The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

He needs to curl those shots instead of putting his laces through it. Could have had 2 goals today if he had but I'm guessing since he's been missing with that technique for a while he decided to take a page out of McGinn's book and I don't blame him.

24 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He needs to curl those shots instead of putting his laces through it. Could have had 2 goals today if he had but I'm guessing since he's been missing with that technique for a while he decided to take a page out of McGinn's book and I don't blame him.

There was one in the first half where he curled it rather than putting his laces through which was the wrong option at the time. I think at the moment he’s desperate to get a premier league goal and so is rushing his chances and going the wrong option. I think once he gets one, he’ll settle and be more composed with his finishing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

There was one in the first half where he curled it rather than putting his laces through which was the wrong option at the time. I think at the moment he’s desperate to get a premier league goal and so is rushing his chances and going the wrong option. I think once he gets one, he’ll settle and be more composed with his finishing.

He's getting there. He's on the cusp of being a special player at this level.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He's getting there. He's on the cusp of being a special player at this level.

Yes agreed, I’ve always said there are very few player in the world who carry the ball the way Jack does. He can and will improve as well. I think when he gets an england call up, we’ll see even more improvement as he will learn off others.

For him, I'm giving him a 6/10 at best.

I want more Jack, you're better than this.

That shot late on second half, jeez. I was certain he was going to score. You have to do more Jack, clipping it over with no threat is not good enough.

Had his legs cut off from 60 mins on when Taylor came on. Ruined his game, you can see how much he hates playing with him.

That shot he had central of the 18 yard box that he blazed over, and didn't pass to trez who was open to his right, exact carbon copy of one a few games ago where he has someone else to his right and didn't pass.

Can't remember the game though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Yes agreed, I’ve always said there are very few player in the world who carry the ball the way Jack does. He can and will improve as well. I think when he gets an england call up, we’ll see even more improvement as he will learn off others.

Let's hope not Mings' form has dropped since his England call up :)

Small gripe but Jack please get off tweeting about every single game we play. The real top guys don't do this. Elite level guys. And i don't buy that it's player-fan interaction. The footballer never responds to the insuing hundreds of tweets. 

50 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Small gripe but Jack please get off tweeting about every single game we play. The real top guys don't do this. Elite level guys. And i don't buy that it's player-fan interaction. The footballer never responds to the insuing hundreds of tweets. 

I like it. Same with Mings.

4 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Could you imagine if David Beckham was playing now, he’d be live streaming throughout the game. Jack is building a brand, fair play, as long as it doesn’t affect his performances what does it matter what he posts? 

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 2

Typical Jack, lots of huffing & puffing with little end product.  Lost count of how many times he gave the ball away today... I stopped counting at 7 in the first half alone/

He has real quality in possession but it's what he does with it when he passes or shoots which needs improvement.

7 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Typical Jack, lots of huffing & puffing with little end product.  Lost count of how many times he gave the ball away today... I stopped counting at 7 in the first half alone/

He has real quality in possession but it's what he does with it when he passes or shoots which needs improvement.

Interestingly,  I saw this the complete other way. In the 2nd half where we looked horribly flat, it was Grealish constantly looking for the ball and driving forward that was our best outlet. Even McGinn was quiet in the 2nd half and Hourihane was missing.

He needs a little better movement in front of him and on his outside and there simply was none. Still got himself into scoring positions but is trying too hard with his shots.

Was frustrating late to see Jack surge forward and pass to Taylor, only for him to track back and play to Mings.

13 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

He only misplaced 7 passes all game, 86% accuracy with 3 key passes. Must have been waiting for you to stop counting it seems.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 24/09/2019 at 09:33, Czechlad said:

He is cutting it, but the players around him are not. We aren't as free flowing in attack as we were in the championship, so Grealish's chances are fewer, and not being finished. 

Grealish aint the problem. Our wings and striker is. 

Grealish is playing well but is limited by his team mates,  I rate him highly and expect the "big clubs" to come for him this year. 

16 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

I'm fairly sure they get told what to tweet by the club. Happens with all clubs not. Look out for the standard message text.

Â