The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

There is no adequate cover for Jack.

Cover are by definition never adequate if you want like for like, but it's a genuine question. It's obvious we need a striker, but a better Jota might be a thing as well. 

19 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

There is no adequate cover for Jack.

Agreed.

His ball carrying is absolutely out of this world. He'd start for Liverpool and be flirting with the first XI for City.

We'd just have to change the way we play a bit and move the ball quicker rather than expecting one man to beat two players and move us 30 yards up the pitch every time he gets it.

We'd really struggle for a few weeks I think. The sole negative side of having a player like this is that the team becomes used to having them and adjusts to it. That's half the reason that first City goal happened. Engels and Guilbert couldn't foresee Jesus winning such a direct flick on against Tyrone because he wins 99% of all his headers. Hopefully they've learnt now.

We probablywould lose even with grealish onnsat so that doesn't matter too much. He will be badly missed against wolves.

If he is back against Newcastle I'm happy. Time for people like trez and el ghazi to step up.

Will also give Conor and lansbury opportunity to step up and push for s starting place. We are not a one man team.

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We probablywould lose even with grealish onnsat so that doesn't matter too much. He will be badly missed against wolves.

If he is back against Newcastle I'm happy. Time for people like trez and el ghazi to step up.

Will also give Conor and lansbury opportunity to step up and push for s starting place. We are not a one man team.

I think we as close to a one man team as it gets in terms of how much better than the rest of the team Jack is. 

I don’t think we’ll get anything out of games he doesn’t play in and had he not played at all this season I think we’d be in bottom 3.

Gutted if he's out for Liverpool as despite what some think I believe we are capable of getting something from that being the home team. Without Jack then I wouldn't expect anything really but who knows. Back to back defeats will be hard to take even if they are against the two best teams in the league. 

I'm expecting a few changes for Wolves in the cup but if he misses Liverpool I'd like to see El Ghazi come in for him and then the same side that played City. Maybe Davis in for Wes depending on how he gets on tomorrow night. 

We basically need him back asap and hopefully he gets back in time for an England call up because he deserves one. He missed three months last season and we were absolute dog **** in a league with far less quality, he's absolutely essential to our team. 

Edited by VillaFaninLondon

I was so looking forward to wednesday night but then I was dreading it.

Even Grealish's cover man jota is crocked. How did this guy pass a medical?

However I just had o'kelly interview running on my  other monitor and he said knowing Jack he will recover. I can now go about my daily business in a relaxed way.

We ARE! a one man team. JAck is the new baggio, I can't watch Villa without Grealish,  I dread flashbacks from last winter.

10 hours ago, Farlz said:

journalism 101

"early indications" and the word "suggest" are the get out of jail cards, makes the reporting of factual truth in the next statement irrelevant, "there are concerns" that it will be 4, from who? from us on here? from the tea lady? 

its an absolutely nothing statement completely fabricated but worded in a way that absolves them of culpability if it is found to be untrue and allows them to actually develop their initial bullshit if that happens, if he plays tomorrow night they can play off against the early indications, its the early indications that were wrong rather than them

the truth is they haven't got a clue

• Like 4

If he misses Wolves and Liverpool not the end of the world. Its a shame obviously but if you have to miss a couple of games you could argue its good timing! Any longer than that is a concern though but you have to hope others will step in and do a decent job. Only negative about a player like Jack is that he is literally unreplaceable! We'll certainly need McGinn to get back to his best but worried hes slightly jaded. *Mild panic*

57 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

journalism 101

"early indications" and the word "suggest" are the get out of jail cards, makes the reporting of factual truth in the next statement irrelevant, "there are concerns" that it will be 4, from who? from us on here? from the tea lady? 

its an absolutely nothing statement completely fabricated but worded in a way that absolves them of culpability if it is found to be untrue and allows them to actually develop their initial bullshit if that happens, if he plays tomorrow night they can play off against the early indications, its the early indications that were wrong rather than them

the truth is they haven't got a clue

Absolutely this. 

Not clear to me he'd be playing Wednesday anyway, it's more likely we will be rotating and Wolves almost certainly will as well. Would be nice to have him for Liverpool but there's no chance we get anything from that game. I'd prefer him to be back full fit for the 10th.

What's clear is that no one really knows what's going on. Villareport is a load of shite and they're quoting/ paraphrasing Daily Mail, which is also a load of shite.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think we as close to a one man team as it gets in terms of how much better than the rest of the team Jack is. 

I don’t think we’ll get anything out of games he doesn’t play in and had he not played at all this season I think we’d be in bottom 3.

Jack adds a lot no question. But I don't think we are. Mcginns impact has been huge. Obviously we are stronger with grealish in the side but we are not a one man team.

This could also  cost Jack his (probable?) England call-up.

In terms of Villa, that's fine. But I'm sure Jack wants to get his feet firmly under the table before the Euros and with Mings there too it would make it fun to watch England again.

• Like 1

Â