The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Southgate is a world class idiot and was very lucky to get to the semi finals last year, he's a shite manager, showed it at Boro. I'm happy for Grealish to not be involved for now since I want him fit for us but long term it's pretty important that he gets into the England squad whilst here, we don't want him looking to move on because he feels he can't fulfil ambitions here.

• Like 2

Getting deja vu from last season. "Just shin splints" turned into 3 months. Hope his loss doesn't affect us too badly. We were looking to be comfortably out of a relegation fight with him, hope we don't get sucked in if he misses too many games.

• Like 2

In fairness to Southgate, starting to wonder now if DS has asked him to keep Jack out of the squad this time round as he's carrying this injury, but to make it out to be a tactical thing as a courtesy to the club.

Remember all the furore around Roberto Martinez announcing that Vertonghen was injured when Spurs were keeping it secret?

Can’t see him featuring until Newcastle and that’s assuming he’s ready by then. If he’s only 50/50 then I can see how Smith plays him. He won’t and he probably shouldn’t either to avoid making things worse. 

He’s essential to our hopes of survival so we need to be sensible with him. Like we were last season. 

On 08/11/2019 at 19:32, Hobbit Feet said:

Just read on sky sports news that Ross Barkley is injured and won’t be in the Chelsea squad, will be interesting to see if Southgate keeps his word And calls up Jack if he doesn’t make it.

Let's hope, but I think SG is a god damn lunatic that is power drunk and is a manager made from the old class that has his favourites. To me he's one of those managers who doesnt hand out england squad chances to youngsters unless you are in the top six or seven in the prem. I'd even say that someone in Jacks position, he will still be kept out by playes of the top six or seven clubs no matter how good he does, even if they are on the bench or in the squad for those top clubs. Its disgusting because it really does all look as if someone is getting handouts from the top clubs to either develop players for the top bunch on an international level or keep them in the public eye long for them to make a name for themselves anyhow. Remember that clubs gain extra funds for each player on international duty, there's an awful lot of money at stake for the top clubs, but I'm speaking about conspiracy and conspiracy always gets downplayed and it just never really happens does it.

I fear that SG is keeping Jack out of England on purpose for what reason though?? It's not as if SG didn't already land himself in it when he said Jack needs to be playing prem football, SG has proven he will go back on his words time and time again regarding Jack so I don't trust the guy to give Jack a chance.

Look at Jacks stats, they speak for themself in regards to being compared to many of the England players already in that squad.

Yeah SG in absoloute BONKERS for what reason though is the question, there's just way to  many reasons it could be as to why he hasn't chosen Jack Grealish yet, all of those reasons are deeply worrying if not damn annoying.

7 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I think SG is a god damn lunatic that is power drunk and is a manager made from the old class that has his favourites. To me he's one of those managers who doesnt hand out england squad chances to youngsters unless you are in the top six or seven in the prem

This is the full 100% wrong. I’m actually staggered that anyone could be that wrong.

Southgate almost reluctantly took over the full team from his position as under 21s manager when fat Sam was sacked for drinking pints of wine or whatever it was. Since he’s been in the job, he’s consistently picked youngsters from all over and given them a chance. He’s also given players like Tyrone Mings his chance. On Jack, he’s said he’s very very close. Barkley scored 2 goals for England in his last game, I think. England’s team got to the semi final of the World Cup. It’s not a bad side. It doesn’t need continual changes, picking whoever is the latest name to be picked up by the media. Jack will get in, he’s too good not to, but he has no right to automatically be picked when others are also playing really well. Competition for a few places is really tough. Jack’s injury timing didn’t help either . Southgate is the opposite of all the accusations you make.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, blandy said:

This is the full 100% wrong. I’m actually staggered that anyone could be that wrong.

Southgate almost reluctantly took over the full team from his position as under 21s manager when fat Sam was sacked for drinking pints of wine or whatever it was. Since he’s been in the job, he’s consistently picked youngsters from all over and given them a chance. He’s also given players like Tyrone Mings his chance. On Jack, he’s said he’s very very close. Barkley scored 2 goals for England in his last game, I think. England’s team got to the semi final of the World Cup. It’s not a bad side. It doesn’t need continual changes, picking whoever is the latest name to be picked up by the media. Jack will get in, he’s too good not to, but he has no right to automatically be picked when others are also playing really well. Competition for a few places is really tough. Jack’s injury timing didn’t help either . Southgate is the opposite of all the accusations you make.

That was then this is now, he's changed and that happens.

• Haha 1

Strangely, the Guardian has him starting today and hasn't even put him in as doubtful, do they know something we don't?: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/nov/09/wolves-aston-villa-match-preview-premier-league

Either way, if you take Jack out of that team and put Douglas Luiz in it's still a good side and there's enough quality there to get something at Wolves. We will miss Jack's quality in the final third though so fingers crossed he does make today. 

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I really fear his injury is worse than they are letting on. They did the same last time he was injured and he ended up being out for months. 

Don't really see what they'd have to gain from doing that again. He was said to be 50-50 for today's game so will probably be back next week.

Edited by Mantis

Â