The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Jack adds a lot no question. But I don't think we are. Mcginns impact has been huge. Obviously we are stronger with grealish in the side but we are not a one man team.

But if we don’t win games when he is not in the team then surely that makes us a one man team? 

Do you have an example of another team that’s is as reliant on one player as we are?

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

But if we don’t win games when he is not in the team then surely that makes us a one man team?

Our one man is Conor not Jack the stats show we win when he plays 😜

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Do you have an example of another team that’s is as reliant on one player as we are?

Didn't we win alot of games last season without grealish? 

He is a vital player for us no doubt but I think it's wrong to say we are a one man team.

Liverpool with Salah 

Arsenal with auba

Spurs with Kane

55 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We have a league sample size of 0 since we had a huge overhaul and bought a gazillion players in the summer. Did we concede against City after he came off. Coincidence?

I understand people's concerns, but let's wait and see hey! I don't think Liverpool is the best test of this anyway. If he's not back for Newcastle that's the real benchmark.

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He is a vital player for us no doubt but I think it's wrong to say we are a one man team.

Liverpool with Salah 

Arsenal with auba

Spurs with Kane

No.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Liverpool with Salah 

Arsenal with auba

Spurs with Kane

I think we won 3 out of 15 last season in the league when Jack didn’t play. 

We have a different team now though so hopefully the other players can step up.

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We have a different team now though so hopefully the other players can step up.

That's the hope but I think the issue is el ghazi is inconsistent and trez has just generally looked poor. 

Jota is injured so the latter two will start vs Liverpool. Could see kodjia on the left again.

15 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

We have a league sample size of 0 since we had a huge overhaul and bought a gazillion players in the summer. Did we concede against City after he came off. Coincidence?

I understand people's concerns, but let's wait and see hey! I don't think Liverpool is the best test of this anyway. If he's not back for Newcastle that's the real benchmark.

Yeah if he was going to get injured and miss games at some time this season it’s probably the best time for it to happen for the club.  

A shame for him personally though with the international break coming up. 

• Like 1

We were so reliant on Grealish last season because he was the only player with any composure on the ball and he linked everything together in the middle of the park, he was key to playing in the new way that Smith wanted us to play. This season we have more players that are comfortable on the ball and capable of playing Smith's style of football, so things shouldn't fall apart so much when he's out. Also last season when Grealish was injured Tuanzebe was also injured which also played a part in our bad run of form during that period.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Against Everton grealish was having a stinker and we win that game. 

I refuse to accept we are a one man side.

He started off the move for the first goal. He has a hand in 90% of all the good things we do.

Also:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

the league cup is the best route to wembley........ im so used to going to wembley now every may I am desperate desperate to go again.

Consider:

a) we've got this far already....... I can smell those credit card only hotdogs

2) we have won this trophy many times (probably only behind liverpool) so for me it's  special

e)big sides playing each other so will leave a clear route to the final.

f)wolves are shattered from flying all over europe they will surely play like a team who don;t give a monkeys. just like the Villa team in the 96 fa cup semi.

3)even poor Villa teams always do well in this competition. the 86 bottle job boys got to the semi's. David o'learys "honest bunch of lads" got to the semis and I'm sure I remember Juan Pablo Angel scoring a screamer against chelsea when Taylor was the gaffer.

We need to field the strongest possible team. Grealish must play. Just like baggio in the 94 world cup final. We can take him off at 2-0 or 60mins at 1-0.

I just hope these villa report guys are propaganda merchants and it's all spin. why would an express and star journo know before a birmingham mail?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, screwdriver said:

2) we have won this trophy many times (probably only behind liverpool) so for me it's  special

Chelsea have overtaken us too

saw a couple of years ago someone had converted the league cup history in to a standard points table, we were on top, most actual games won in the competition, would be interesting to see that again

1 hour ago, screwdriver said:

the league cup is the best route to wembley........ im so used to going to wembley now every may I am desperate desperate to go again.

Consider:

a) we've got this far already....... I can smell those credit card only hotdogs

e)big sides playing each other so will leave a clear route to the final.

f)wolves are shattered from flying all over europe they will surely play like a team who don;t give a monkeys. just like the Villa team in the 96 fa cup semi.

3)even poor Villa teams always do well in this competition. the 86 bottle job boys got to the semi's. David o'learys "honest bunch of lads" got to the semis and I'm sure I remember Juan Pablo Angel scoring a screamer against chelsea when Taylor was the gaffer.

We need to field the strongest possible team. Grealish must play. Just like baggio in the 94 world cup final. We can take him off at 2-0 or 60mins at 1-0.

I just hope these villa report guys are propaganda merchants and it's all spin. why would an express and star journo know before a birmingham mail?

Was the same season. I think we even finished 6th in the league or could have been the season later.

God the standard of the league must have been really shit back then. 

Knowing what Jack is like he’ll defo want to play against Liverpool even if not 100%, but actually it’s best if he doesn’t. We’re likely to lose anyway, so resting him fully and making sure he is 100% for the following week in a winnable would be more beneficial 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Pray he’s back for Saturday but I know it’s unlikely.

Deanos interview after Wolves game implies he is more than likely to be fit.

48 Hours yet before game he should be ok

Edited by Mark_1989
  • Thanks 1

Â