The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Outstanding today. Brilliant, brilliant talent and we're lucky to have him. No doubt, one day, he will leave to chase trophies to add to his legacy. 

Most important fact today - he has pace! Tracked back brilliantly against Sterling and that cheating little twunt dived and got him booked. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Outstanding today. Brilliant, brilliant talent and we're lucky to have him. No doubt, one day, he will leave to chase trophies to add to his legacy. 

Most important fact today - he has pace! Tracked back brilliantly against Sterling and that cheating little twunt dived and got him booked. 

I think we have the budget to avoid forcing him into that. But it will have to be spent very wisely over the next 2 or 3 transfer windows, and maintaining the togetherness in the squad will be difficult if we're constantly overhauling it.

Really need a few more players to step up so that we can build around a core. My big hope is still Douglas Luiz, who looks like a real talent to me, and I think despite the occasional weaker game, Mings, McGinn and Engels are in it for the long haul.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Oh shit no 

Muscle injury, if its a minor strain, is probably about 2 weeks.  Sucks but I would rather him miss a game like Liverpool where we have only a small chance of winning over some more winnable sections of our schedule.  

Edited by Rightdm00
Spelling
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Hope he’s back for the Wolves game if he has to miss Liverpool. 

In other news I’ve just watched Pep’s post match presser, he said that Grealish is a very talented player but they couldn’t afford him 😂

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Pep said he's a sensational player but that Man City can't afford him.

This is called tapping up a player

6 hours ago, lexicon said:

Our only player who could get into a team like Citeh IMO.

I think Mings and Engels are better than those who played at center half for mancity

Edited by momo

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Pep said he's a sensational player but that Man City can't afford him.

That's 2 or 3 things from pep

That's because despite popular opinion that city have crazy money in reality they don't tend to spend record breaking transfers all over the shop, what city have is £40m players in every position and then £20m players on the bench, I think they only have about 5 of the top 20 transfers, spending £75m on Jack isn't thay much of a fit for them

Stating they can't afford him is actually pretty clever, they don't need him, they have sane, mahrez and Foden as bit part players, they aren't going to buy him, pep hyping him like that asks the question well how much is he actually worth? Not to city but say utd, spurs, arsenal, Liverpool etc if a rival was to buy him man citys manager just added £10m to his price 

Its woe is me playing City down, he does that a lot

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's 2 or 3 things from pep

That's because despite popular opinion that city have crazy money in reality they don't tend to spend record breaking transfers all over the shop, what city have is £40m players in every position and then £20m players on the bench, I think they only have about 5 of the top 20 transfers, spending £75m on Jack isn't thay much of a fit for them

Stating they can't afford him is actually pretty clever, they don't need him, they have sane, mahrez and Foden as bit part players, they aren't going to buy him, pep hyping him like that asks the question well how much is he actually worth? Not to city but say utd, spurs, arsenal, Liverpool etc if a rival was to buy him man citys manager just added £10m to his price 

Its woe is me playing City down, he does that a lot

Tbh there could be some truth in "cant afford".

I don't mean because the owners aren't filthy rich, because they are, but if the reports are correct their owners have been inflating the sponsorship deals to allow man city to spend so much money over the last few years and afford the transfer fees.

Apparently this is being investigated and due to concerns about that the owners can't currently pump the money in they did even 12 months ago, so in effect that probably why they aren't spending super bucks.

Yes they spent 100m odd in the summer, but without the issues they would probably have spent 2-3 times that.

So in closing, I'm sure they could afford him, but apparently there are some money issues at city until the owners find a way to deal with/overcome the sponsorship issues and can continue pumping money in.

Edited by MaVilla

Â