two and back 3. Bad game for him to miss.

It's the little things you miss with him aswell. The dribbles that mean we buy ourself time with him keeping the ball and then winning the free kicks which can help us build up momentum. And of course always offering him as an outlet coming short for the midfield guys to pass to him.

Without him it all looked a bit clueless and hit and hope when we had the ball I'm afraid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Thought he passed a fitness test before Liverpool, so how is he still not fit a week later ?

Not correct. He failed a fitness test before Liverpool as Smith said after that game, which is why he didn’t play.

43 minutes ago, Elton said:

Not correct. He failed a fitness test before Liverpool as Smith said after that game, which is why he didn’t play.

I thought he passed a test on the Friday night, but then said himself on Saturday morning he wasn't right ?

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

I thought he passed a test on the Friday night, but then said himself on Saturday morning he wasn't right ?

I think the noises coming out before the Liverpool game are Smith not wanting to show his hand to our opponents. He went onto say Grealish was still feeling pain and wouldn’t play unless he was 100% fit. He also said he was yet to train as of Fridays press conference.

Â