The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

On 31/10/2019 at 16:54, villalad21 said:

Why is he hated by other club's fans?

The better he plays the more they hate him. When they hate our entire team we’ll be top of the league. We’ve had ten years of being irrelevant, pitied or basically ignored. Bring on the hate!

5 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

The better he plays the more they hate him. When they hate our entire team we’ll be top of the league. We’ve had ten years of being irrelevant, pitied or basically ignored. Bring on the hate!

20 years I'd say, I think John Gregory's team was our last relevent squad.

10 hours ago, Keyblade said:

The lack of respect for Jack's game is really annoying. People really think if you're not playing for a top 6 clubs then you can't be a quality player.

There are many teams who have a Jack like player outside of the top 6, that player the fans would not sell for all the money on earth, at least I hope they think like that because I wouldn't in Jacks case, he's irreplaceable.

The top six and there fans are a privileged bunch and for to long see them as the only thing worthy in the premier. It's about time the rest made them see that all there 60 mill plus players can be touched by the other gems in the club's from the league. 

Clubs like ours now need to go make a name by toppling the big guns, make them see that they are not it, i hope we can more than make a giant slaying or two, we could of done it against spurs and arsenal, we just need to learn to hold out and there will be upsets.

We will learn how to upset overtime and when we do against the likes of man city, Liverpool, arsenal, man u and Chelsea we will then be hated so much and it will mostly be because we didn't spend 60 mill and up on players.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dave-R said:

20 years I'd say, I think John Gregory's team was our last relevent squad.

I think under MON we were competitive for a season or two until everyone else knew our game and MON had no plan B. Not that I have a great deal of time for him in general and the way in which he left was for me unforgivable and done purely in self interest. Very average manager who benefited from, at that time anyway, a benevolent owner. What a wasted opportunity that was, imagine a decent manager who cared about the club and not himself with that sort of backing back then. Perhaps we may be on the brink of that situation now.

Keeping Jack and building around him will be very important. Gutted he’s out today. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think under MON we were competitive for a season or two until everyone else knew our game and MON had no plan B. Not that I have a great deal of time for him in general and the way in which he left was for me unforgivable and done purely in self interest. Very average manager who benefited from, at that time anyway, a benevolent owner. What a wasted opportunity that was, imagine a decent manager who cared about the club and not himself with that sort of backing back then. Perhaps we may be on the brink of that situation now.

Keeping Jack and building around him will be very important. Gutted he’s out today. 

To be fair we were competitive for 3 seasons under MON (6th three times in a row).

However with the money he spent we really should have got top 4 at least once, if we had managed that we could probably have sustained it better.

The reason the money dried up was Lerner had put all his eggs in the finish 4th basket and we didn't achieve it.

MON asked for even more money after failing to achieve 4th and Lerner said.....nope, leading to MON having a wobble and quitting.

In hindsight MON failed to achieve considering the resources he had when Lerner was actually pumping money in to the club.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

Always remember MON for good things until he joined Villa, he disgusted me and because of him he left us in a right hole from what I can remember. His attitude and loyalty shocked me and that's why I disregard him or the team around him as being relevent, cant stand the guy.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, MaVilla said:

To be fair we were competitive for 3 seasons under MON (6th three times in a row).

However with the money he spent we really should have got top 4 at least once, if we had managed that we could probably have sustained it better.

The reason the money dried up was Lerner had put all his eggs in the finish 4th basket and we didn't achieve it.

MON asked for even more money after failing to achieve 4th and Lerner said.....nope, leading to MON having a wobble and quitting.

In hindsight MON failed to achieve considering the resources he had when Lerner was actually pumping money in to the club.

Plus Lerner had to go through a divorce. Don’t get me started on MON’s failure to be break the top 4. Heskey... ‘shudders’

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

What a shame for Jack. He would have shined today on the big stage.  The game was absolutely made for him. I am 100% sure we would have won had Jack played. 

Last 20 minutes we needed a player to hold the ball up the pitch and win fouls

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Plus Lerner had to go through a divorce. Don’t get me started on MON’s failure to be break the top 4. Heskey... ‘shudders’

Marlon Harewood and Zac Knight , letting Cahill go............

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, tinker said:

Marlon Harewood and Zac Knight , letting Cahill go............

Cahill was big mistake let him go by Mon even he was better perform cos laursen was injury until he back form I think he and laursen should partner if he injury so he partner with mellberg what will good partner better than knight-davis even laursen retired few month later (even laursen and mellberg was best combi partner that Mon never play together cos put mellberg even NRC out of position) also Steve Davis, Peter Whittington he both should have keep as rotate yet potential future starter premiership as well, even save money (he was rid both penny cheap even Steven Davis was did brilliant even out of position, Peter Whittington was brilliant left foot who is good left winger also capable play centre midfield yet we were play 2 right feets winger until downing arrive)

My memory is not great might my mistake.

Anyway

Jack is due back next games as he just back training?

I am suspire we manage without him until 87 mins, as we got Luiz and marvelous good balance in midfield with mcginn ideal against big club but we still got problem.

we lack creating chance by pass or draw foul to wind down our energy as we too much burst energy to better closed down and protected backline and midfield..

Is it possible can effectively drag of position in mirco to few seconds might that explains our concession by lapsed mistake? Again it is not only grealish I wonder what source lapsed mistake cos position or player concreting? 

On 31/10/2019 at 09:54, villalad21 said:

Why is he hated by other club's fans?

Well, most of the haters are one of those:

-a bluenose

-a tesco bag

-a dingle

Not only Jack, look at them when we bought Mings, its as we took money out of their pockets. Then when he went to England team, look at their comments.

Some of them are fair, I don't mind hating because of rivalry (with admiring the performance). But just hate and try and say he's a bad player. Even Pep said something about Jack which he would rarely say about someone else.

Yeah I would agree it mainly neighbouring clubs that somehow hate him the most.

If you go on fan forums after matches, you will always see a small percentage hate Jack, really most admire him for the player he is and respect him for the talent he has.

It's never I hate the guys skill or talent, always hate something that's attached to him,  footwear, clothing, hair and so on.

There has been a few that have took hate to complete disrespectful levels, absoloute disgusting. Those so called sorry excuse for human beings we've found to be fans of City and brom, not sure if I ever recall a wolves fan going that far and out of line yet. I think the hate that's built up over decades from derby days has spurred some on to the extreme, it's uncalled for. The good thing though is many fans at these neighbouring clubs have often condemned these idiots who think they are bad going after 5 mins of fame by attacking one of our players, i would do the same amd condemn any fan attacking any player with abuse that shouldnt even be in football.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Leeds fans have developed an unhealthy dislike of him too.  Oh well, they’ll never have to worry about playing against him again.

Leeds are another team that's absolutely **** stupid for hating him, their man nearly snapped his leg in half with a tackle he was incredibly lucky to get away with....boooooooooooooooooooooooooo

On 29/10/2019 at 08:44, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think we as close to a one man team as it gets in terms of how much better than the rest of the team Jack is. 

I don’t think we’ll get anything out of games he doesn’t play in and had he not played at all this season I think we’d be in bottom 3.

Have you reassessed your thoughts on us being a one man team?

Even at the time I thought implying that he's much better than the rest of the team was strong (I think Grealish, Mings and McGinn are our three best players, and all three have a similar ceiling in how far they can go), but the game against Liverpool surely shows that we're not a one-man team, and that we have other options available if he's out.

(Despite the fact that we lost! Obviously!)

• Like 1

Â