The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Have you reassessed your thoughts on us being a one man team?

Even at the time I thought implying that he's much better than the rest of the team was strong (I think Grealish, Mings and McGinn are our three best players, and all three have a similar ceiling in how far they can go), but the game against Liverpool surely shows that we're not a one-man team, and that we have other options available if he's out.

(Despite the fact that we lost! Obviously!)

I was pleasantly surprised but ironically I do think it’s against the big teams we would miss Jack the least. It’s against teams around us that we need to win I think we could massively struggle without Jack.   Especially at home when we need to try and break them down.  So maybe one man team is harsh but I do think he would be the different between us winning games or not. 

Having said that you could argue Liverpool wouldn’t be where they are without Mane. Time and time again he is the difference between draw/defeat and 3 points. 

Had he not been on the pitch Saturday we would have won that game. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I think Grealish, Mings and McGinn are our three best players, and all three have a similar ceiling in how far they can go

I agree at the moment they are the best three players, but personally I think Mings and McGinn are close to their highest level, Grealish has more levels to go. He’s starting to settle in the Prem now, he’ll get an England call up soon and will then kick on. 

Edited by mikeyp102

So if the this season pans out as we hope and we survive in the Prem, how would people feel if he left after this season?

1) Will he have done his 'duty' by staying with the club that helped establish his talents on the big stage and be let go with best wishes.

2) Should really give us another year to see if the club can match his ambition and if not go at the end of next season when he's 25 going on 26

3) Never leave. What's better than captaining your home town club,  being close to your family and being paid very well for it.

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Don't like the sound of Smith hoping he'll train on Thursday. Thought he'd nearly made the Liverpool match?

Yeah, I thought that he was training at the end of last week!

Hope there haven't been any complications.

Either way, I doubt he will manage the full 90 on Sunday. I personally would bench him and only bring him on if we really need to i.e. if we are losing or being dominated in midfield.

10 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

So if the this season pans out as we hope and we survive in the Prem, how would people feel if he left after this season?

1) Will he have done his 'duty' by staying with the club that helped establish his talents on the big stage and be let go with best wishes.

2) Should really give us another year to see if the club can match his ambition and if not go at the end of next season when he's 25 going on 26

3) Never leave. What's better than captaining your home town club,  being close to your family and being paid very well for it.

This for me.

I said that if we didn't get promotion last season (which for a long time was looking unlikely) we would lose Jack at the end of the season so what a relief for us all that we managed to achieve promotion and nothing can take away the fact he led us back to the Premier League.

I sincerely hope we stay up this season and our owners / management show serious ambition in the summer transfer window and Jack feels like there is a real chance of success staying at his boyhood club, but I would respect his decision to leave should he go to another club such as Liverpool, Man City ETC - as horrible as it would be!

Hope he is fit for Sunday, if he is then a definite starter for me.

• Like 2

I really don't want him going off to England if he isn't fit. He'll push himself to get on the pitch once here's there and we have probably our biggest match so far when he gets back. A must win at home v Newcastle

On 05/11/2019 at 19:27, Keyblade said:

We're definitely much less of a one man team than last season. We completely fell apart without him last year and then came roaring back when he came back. We have the players to cope with his loss now.

Not so sure about this. We have Hourihane ofcourse... 

Mmmm starting to look like Gareth is really not a fan. Not good news for us if Jack feels he has to move to get his chance. He'd have been in the squad for 12 months if he'd have moved to Spurs. 

Ross Barkley barely gets a look in at Chelsea and gets called up over Jack who is rated the top player in Europe a couple of weeks back. 

Â