The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I look at that and then think of a correlation between goals scored and being shit

how have Watford only scored 4 goals when those 3 players alone have created 34 chances in open play? (hopefully its because deeney has been shit) Norwich something similar

great that jacks top, im sure McGinn and maybe big wes are near the top of the charts for shots which is probably why but then only 5 teams have more goals than us, only Leicester out of the other 14

52 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I look at that and then think of a correlation between goals scored and being shit

how have Watford only scored 4 goals when those 3 players alone have created 34 chances in open play? (hopefully its because deeney has been shit) Norwich something similar

great that jacks top, im sure McGinn and maybe big wes are near the top of the charts for shots which is probably why but then only 5 teams have more goals than us, only Leicester out of the other 14

Deeney has been injured all season. It's a huge blow for them. Bigger than I initially thought it would be.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

McGinn is 6th, wes and El Ghazi tied for 23rd and Jack 30th.

15 above Jack are from MU, MC, Che, Liv, TOT, ARS

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Wow, thats a great one.

Its interesting to see the one that includes top 6 too.

It doesnt include 'the top 6' No Chelsea, City, pool, ars, United or spuds. Debruyne has like 22 chances created

Edited by MotoMkali

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

It doesnt include 'the top 6' No Chelsea, City, pool, ars, United or spuds. Debruyne has like 22 chances created

Thats why I wanted it, if De Bruyne has 22, then thats more impressive for Jack.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Thats why I wanted it, if De Bruyne has 22, then thats more impressive for Jack.

Well here's the table for total chances created this season which includes all types of set pieces. Interestingly Jack's number of 19 is the same as the one from the table above that excludes set pieces while a lot of the other players like Digne and Lanzini's numbers are significantly reduced presumably because they take and create more chances from set Pieces.

Kevin De Bruyne - 29
Trent Alexander-Arnold - 28
Gylfi Sigurdsson - 22
Riyad Mahrez - 20
Pascal Gross - 20
Emiliano Buendia - 20
Jack Grealish - 19
Manuel Lanzini - 17
Oliver Norwood - 17
Lucas Digne - 17

Even more interesting is that Jack is top of the table for "Other" types of chances that don't include crosses, free kicks, corners, through balls etc with 17. His other 2 are from crosses. De Bruyne is second with 14. This tells me exactly what I see on the pitch, that he runs the show during open play and every chance we have goes through him.

This is what the table looks like if you take out set-pieces. I could be wrong, but my calculations did match up for Buendia, Gross and Sigurdsson in the other table. 

Kevin De Bruyne - 23
Trent Alexander-Arnold - 20
Jack Grealish - 19
Riyad Mahrez - 18
Emiliano Buendia - 13
Pascal Gross - 11
Gylfi Sigurdsson - 10

• Thanks 1

On 07/10/2019 at 17:12, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Let's be honest, his BEST performance was his last, he is only JUST getting up to his best. Not sure if it warrants a call up yet, a manager will want to see more consistency first IMO.

He was actually pretty poor in a few games this season.

His best performance whilst Villa have been in the PL was vs Liverpool in the FAC SF years ago .... as an inside left forward! 

Frankly, Jack could play anywhere on the wing or as ACM or as a no. 8 and still be our best player.  The question for DS is where he benefits the Villa team the most.  Given that we have several strong midfielders but (a) our wingers weren't really doing it; and (b) Wesley was looking isolated with two "8"s and two out and out wingers so no-one was getting close to him, we look better with Jack on the left.  As stated earlier, this wouldn't work with Taylor in the side as the balance would be all wrong.

On a different note, I think a front four of:

--------------------- Maddison ----------------------

Sterling -------------- Kane --------------- Jack

would be really interesting for England as well and they are all able to play football, play off each other and interchange.

2 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

His best performance whilst Villa have been in the PL was vs Liverpool in the FAC SF years ago .... as an inside left forward! 

Frankly, Jack could play anywhere on the wing or as ACM or as a no. 8 and still be our best player.  The question for DS is where he benefits the Villa team the most.  Given that we have several strong midfielders but (a) our wingers weren't really doing it; and (b) Wesley was looking isolated with two "8"s and two out and out wingers so no-one was getting close to him, we look better with Jack on the left.  As stated earlier, this wouldn't work with Taylor in the side as the balance would be all wrong.

would be really interesting for England as well and they are all able to play football, play off each other and interchange.

Who’s currently playing there? Is it still Rashford and Lingard?

Sancho is a good young winger, but does not have as much interaction with the rest of the team as Jack would.

Rashford can look good out there and also has pace but, for me, is a 9 playing out of position and, again, wouldn't have the interaction that Jack would.

8 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

For me you play Tammy over kane because all kane can do is score wereas Tammy is actually skilled on the ball. 

I would probably play 

Sterling, mount, maddison, Grealish with a holding Midfield player. If England are worried about defense mount or maddison can go out wide instead of Grealish and he can tuck in and do the dirty work. 

kane is currently on 21 goals in his last 24 games (over a span of 3 years) he has 6 in 6 in the last year after being the top scorer at WC 2018, he might only add goals but he'll beat rooney's record and that's before you consider that he's captain, he's not getting dropped!

and Maddison cant get a start, he's also withdrawn from the squad with illness - still no jack! no replacement

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

For me you play Tammy over kane because all kane can do is score wereas Tammy is actually skilled on the ball. 

I would probably play 

Sterling, mount, maddison, Grealish with a holding Midfield player. If England are worried about defense mount or maddison can go out wide instead of Grealish and he can tuck in and do the dirty work. 

Tammy is not on Kanes level. Whether it's finishing, hold up play, passing, movement Kane is a notch above Tammy in those areas. Only thing Tammy has over Kane is a bit of pace. 

Personally would prefer 

Sterling-Jack-Sancho behind Kane. With Rice and Henderson behind.

• Like 3

Â