The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I just read a telegraph article that described him as 5 foot 7. No way is he that short!?

It was recently claimed he was 6'2 as well. You can never really know how tall athletes actually are unless you see them in person.

20 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

I think that after today there will be a clamour for from people outside of villa. I had a good root around in Twitter/ Facebook last night and other fans, even those who hate him, tend to agree that he should be in the England team.

I have to say though I was shocked and annoyed at how many people seem to really dislike him, whether it be for his hair, socks, or perceived diving tendencies. Bizarre. I did start to defend him a few times til I realised the futility of it. Hopefully the more people pay attention to his actual football the more they will see him for the class act that he really is

I think people dislike him for one main reason, he really P***** there teams off by drawing alot of fouls with his quick little touches then accelerates when they commit. Jack also knows how to watch the ball and watch the feet of the opposition very well, i would actually compare him to a psychologist but footballing wise, he knows how to get inside peoples heads. Jack also knows how to speak to officials whether its abit of anger here or abit of a joke there, he knows how to do it. Jack can do all the little trickery and still manage to maintain his little touches, he has a style and skill that clearly annoys footballers playing against him.

So what do people do, rather than say he's a complete package and really good footy player, they turn to saying they hate his hair, sock and boots, yet we all know the real truth, they cant stand him because they do not have anyone like him in there squad.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It was recently claimed he was 6'2 as well. You can never really know how tall athletes actually are unless you see them in person.

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I just read a telegraph article that described him as 5 foot 7. No way is he that short!?

Big Dion inexplicably just made it up on football focus! OR Dion thinks he's much taller than he is because of all the headers he'd win and has matched Grealish up.

Jacko is somewhere between 5' 10" and 6'.

Garth Crooks has him in his team of the week and points out that the last time he picked him he was knocking on the door for England, but now he is kicking the door down. 

He had one break that was so good and funny. He just ran in a straight for 30 yards  a Brighton player came out to pressure and Grealish either by balance or dropping a shoulder basically sent the opponent to the other direction and Jack kept running straight ahead. On TV it looked hilarious. 

The lad has ridiculous balance. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Haha 1

Genuinely think he should not only be starting for England, but will be one of their best players over the next 5 years. He has everything.

He’s incredible. Imagine what he’d be like playing with the likes of Sterling etc. 

He’s a joy to watch. The most gifted player I’ve seen at Villa park since the likes of Merson and McGrath. 

Running out of superlatives for the lad.

On 19/10/2019 at 23:37, MaVilla said:

Agbonlahor was the funniest for me, remember when he broke on to the scene in that first season there were reports manure wanted to sign him etc, boy did he not develop, he should never have got that last 5 year contract, terrible player those last 5 year's tainted any positive memories for me.

Agbonlahor is our all time leading Premier League goalscorer, to say he never developed and is a terrible player is pretty disrespectful in my opinion.

Granted the way his career ended at Villa was nothing short of a disgrace, but from 2006 to 2010/11 he was unplayable and a huge part of the MON era.

• Like 3

Running out of superlatives for Jack Grealish, he was absolutely magnificent on Saturday.

He's the one player in our team who can receive the ball and you just know he isn't going to lose it. 

He drove the team on in the second half, picking up balls from deep, the center, on the left and on the right. The ability to move him around or let him float around the pitch is really a benefit to us now, it creates panic for the opposition as he goes up against a different opposition each time he receives the ball. You can almost sense the fear of the opposition players when he moves towards them, drawing fouls as he goes.

It's now almost a certainty that he will replace Maddison in the next England squad, and then just as has happened with Mings the nation will fall in love with Grealish as we have done. Really looking forward to people who have ridiculed him for his shin pads, his hair, his 'diving, to finally appreciate his talents as a footballer. 

He's special, and he's ours.

He is special, everything we do goes through him. Just please don't expect a performance like that from him every week. As great as he is, all stars were aligned Saturday for him after the sending off.

Edited by AVTuco

Â