The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

If he doesn't get in this squad that's it for euros chances which really is just silly. No one else can do what he can.

Southgate is out of his depth and getting by by tickling media balls just like Bruce does.

I'm not fussed to be honest but I don't want it affecting his confidence for Villa.

Joke by Southgate. Last year ‘he needs to be playing in the premier league’, This year ‘is’ playing in the premier league after captaining a side to promotion and performing so well. I mean why not just put him in squad to take a look at him, what has Hudson Odoi achieved the last 12 months and in fact this season he’s been injured most of it. Jack is going to think he needs to move on in January or summer because it’s obviously going to affect him.

Edited by Hobbit Feet
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

also seen southgate say in reality he's trying to get in to the position where we already have sterling, rashford and odoi (!)

saying Hudson-odoi who's just back from injury and not starting every game says a lot but more telling for me is that southgate sees him as a left winger and nothing else

that's a big thing for the rest of grealish's career and any plans he'd ever have of leaving us for a bigger team, that's where he's playing, he's not being shifted about, he's not getting a free role, crazy to think that southgate cant see him in a behind the striker of 3 of him, sterling and Sancho but can see barkley and mount in there

• Like 1

Happy to not have him play the extra games from our point of view. Southgate looks a bit stupid on this one though, not only not picking him, but then saying it's because he has forwards that are better than him. He's better in the middle than Mount, Winks, Delph, Oxlade-Chamberlain or Barkley. Gareth not only doesn't like him; he doesn't know what he is.

• Like 1

It is absolutely staggering that the most in-form English midfielder in October doesn't get an England call-up, especially as it seems it's not injury related.

Of course competition is tough, and if he is to play out wide there's little chance he would get past the likes of Sterling, Sancho or Maddison. But I would still expect Southgate to find room in the squad given his unbelievable recent form. The man's in the WhoScored European team of the month, and doesn't get a call up for a European qualifier.

I am beginning to wonder if Southgate is trying to play to the crowd by not picking him. He will know that Grealish is almost universally hated by fans of other teams and doesn't want the backlash by picking him. Perhaps he feels he cannot yet trust Grealish to win the rest of the country's support. It's wild speculation, but possible.

On a side note, it's not just Grealish's non-inclusion that is ridiculous - Jack O'Connell has kept 5 clean sheets and only conceded 8 goals for Sheffield United, the lowest in the league - and he's nowhere near the squad. Meanwhile Joe Gomez gets a call up having played 96 minutes of league football this season. Unbelievable just doesn't cut it.

I understand the point of not having extra games for him is much better for us but I just really want to see him in that England squad. Gutted for him as he absolutely deserved to be involved this time round. 

Southgate "it's hard because he's up against Hudson-Odoi"

Yep, nice one Gareth:

Hudson Odoi - career total 17 appearances for Chelsea, 90%+ from the bench = no goals

Can really see why that would be a head scratcher for ya Gareth, effing gimp that you are.

Edited by bannedfromHandV
  • Like 3

Just heard Southgate say as well ‘I watched him against Brighton, he played well but they only had 10 men’ Jesus now your clutching at excuses, what is Jack suppose to do? Ask one of our players to walk off so it’s a level playing field? I’m pretty sure he was playing out of his skin when they had 11. I’m really annoyed.

• Like 1

It’s quite ridiculous he's not in again. 

Southgate says he can’t call him up in the Championship. He is now playing and performing in the PL in a new side that is in transition. Imagine what he can do in a vibrant and confident England side playing alongside Sancho, Kane and Sterling.

As has been pointed out he’s not in competition with Rashford or Sterling, who are pacey wide players. He’s in competition with Mount, Maddison, Alli and Barkley and the latter should have been excluded having not started for Chelsea in their last FIVE games.

On the one hand it’s good that it keeps him fresh for us, but he should be in that squad and by not being selected it may be a big blow to him making Euro 2020.. His only hope may be that Mount or someone pulls out injured this time and he gets a late call.

When the likes of Delph and Barkley get in over him you do wonder about Southgate. I was really looking forward to seeing what he can do in an England shirt. Should spur him on if he starts on Sunday at least.

5 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Just heard Southgate say as well ‘I watched him against Brighton, he played well but they only had 10 men’ Jesus now your clutching at excuses, what is Jack suppose to do? Ask one of our players to walk off so it’s a level playing field? I’m pretty sure he was playing out of his skin when they had 11. I’m really annoyed.

they had 10 men because 1 of them fouled grealish...

they should have had 9 because of fouls on him

4 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Did he really! That's funny.

Making himself look a mug. We've got a great young squad and a manager who doesn't know what he's doing.

Â