The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Staggering that he isn’t made it in. Has created more changes in the Premier League than any other English player, was shortlisted for player of the month for October and yet Southgate doesn’t pick him. It’s just baffling, more so when the likes of Oxlade, Delph and Barkley are ahead of him. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Isnt this the same Southgate who wanted to leave Villa to consistently challenge for trophies yet went to Boro. Once a rocket polisher always a rocket polisher

I assume something happened at Under 21 level when Southgate was manager as cant think of anything else

He's just a collection of contradictions. Such a weird character.

30 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He might as well declare back for Ireland. If Southgate picks part timer footballers and old men ahead of him he's on a hiding to nothing with England. 

I was thinking the exact same thing.....If I was Jack, I would go where I am wanted and possibly revered.

be a hero Jack, like George Best for NI or Paul McGrath for Eire

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Grateful Southgate is a fool. Means Jack wont get injured.

Why do you think he’s a fool? He was an excellent player and he got England to the World Cup semi final, so in my book, that makes him an excellent manager too

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why do you think he’s a fool? He was an excellent player and he got England to the World Cup semi final, so in my book, that makes him an excellent manager too

Southgate is a bang average manager who got lucky in that tournament. Tactically average, but he’s scandal free so hence the FA like him. 
Outside of football he’s got a reputation as being a bellend. Ask the folk where he lives.

Besides that what has he achieved as a manager?

• Like 2

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

As others mentioned. Because he has no idea how he wants his team to play, doesnt have any idea what talent England has , limits his selections pretty much to the usual suspect teams and has underachieved with the world class talent he has. 

His main strength as @kent_villa noted is he handles the press ok. Which is a strength in a national job I admit. 

But flip it, if Smith left Villa tomorrow and you wanted to stay in the Premier League this season and you had your pick of Premeier League managers & Southgate how high up would Southgate be in your interview list?

Because for me he would be 19th, maybe 20th.

Missing that liverpool game was crucial. If he'd played we would have won and he'd be in the squad. I would be outside Dean Smiths house revving the nuts out of my ferrari tonight.

Now Jack has got to do it the hard way. Obviously Southgate is using every excuse in the book not to pick him. Why? He knows when grealish is england captin he will be the new beckham. He'll basically be running the team. The squad will be pap'd on a regular basis. Boring Southgate will be finsihed.

The hard bit for Jack is getting in. putting in consistence performances takes ages the only way to do it is hit the headlines every weekend.

Bend one in the top corner at old trafford. hatricks from midfield at all the london clubs. some outrageous double step over skills to mug off harry mcguire and other england defenders during prem games etc etc.

Lets be honest he's only done anything against Norwich It's time to hurt the big clubs and the big players.

43 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

that must make Roberto Martinez and Chris Coleman excellent managers as well. He got Boro relegated and his under 21 team finished bottom of the group in the Euros

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Grealish has only played an handful of games for us as winger in the premier league, he's made even less appearances in that position than Hudson-Odoi, I'm sure if he carries on his form he'll get a chance. It's pointless saying he's better than this and that central midfielder as they all play in completey different position to him and have completely different roles. I don't really feel like explaining this but In a way Grealish is too good for England would have been better off being Spanish

40 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Missing that liverpool game was crucial. If he'd played we would have won and he'd be in the squad. I would be outside Dean Smiths house revving the nuts out of my ferrari tonight

Dean Smith injured Jack? Wow I didn’t know that. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

Maddison and Jack behind a striker, heaven. 

Wow .. I got a little firm just thinking about that.

That would be one happy striker !!!

It will come, most likely when Delph stands aside. But a stinker of a decision though, a proper stinker, and Southgate’s reasoning just doesn’t stand up: Delph, Hudson-Odoi, Winks and Oxlade Chamberlain for me could all have missed out to better playing Jack. Jacks getting better too.

Â