The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

23 hours ago, Keyblade said:

He'd have a case with Jack to be fair. First manager to start him in the league.

Watch yourself man, that almost looks like you are complimenting Sherwood, which is not acceptable according to the rules of VT.

7 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Watch yourself man, that almost looks like you are complimenting Sherwood, which is not acceptable according to the rules of VT.

I hate Sherwood as a manager and think he's the worst one in our history but credit where it's due. He didn't have to play a 20 year old academy graduate while we were in a relegation scrap, but he did...and he was the first to do so.

• Like 1

Grealish made fifteen appareances that season before Sherwood even arrived at the club, it wasn't as if he plucked a youngster from obscurity that no one had ever heard of, he was already rated as one of the best youngsters in the country and as having exceptional potential. If Sherwood had have never been our manager Grealish would have still become the player that he is today, some might  even argue that he might have progressed quicker, but I guess that would depend on how much one blames our relegation on Sherwood.

Just now, useless said:

Grealish made fifteen appareances that season before Sherwood even arrived at the club, it wasn't as if he plucked a youngster from obscurity that no one had ever heard of, he was already rated as one of the best youngsters in the country and as having exceptional potential. If Sherwood had have never been our manager Grealish would have still become the player that he is today, some might  even argue that he might have progressed quicker, but I guess that would depend on how much one blames our relegation on Sherwood.

I mean, that's not the point. He was the first to start him in the league, at a time when we were in a precarious position. Started him in a cup semifinal as well. That deserves credit. Nobody's saying he was the one who discovered him, just the first to give him his major break.

Well he wasn't the first to give him his major break, as he'd already played plenty of times before Sherwood even arrived at the club. I'm guessing Lambert would have been the one to play him first, but I wouldn't give him credit either as Grealish was such a big talent that he was always going to make it no matter who our managers were when he was first coming through.

47 minutes ago, av1 said:

I'd be amazed if Pep isn't watching him, David Silva retiring at the end of the season aswell. 

I’ve said this before, people talk about Foden being Silva’s replacement but Jack is far more similar in style 

I think it was £3m plus Onomah, basically Spurs were trying to take advantage of our perilous financial situation, thankfully Xia held firm and refused to budge. They knew he was worth much more exhibited by the fact that after we had our takeover and were no longer desperate, they made a more serious bid of £25m.

The scary thing is we know he has further to go. The reassuring thing is I think Wes and Nassef WILL invest in this team over the next two years, to surround Jack with the quality of player who will bring us towards top 6 - and therefore anyone wanting Jack will find it harder to lure him away. I mean that stat - second best player behind Ronaldo over last 6 games - when we as a brand new team are getting used to the prem - well it's the start of something incredible isn't it. 

• Like 2

What an immense character and talent he is.

I've said for so long now he will be up their with the best of all time, that we need to hold on to him and build around him if we are to be successful. So glad it's coming to be.

Maintaining PL status this season is so pivotal to our future success as a club. Grealish is a player other players want to play with, he moves, others question being here more.

I've always enjoyed supporting Villa, the only time I've really been disappointed is when I read that Xia might be responsible for the club ceasing to exist!

But there's been nothing close to watching this hometown hero play his role to salvage the club from obscurity, his game is so aesthetic and his character has depth.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, A'Villan said:

But there's been nothing close to watching this hometown hero play his role to salvage the club from obscurity, his game is so aesthetic and his character has depth.

Aesthetic isn't a superlative on its own. It would be "aesthetically pleasing". 

Sorry for being a pedantic bitch but it just hurts me. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Me too, it’s a phrase I hear my kids say all the time and it winds me up! 

Aesthetically pleasing is correct, Jack’s sublime silky skill is matched by his style on the pitch*, from his rolled down socks to his floppy hair - he’s a beautiful man. 

* off the pitch, some of his dress sense is questionable but then I’m nearly 40 and don’t understand the youth of today 

14 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Thanks for pulling me up. I like learning.

14 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Me too, it’s a phrase I hear my kids say all the time and it winds me up! 

Aesthetically pleasing is correct, Jack’s sublime silky skill is matched by his style on the pitch*, from his rolled down socks to his floppy hair - he’s a beautiful man. 

* off the pitch, some of his dress sense is questionable but then I’m nearly 40 and don’t understand the youth of today 

His dress sense is apparently fashionable but not for me. Who cares though, right?

But saying that I will probably rock up to my wedding wearing white socks, slides, basketball shorts and a baggy t-shirt!

• Like 1

On 23/10/2019 at 09:32, useless said:

If Grealish stays he could become the best player to have ever played for the club and as a consequence the club could have one of it's most gilded spells of decorated success in it's history. But the fact of the matter is that as one of the best players in the world, soon enough the best clubs in the world are going to want him, and as much as he's a Villa fan, he's going to want to play for such clubs at some point, rather than for a team that's happy just to survive, which is why we need to keep pushing forward.

It's easier seeing him in some of the big clubs in Europe than another team in the Premier League.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

It's easier seeing him in some of the big clubs in Europe than another team in the Premier League.

Yeah, think of the damage he could do to defences in a league where the pace is slightly lower than the Prem.

Â