The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

For me you play Tammy over kane because all kane can do is score wereas Tammy is actually skilled on the ball. 

I would probably play 

Sterling, mount, maddison, Grealish with a holding Midfield player. If England are worried about defense mount or maddison can go out wide instead of Grealish and he can tuck in and do the dirty work. 

It's the other way around. Kane has the skill and vision of a #10 on the ball whereas Tammy as much as I love him isn't very technically skilled.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

Delph and Maddison both dropping out could've been a good opportunity to try Jack. Shame. 

Southgate must really not rate him for whatever reason. Had him with the U21s for a small time, maybe a hangover of something he didn't like there.

Jack's got plenty of time and most true watchers of the Premier League know that he should be in that squad.

Anyhow, I would rather he was resting up than travelling to Eastern Europe and warming the bench like Maddison has done for the past few internationals.

Southgate is starting to look a bit of a mug IMHO.  How Barkley is starting in front of Maddison, Mount or Jack is beyond me!! 

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It's the other way around. Kane has the skill and vision of a #10 on the ball whereas Tammy as much as I love him isn't very technically skilled.

In all the games I have watched kane play he never adds anything to a game except score. Tammy can at least dribble past players the only dribbling kane is doing is when he speaks. 

5 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

In all the games I have watched kane play he never adds anything to a game except score. Tammy can at least dribble past players the only dribbling kane is doing is when he speaks. 

I watch almost all Spurs games because my brother is a Spurs fan. I'm not joking when I say he's their best playmaker after Eriksen. Tammy can run around a bit and wrongfoot defenders but Kane can do everything else...including finish where he's much better than Tammy. I love Tammy, but they're worlds apart.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

like I said before even if that's true (I agree with keyblade he's better than that) he's scoring at such a high rate for spurs and England that he wont be dropped

highest English scorer in the PL for 5 seasons, captain and scoring a goal a game for England this year dropped because someone has 3 more goals than him after 8 PL games? that's never happening

• Like 1

What was glaringly obvious with England tonight is that they really missed a player like Jack Grealish.  Lots of direct forward runners but no one who could dribble diagonally across the defensive line dragging players out of position. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sidcow said:

What was glaringly obvious with England tonight is that they really missed a player like Jack Grealish.  Lots of direct forward runners but no one who could dribble diagonally across the defensive line dragging players out of position. 

Completely agree.  Hendo like a headless chicken, Mount looked lost, Sancho just too young.  Jack could have played at 8, 10 or 7 and would have improved that team and, certainly at 8 or 10, brought a measure of control that no-one else came near too!

Southgate must be regretting his picks now.  I wonder if he will acknowledge this??

Edited by barry'sboots
  • Like 1

One of the barbers where I get my haircut is an Arsenal fan

He was at Wembley watching us live in the FA cup final, he's been a fan and monitored Jack since.

He fancies him out-wide left in a creative role without the responsibility to come deep to pick up the ball.

Me, I think Jack's proving both good and versatile enough for just about any midfield role except a purely defensive one.

As for England, I'm in no way suggesting that Grealish isn't up to the standard to, but I don't think he will play ahead of Sancho or Sterling.

Maybe play him ahead of Mount? I don't know, I've never seen Mount play a second in my life, so no idea what he offers.

Certainly would have Grealish among the bench though.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

One of the barbers where I get my haircut is an Arsenal fan

He was at Wembley watching us live in the FA cup final, he's been a fan and monitored Jack since.

He fancies him out-wide left in a creative role without the responsibility to come deep to pick up the ball.

Me, I think Jack's proving both good and versatile enough for just about any midfield role except a purely defensive one.

As for England, I'm in no way suggesting that Grealish isn't up to the standard to, but I don't think he will play ahead of Sancho or Sterling.

Maybe play him ahead of Mount? I don't know, I've never seen Mount play a second in my life, so no idea what he offers.

Certainly would have Grealish among the bench though.

Jack's a lot of things but a left winger isn't one of them , it's hard to put any position on him other than a free role attacking player. He's at his best when he can float around in the attacking third, predominantly from a central and left/right of central position. 

He's a free spirit, an attacking midfielder in the the matt le tissier mould I think ,  very hard to shoe horn him into any specific position and most importantly he's a team player. 

Also I'm quite sure you've watched Mount play at least once at Wembley last May ! (could understand how you didn't notice him though to be fair) 

Edit: if only he could learn to shoot like le tissier.... 

Edited by kiltorken
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, kiltorken said:

Jack's a lot of things but a left winger isn't one of them , it's hard to put any position on him other than a free role attacking player. He's at his best when he can float around in the attacking third, predominantly from a central and left/right of central position. 

He's a free spirit, an attacking midfielder in the the matt le tissier mould I think ,  very hard to shoe horn him into any specific position and most importantly he's a team player. 

Also I'm quite sure you've watched Mount play at least once at Wembley last May ! (could understand how you didn't notice him though to be fair) 

Right on all accounts.

I said to the barber that I think putting him wide-left limits his ability to impose himself on the game and provide opportunities for others.

Giving him the freedom to occupy anywhere in the final third or attacking half allows him to be the focal point, distribute the ball effectively and frees up others.

As for Wembley, you are right, I watched nearly every match, and saw the highlights for the one's I missed. Mount never really captured my interest enough to take note obviously.

Then again we did take Derby to school at every encounter last season, I didn't watch Derby outside of that. I've gone off keeping up with football outside Villa for the most part.

9 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Giving him the freedom to occupy anywhere in the final third or attacking half allows him to be the focal point, distribute the ball effectively and frees up others.

That's it exactly, hit the nail on the head.

His innate ability to glide past defenders and bring others into play would be almost impossible to replace. He's a truly unique player, our jack. 

• Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 15:26, rodders0223 said:

Southgate must really not rate him for whatever reason. Had him with the U21s for a small time, maybe a hangover of something he didn't like there.

Southgate reminds me of one of those old style managers where he has his faverites. The only time he's giving someone else a chance i see is because he's actually lacking in that position because to me if Mings had of played that game last night, I don't think the first goal would of been.

England lacked  some real creativity and toughness in them last night, something i feel we as a club have been earning back the past couple of seasons. Players like Mings have that toughness, while Grealish has that spark and creativity to cause problems for defences.

Southgate made one hell of a mistake not adding Jack to his squad, he should of given him a go at least and will regret it down the line. I fear that Jack won't ever get into the England squad whilever Southgate is in charge, it's a shame but if true then I hope we see a new England manager soon.

As for the Premier, I do think Jack is starting to get upto speed with it all now, his performances are becoming better each game. I hope offers do come in for Jack and John come January only if it's for the fact our Owners will say hands off get lost.

Edited by Dave-R

Â