The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

We Just need to tie him to Wes on 20-30 metres of rope so he can't run off and it's a wrap. He is class and easily good enough for this league. You see after every game how every top player in the opponents teams makes a be line for him. They all recognise how good he is and definitely the main man in our squad. He's had some silly moments but if there is any player in our squad I am not worried can cut it...well it's most definitely Jack. You put him in a top 4-5 team with excellent movement around him and he'd be killing it imo. I also think once he get his first goal this season things will start clicking for him. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, MaVilla said:

to be honest, if i were a betting man, i would bet as follows:

Deano played Taylor and Elmo for the first game or so as he wanted to show the team that players had to earn their place, and planned to phase Guilbert & Targett in over a few games.

He phased Guilbert in first, i also would bet he planned to phase Targett in, and the Crewe game was a run out for Targett to then go in to the first team, but he got injured which messed up the plan, hopefully it wont be long before Targett is back fit and displacing Taylor.

On another note though, would have put Hause ahead of Taylor if Targett was injured.

Now, if that "idea" of mine above isnt true, and Taylor is there becuase Deano rates him, thats concerning as far as im concerned, becuase hes rubbish, and if Deano thinks he isnt......thats concerning.

So you are questioning the ability of our manager? Have you got your CV ready?

Totally agree with those saying that Sunday was his best game. 

He's metronomic for us, and you see that each game is getting more in sync with the pace of the league. For a player who's all about releasing the ball at exactly the right time and taking that extra touch to get a yard on his man there was going to be a period of recalibration to the pace of the league. Now 6 games in you can see more of that off the cuff style which makes him so talismanic for the team.

I think he's gonna be crucial to the fortunes of the front 3 as they struggle to get themselves into game at times. With Jack getting the ball to their feet in space and playing the one-twos off them (which I think is probably crucial with Wesley) hopefully he can get them firing too.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Thus I said most. I didn't even know they tracked silver platter chances. Sounds incredibly subjective 

I don't think they track that either, I think it was just wishing out loud from @Tomaszk. I can think of 3 silver platter chances off the top of my head. 2 for Trezeguet, 1 each at both North London clubs and the cross for Wesley against West Ham that he should have put away.

If you add the assist for Lansbury at Palace he could be sitting on 3-5 assists right now and he hasn't even fully adjusted to the league yet. I just can't wait to see how good he'll be once he and the rest of the team get to grips with this league. 

• Thanks 1

I'd still prefer him playing just off Wes and leave the leg work to the other midfielders.  Jack's best bits of play this season have been when he's run at defenders and teed up chances for others and he should use up most of his effort in those areas rather than deeper. 

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I don't think they track that either, I think it was just wishing out loud from @Tomaszk. I can think of 3 silver platter chances off the top of my head. 2 for Trezeguet, 1 each at both North London clubs and the cross for Wesley against West Ham that he should have put away.

If you add the assist for Lansbury at Palace he could be sitting on 3-5 assists right now and he hasn't even fully adjusted to the league yet. I just can't wait to see how good he'll be once he and the rest of the team get to grips with this league. 

Exactly.

He serves up sitters and others lash them wide. Those missed chances are just as costly as errors like Engels giving away pens.

We need forwards to step up and stop being wasteful, it's costing us points we may not get the chance to reclaim later on. This goes for Jack in front of goal as well.

• Like 1

Jack in a free role on the left was everything I hoped it would be. He was interchanging with Connor on the left, dropping deep, just popping up everywhere. By far his best game for us.  If only he had brought his shooting boots. 

• Like 3

Â